Accountable April!

Options
magic71755
magic71755 Posts: 3,765 Member
edited April 1 in Social Groups
Let's do this gang. Post menus to be accountable. Keeps us honest. Helps each other. Success in numbers.
96kj2nv5z2t8.pngh2xl994apio5.pngxg0x3av07ka6.png

Replies

• magic71755
    edited April 1
    Options
    Mary's Mini:

So my plan for April 1...

B: mashed with spinach. I make a big batch of mashed...three days worth. Then I have a sistema soup bowl and stuff it with fresh spinach, top it was mashed ... microwave for three minutes. Mix Mix Mix...top with salsa. I used to mix in the spinach when making the mashed...but I like this way better...it keeps the spinach fresher.

L: broccoli soup and small baked.

Dinner: french fries and baked zucchini.

Dessert, small dish of pineapple (ONLY) ninja creamini. Lights out.

I work Tuesday - Friday...so I will enjoy every bite at home at the kitchen table. YUM!
  • magic71755
    edited April 1
    Options
    I sleep great and then wake up in the mid of the night...grrrrrrrrr. But I did prep potatoes...peeled and chopped for mashed...keep in water until ready to cook. Also, prepped fries for tonight's dinner. Cleaned up the kitchen.

sooooooooooooo...
    menu is as posted...day one TODAY.
    d0m2q87t1evl.png

HAGDE!
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,896 Member
    Options
    Thanks for getting things started for April, Nanc. Your plans sound great.

Bisky, that sounds like quite the brunch guest fiasco there. I'm glad you were able to roll with it and didn't let it ruin the good time.

I'm all set this week with things from the grab and go. Today's plan is oats with all the goodies this morning. Taking to work for whenever I get hungry. I top with chia/flax, hemp hearts, cinnamon, blueberries, a few chopped walnut halves and add water just 10 minutes or so before I'm ready to eat. I did add some plant protein powder this morning as well. Lunch will be brussels sprouts salad and maybe a handful of nuts. Dinner will be sesame ginger kale salad and jackfruit teriyaki.
  • magic71755
    edited April 2
    Options
    Great that you have the grab and go...sounds even better than the salad prepper you had, M!

Back to work today.

coffee
    spinach and mashed
    broccoli soup
    baked potato
    fries and zucchini
    ninja pineapple creamini
    26dcydh94io8.png
    HAGDE!

Aug 8: 154.6
    Sept 1: 152.4
    Oct 1: 150.2
    Nov 1: 150.0
    DEC 1: 148.8

Jan 1: 143.6
    Feb 1: 147
    Mar 1: 146.2
    Apr 1: 144

• bisky
    bisky Posts: 970 Member
    edited April 2
    Options
    Magic!!! 144 ? Yay. 💐💕👏 How do you make your broccoli soup?

Mihani - your food sounds delicious.

I have been into roasted beets, pecans and chopped onion spring lettuce mix with balsamic glaze and tiny bit of lemon olive oil dressing. I didn’t like beets until last 5 years. Then I didn’t like the mess they made in trying to roast them. (I like to eat not cook). Once I found roasted beets at Trader Joe’s I was in heaven.

Accountability check in: walk dogs this am, laundry and light cleaning. One hour of needlework and then exercise bike. Spring veggie soup with beans. Make some rice for veggie stir fry tonight. I am down 3 lbs since Italy. Want to lose 2 more lbs prior to next trip.

Weight today 170.4.
    Weight 4/2/2023. 223.4
  • magic71755
    Options
    Great stats, Bisk!

Broccoli Soup! Beyond easy …no recipe!

Sautéed onions carrots celery garlic
    Add two cups veg stock
    Add two packages Trader Joes Organic Broccoli
    Maybe a cup of mashed potatoes

Boil til cooked

Hand held blender thing and voila SOUP!

I added a bit of homemade almond milk.

Salt and Pepper to taste.

That’s it.
  • bisky
    edited April 2
    Options
    Omg! That sounds easy. Headed to TJ in 30 min. Glad I saw your reply.

This is the Badger design I am needlepointing.

6080a5e2uizg.jpeg

Mine is far from done and I might frame it rather than a pillow for the dogs and Brooks to mess up.

