strugging to eat enough

Options
mjk111
mjk111 Posts: 1 Member
edited March 15 in Social Groups
Hi all- I'm new to Zepbound, only on day 4 of my first 2.5 injection. And my word, it's working. No interest in snacking, can only eat very small portions. After (many) years of yo-yo dieting, this is the first time I can say that I'm struggling to eat enough food. I've used MFP for years off and on while trying to lose weight. I finally came back to it today to use the diary so that I can make sure I'm getting enough calories and protein. My fear is that I will go too low and cause other health problems. Does anyone have advice? Will this likely normalize in the coming weeks to where I can eat 12-1400 calories a day without struggling?
Tagged:

Replies

• jessicameadsstephens
    jessicameadsstephens Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am sticking to 1200ish calories, lots of protein and low carb, just started adding exercise. I am 5 weeks in on Semaglutide 1 shot in on the next dose up and i have lost 17 pounds
  • spacedog715
    spacedog715 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda the opposite, I snack most of my meals all day long. I drive a truck so I load up my dash with stuff and drive all day. I do like meal replacement shakes especially if I am running short on calories. I am sticking to 1200 cal.

Jan to now down 21lbs and have not added any exercise yet.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Fairlife protein shakes! Protein is SO important with this med, you will see hair and muscle loss if you aren't mindful.
  • dwhepworth
    dwhepworth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't freak out. The sides subside and you'll be able to eat more in time. I'm 74 days in and 15kgs down (33 pounds). I average 700 calories per day and aim to get 100g of protein in to minimise muscle loss. Flavourless protein water is easy to consume. And I have a multivitamin daily. No malnutrition issues. Strength train 3 times a week and LISS cardio 3 days. Best thing I ever did. I'm on 5mg.
  • veebaby1978
    veebaby1978 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I take my 4th Shot on Mounjaro Down 23 pounds and feeling good. I been working out 3-4 times a week for years and my weight just stayed the same or I would gain 5-10 pounds and lose it and gain it back Finally started MJ March 24th, 2024 and I am so happy that I am finally losing weight and it feels good especially after working out consistently!!!

How’s Everyone doing?
  • jas0441
    jas0441 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. Good to connect with others on the same journey.