March 27 - April 2

Options
GaGasheesh
GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
edited March 28 in Social Groups
LW: 135.6
TW: 135.4

So, so small a reduction, but I'll try to be okay with it.

Aww, Kelly <3 I understand the mixed feelings about putting a sign up to sell a home you love. It's very difficult to leave a place with good memories. I'm sure you won't regret your decision, though. It's just emotional. You'll make lots of memories at your cabin. Your post brought back sad memories of selling and moving from a house I loved. It was big and was where we raised our children. But, when they all started leaving for college (and not coming back because they met someone), it just felt so empty and lonely, and just too much. We're in a smaller home now, but I must admit that it feels too small when all the kids and grandkids come, lol. It's okay though. We just cram in together and have fun.

Lois, I hope the software is working better by now, and that soon you'll be able to find time to look after yourself.

Sarah, I think about you every day, wondering how the work is going and if you're coping okay . .I'm sure you are. I look at your numbers and feel like a slacker. That's probably why I'm so far above 130.

Well, I have to run. I don't think there will be a family zoom due to the fact that my OR daughter is out of town with her family, and the CA family is having illness. We saw everyone last week, so I'll be okay, lol.

My sister and I are trying to organize an outing with our siblings and their spouses. It's hard to get everyone together. It's like herding cats! Everyone going away, children and grandchildren activities. It takes a lot of time on email or the phone. We'll just keep trying.

Hope you all have a Happy Easter.

Replies

• SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
    edited March 28
    Options
    LW: 129.2
    TW: 129.2

Well once again I've hit the jackpot and weighed in at the low end of my arc. This has been a weight swinging kind of week. Wednesday was my low (the weight above), but I've gone as high as 131.4 this week. With all this house stuff, we are not cooking like we usually do, and I think some of our choices now are high in sodium. We're not really doing fast food, but picking up things we can prepare that are fast and don't dirty a lot of dishes. We do have water and sewer after the crews leave, but still try to avoid running the dishwasher or the clothes washer as much as we typically do. And of course, no TM and wet, cold weather.

Sorry to be late in posting this week. I did weigh yesterday morning, but yesterday was a rather difficult day. We had been told that a small section of the new pipe was not flowing correctly and that the subcontrator who did the excavation would be coming back. Their man came yesterday morning early, tried to fix the problem from the inside, but was unable to do so. So what that means is that they are going to be digging in our yard again. Not as extensive this time, but digging. It was pouring rain and very chilly yesterday, so no digging was done. We had hoped to see them today, but got a call this morning that they would not be able to get here today. And it's supposed to rain again tomorrow, so I'm thinking Monday at the earliest. Then the concrete people will have to come to fill in the basement floor. In the meantime, the new LVP is stacked up in my dining room because it has to acclimate to the temp and humidity of the house. And I hate clutter. But anyway, I tried to do some cleaning on the ground floor yesterday after the excavation guy left. We just need a little sense of normal or else it all gets to be too much. So inspite of all that is going on, we are still doing some volunteer work and we are pet sitting for the neighbors this week, too.

And as often happens, just when I am getting ready to feel sorry for myself, I learned that two of my friends have suffered falls in the past couple of days. One fell in a parking lot and broke her hip. The other has a pet sitting business and fell while walking a dog. She tried to catch herself with her hand and ended up with a broken wrist. Honestly. They are taking precious time and attention away from me and my problems! :D

Just got a mayday call from hubby downstairs. I think he's busy working and I have to run to walk Scrappy again. So I'll be back to chat again later. I do think of each of you everyday and wonder how you're doing. Kelly, it's great that you were able to get the house on the market so quickly, but like Sheesh, I do understand how difficult it is to let go of a place you've loved. Big hug.

P.S. Got back just in time to include my 7 day averages before the edit time expires. First time in a long time that my step average has been this low, but I'm often getting most of these doing a You-Tube video. Ughhh

Steps = 9,430
    Stairs = 15 floors
    Kcals burned = 1,630

• SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    Dropped in to see if anyone had posted since Thursday and to chat a bit, if so. But I see that the board has been quiet, and with all that is going on here, it is effing dangerous for me to talk to myself. LOL So I'll just say that I hope that all is well with everyone else. We're still in demo hell.
  • Lastchancelj
    Lastchancelj Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Hoping everyone had a spectacular Easter. Hubby and I did a quick turnaround to cali. Spent time with my daughter and then we drove another hour or so and visited with our aging Auntie and cousins. Glad we did it. BUT, the weather was insane...too much rain. The drive home felt much longer than it actually was. Took yesterday off and didn't want to come into my office space - at all. Sorry.

The software is progressing. Sales has their last training session next week and then they will begin writing contracts using the new software. Hopefully, it goes smoothly.
  • wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Well our house is listed. Bittersweet for sure, but we know it's the right move. I'm just hoping we get some offers. Fingers crossed.

Hope you all had a great Easter! Honestly, we didn't do anything for it. I was at home all week with 2 dogs while the kids were in Mexico and Shawn was working all weekend. I was just cleaning and organizing. Next year hopefully we can enjoy it more if Hubby's shift changes.

Sarah - Ugh man that must be hard to live through all that mess. And it must be really hard to see your yard all ripped up. I feel for you guys. Hopefully you and the hubby aren't getting on each other's nerves too much, with all the stress. That's scary about your friends falling. You take care of yourself! We're having similar weather here where it's icy because of snow melting and I know how difficult it can be to stay upright when walking outdoors. Be careful please!

Lois - Good luck with the transition to your new software. Fingers crossed it goes smoothly! Also, I hate rain too lol