MARCH 2024 CHALLENGES -- 03/01 - 03/31

Options

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    Karen can’t wait for the photos. It will be such fun. And great weather. Sorry about the lack of sibling help.

Chris you should have volunteered. Sounds like a great time.

Kathy I didn’t do anything after picking up my pup. Photo to follow

ad9d9fzdp14j.jpeg

So far she is doing well. I know she must be confused and missing her first family. Time will tell

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,236 Member
    Options
    Friday I completed a 10 min yoga stretch and a low impact cardio workout that really made me sweat.

Chris you guys are such wonderful grandparents but I’m sure spring break will be a nice break for you and your husband.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,291 Member
    Options
    Shelley, did I miss the puppy story?? And I've been to the Jelly Belly Factory before...WOW!! However, I didn't even hear about the trip for the kids until the day before they went. All I can say is...MEN!!
    Kathy, thank you! Yes, spring break is going to be good for us. Our next break won't be until the end of May and that is only a Friday and Monday. The last day of school is June 6th.
    Pat and I picked up our tax stuff today...I wrote the check, so now, I get to go to the post office tomorrow!! Today was mostly a total rest day for us.
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    edited March 24
    Options
    Shell,

What a cutie! Is she something like a Chihuahua/Shih Tzu (Beagle?) blend? I'm sure she's gonna love being Barney's new playmate as well as a full-fledged member of your loving family. Bet you're lucky to have found her before somebody else snapped her up, cuz she's just adorbs. <3<3<3<3<3

Chris, Here's Shelley's puppy story:
    Went to the Home And Garden show today. Bought fudge as usual. Then went to the Humane Society. I have been looking online at their available dogs for years. Silly me they have so many more. Filled out an application for a one year old female. Asunde I think is her name. Then did a meet and greet with my dogs and her. Not to bad. They came and looked at our yard this evening.
    She has to be tested to see if she lies cats now. Fingers crossed. She is smallish. Light reddish brown. Barney needs a playmate. He just doesn’t know it.
    Shelley

paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Thanks, Paula. She is a cutie!
    Got 5.28 miles in 111 mins done today to the post office and back.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy you nailed that workout. Way to be

Chris you are right. You should have heard about the field trip. I have never been. And I love them jelly beans. Popcorn and all the fruity ones. Asuna is wonderful. She will have issues to be expected. We call her Luna also. She has her tag now in case she gets out. She might still want to go to her first home. Sadly her first mom died. And the family didn’t keep her. My gain
    Sorry you had to write a check. Hopefully it was a small one

Paula thanks for adding that for Chris. And you are right. I was very lucky no one had already put an application in for her. She is house broken and ignores my cat totally. And friendly. Loves car rides and walks. And cuddles.

Worked out today and yesterday. Took the kids walking. Asuna had to stay on a leash. She does not really know us yet. Painted behind our small tank and the wall surrounding it. Moving one large tank this weekend. Then more painting.

Shelley

• zumbaforever
    Options
    Almost forgot. Because of the water and subsequent mess we put off the tank move. Next week will work

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kathy - Costa Rica is beautiful :-)

I’m here with about 30 other people from a yoga studio and some of their friends. This retreat center is super cool. The owner is just a beautiful human and the people at work here are just lovely.

All of the food is vegetarian with a little bit of fish. Unbelievably delicious. Too good lol! Getting a good amount of exercise in which is great. Got a little crispy in the sun yesterday which I’m going to try to not do today.

We are going on a hike today with apparently a really beautiful waterfall. It’s an all day excursion which just sounds perfect. I’ll send some pictures!

Have a great day!