That red mark is just a part they put on the picture.
  • magic71755
    edited April 2
    Options
    I used the fresh organic broccoli from TJ’s just FYI The packages that are ready to cook.
    😉
  • Mihani
    Options
    Bisky, that reminds me of the winter I decided to make vegan borscht and when I was done peeling all the beets my chapped hands were all stained red. Now I wear disposable gloves if I have a lot of beets to peel or if my hands are chapped! LOL

Love the badger. Very cute.

Nanc, you are on a roll! Your soup sounds tasty and easy.
  • magic71755
    edited April 3
    Options
    Gorgeous pillow, B! Very talented...and you have patience!

Good luck heading to the finish line, M! 12 more days. Hang in there! sphpba1oivxs.png

I am on a roll, M! I love the simplicity of this program. I am ok without my beans for ten days...but I do miss them. I am toying with the idea of next time, still having my one bean serving in the morning but keeping everything else the same...at least for ten-day stretch. It will then be an ALMOST Mary's Mini. But I really believe beans lower blood pressure ...and I love that.

Today..
    coffee with homemade almond creamer (almonds and water)c7hvk2tv9vo7.png

green beans and mashed
    cold, baked potato
    broccoli soup
    French fries and steam broc (steamer bag)
    Ninja creamini
    j82ipezpdw6k.png
    HAGDE! 2j4l8hludnvq.png

• bisky
    Options
    What is this stretch you are doing?

Mihani trying to peel and roast beets is a chore. I love TJ’s roasted beets.

Long walk with pups today. I made them frozen pumpkin carrot rice dog treats that they enjoyed. Already in the 80’s. 🙄

Mushroom and rice stir fry tonight. Berries for dessert.
  • magic71755
    Options
    Mary's Mini is the stretch. It's 10 days. This lady explains it very well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN_ySi5aZRM&t=637s
  • magic71755
    Options
    today...

coffee... I am fine with my homemade almond milk creamer...it's just almond milk with less water in the vitamix and then milk bag

potatoes and spinach
    broc soup
    potatoes and green beans
    french fries
    ninja creamini

going back to sleep...HOPEFULLY!

hagde!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hi all... busy week as usual. I ran to the grab and go on the way home and got enough stuff to get me through probably Monday. A few new things to try!

Managed to get up early enough to hit the treadmill this morning. Yay me!
  • magic71755
    Options
    Made it to Friday...

coffee
    bean burrito
    potato
    apple
    not feeling great
    hagde.
  • Mihani
    Options
    Mornin' all. Three days in a row morning treadmill. Makes it a lot easier to reach my 5,000 step goal if I get half of it out of the way before my first cup of coffee.

Plan for today...
    B - oats with all the usual goodies
    L - thai peanut salad
    D - mac and cheeze, broccoli salad

I've been adding a mushroom powder blend with cacao to my coffee in the morning. Has been about a week and not sure if I'm noticing any benefit yet but I'll keep doing it for a while and see. I also got some mushroom extract that I'm going to try when I run out of the powder.
  • magic71755
    Options
    Morning...ended up going home after about 1 1/2 hours at work. Stomach virus. Made it just in time, to the porcelain gods. Slept all day...and most the night.

Not sure what I am eating today...probably mashed potatoes and side of steamed spinach. Nothing sounds good.

Feel a lot better...thankfully, not respiratory illness...just tummy virus.

HAGDE.

Great job on the TM, Mihani!
  • magic71755
    edited April 7
    Options
    Still tummy issues...

tried bean burrito for breakfast...uh no. thinking it might be the refried beans...bought a case at costco, rosarita I think they are and organic. will donate them . they just do not agree with me.

just had some homemade yogurt, berries and oats for dinner...better I think.

just need to feel better so I can dig in and clean this house. yikes.

have a good night all.
  • magic71755
    Options
    think there may be a virus going around...tummy virus? who knows

sticking to simple foods today...yogurt ... maybe saltines and bubbly...also, mashed potatoes.

feeling better than yesterday. no beans today.

have a good one!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Nanc, I had something early in March just could not stop throwing up and couldn't eat for days. I drank miso tea and ate little bits of plain white rice and saltines. Hope you feel better soon!

I am heading to the office today. I blew it off yesterday because I was feeling so run down. Going to stay 4 or 5 hours then visit with family for a bit. Ran errands and got laundry done yesterday.