Karene3nfwxfq6s0s.jpeg
    uzrrrgbyhgtf.jpeg
  • cpanus
    Options
    Karen, beautiful pictures. Glad you are enjoying your trip, it sounds great!
    Shelley, hope Luna makes you guys her family soon.
    I did 4.94 miles in 99 mins to the Ruins and back. It was beautiful out there. My trainer's daughter caught covid...her line is faint but still there. I won't go until she is over it.
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    Cleaned house for my housekeeper!! :D
    Taking today off. Don't know if I'll be going to my trainer tomorrow.
    The kids are in Santa Cruz having a blast! Bean is here navigating the house with his cone on. Friday can't get here too soon for him.
    Chris
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Monday was a yoga stretch and Booty bootcamp. Tuesday yoga stretch and abs workout. Wednesday will be a rest day. Starting two new challenges on Thursday with FitOn and Shelley. 😄

Karen Costa Rica sounds wonderful. Love your pictures.

Paula thanks for sharing Shelley’s puppy story. He’s a cutie.

Kathy

• zumbaforever
    Options
    Karen how often do you do yoga? Did it take years to get good? Love those photos. But you are not smiling in any. Rhododendron are pretty. Have fun. And stay out of the sun.

Sheesh. This was supposed to be posted last night

Shelley

• zumbaforever
    Options
    I had a great day at work. Since it is Spring break most of the courts are barely in session. Easy days this week. Got in two workouts. Starting new challenges on Thursday

Chris, Kathy and I are looking for ones you might want to try. Hopefully there will be some in this new challenge.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Today was a rest day and grocery shopping but I’m going to do a stretch before I go to bed.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    I met w/my trainer at noon today for a 60 min workout. Her daughter finally tested negative.
    The kids came home from Santa Cruz this afternoon and came to p/u Bean. It rained on us while we were saying HI! to the boys!! It might rain tomorrow morning but I might be able to walk tomorrow afternoon. We'll see.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy I hope you were able to get that stretch in.

Chris I such dedication. Pom poms up

Busy day. Got in an extra stretch today. Tired

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley, your pom pom dance is for Saturday, right? Because...someone...not naming who...took a total REST DAY today even tho it was pretty gorgeous out there. Just couldn't get it together.
    I have my trainer tomorrow then we have our eye appointments after that. I'll probably get new glasses!! Maybe.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris white glasses are in style. Hint hint. The Pom poms are for how consistent you have been for years. And not just for one day. I am glad you took a total rest day

Did a strength workout today that I loved. Not saying I did it all. It was challenging and pushed me

Night all
    Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    Chris,

Total rest days are important. It has been so nice to catch up on Vitamin D (aka sunshine) between rainstorms the last month. So much emotional turmoil to recover from.

best,
    Paula
  • KAR1959
    Options
    I’ve been so bad at posting, Thursday was a stretch plus arms/abs strength workout.

Today I went to the Saltville Grotto & Spa with my bff. It’s a spa that has various salt therapies and believes in alternative healing therapies. We did Halotherapy in the salt cave. It’s Georgia’s largest Punk Himalayan Salt Cave. The room was was under 70 degrees and they give you a warm blanket as you recline and the air is infused with microscopic salt particles. It helps with respiratory issues and it’s good for the skin. There were pink sparkling lights in the ceiling and I dosed off.

Next was the Infrared sauna which uses light to heat the body not steam. These saunas soothe sore muscles boost immunity and may relieve the effects of depression and anxiety. The sauna is private so clothing was optional. The heat felt wonderful.

While my bff had hand and foot message I ent to the float pod therapy. You get inside this pod filled with water and high does of Epsom salt and magnesium which allows your body to float without much effort. Did I mention I was enclosed inside the pod and didn’t get claustrophobic. 🤣 Another stress reducer, speeds muscle recovery and reduces tension and headaches.

Finally we both had an ionic foot detox. Your feet are immersed in ionized water to which salt is added which pulls toxins from the body. By the time it was over my water was so grossed and the therapist then explains what all the gunk is and other analysis. I did take a picture of the water. 🤣 The spa was amazing and I will go back and try something else.sorry this is so long,

#self care
    Kathy