Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
edited April 1 in Social Groups
April showers bring May flowers!!

Replies

• Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Thanks @KateNkognito for the Easter wishes! Hope your family visit was nice too! Kabobs are yummy!!
    We had a nice relaxing day at home and the weather was beautiful! Actually did some yard work and am feeling sore today as a result. LOL I made a simple seafood casserole with scallops and shrimp and it was wonderful!

April is here, so get ready for the April Fools jokes today! LOL

Been on a bit of a cleaning kick. Been going through stuff. Tossed a bunch of magazines that I was behind on. Time to start fresh. Also went through my desk drawers and pitched a bunch of old receipts that we no longer need. Truth be told I was looking for something and saw all of these old receipts I could toss! Found what I was looking for too. Pays to be a pack rat sometimes!!

Hoping for a low key day working remotely from home.

Filled up the bird feeder with a new food we bought at Lowe's over the weekend and so far dead quiet and no birds?! Can't put my finger on it. Put the food in the feeder close to 24 hours ago. Maybe the birds know that rain is coming so they are staying away?

The work week is supposed to be rainy but we'll get through. We always do!

Have a good day and a good week ahead. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Today was a whirlwind! Busy day at school and then my youngest had his first track meet. He wasn't last!
    @Meghan509 I hope your birds come back soon! We always get a big drop off at our feeder after the bugs come out. Glad you had a nice weekend. Accidental productivity is the best! I do that a lot. I put something away or am looking for something and I end up cleaning out a drawer or cabinet. If only I had time to do the whole house...
    I can't believe it is April already! Have a great week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

The rain is on its way here! Bah!

Today's commute in was good. No drama.

Yes, I know what you mean @KateNkognito! All of a sudden I was like "why the heck am I keeping all of these old receipts!?" Duh. LOL

The bird feeder did get some traffic starting yesterday afternoon, but things were still kind of light when I last checked. But, don't you know that those darn birds still managed to crap on my car! LOL

Work is okay. Kind of one of those days where you are waiting around for others to respond or get back to you, so you can do your job. Sigh...

Hope you have a good Tuesday! See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today was long and I was starving all day long.
    I got a call for an interview next Wednesday!
    @Meghan509 I hope everyone got their act together so you could get stuff done.
    Have a good week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!!

Woot! Doing the happy dance for you, @KateNkognito! Keep me posted on the interview!! Great news!

Yes, finally getting some answers today! Commute was rainy but moving. Arrived early. Ate my yummy yogurt parfait for breakfast too!

FYI for Samsung Health users - this app is not supported via My Fitness Pal as of fall of 2022, so at the moment I am unable to sync my steps via my Samsung Galaxy 6 Watch via MFP. :( I find it disappointing that MFP does not support one of the largest phone makers in the world. Sigh...

Anyway, I digress. Trying not to be a negative nelly but hard when it is rainy and windy here AGAIN!

Hope you have a good day today and I will see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 Glad they got back to you. Sorry about the weather. For the watch, try going through Google Fit. It syncs with about everything and will pass your data through from one app to another. The only thing I can't make it do is pass my calorie data to my fasting app. But steps, sleep, etc. all work.
    The children lost their dadgum minds today. I have never had a day where I had to write up so many things. 😧
    Off to have dinner and then veg out. Tomorrow is Friday Eve!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Friday Eve is here!

Thank you so much for the Google Fit information @KateNkognito, much appreciated! I have gone ahead and linked that Google Fit to Samsung Health and hopefully the steps will start showing up! If not, I have found some good info on the web that should help!

Sorry the kiddos were a little crazy yesterday! Hope today is better!

We had a HUGE rain and wind storm come through yesterday and last night. Holy Moly I was hoping the wicked witch would not fly by with her broom! Jeez... Luckily as far as I can tell no damage. Knock on wood.

Hope today is nice to all of us! Have a good day and see you soon. :)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

The breaking news from here is we just experienced a 4.8 magnitude earthquake in the NY tri-state area! I was sitting here at home in Connecticut on my office chair thinking that a huge truck must be driving by since the floor is vibrating but noooo! So creepy! Shortly after I received a bunch of calls, texts, and IM's from friends and colleagues! These types of things don't happen in these parts typically. We are good for a Nor'Easter or snow or rain or a combo but not typically an earthquake! Been a crazy week weather wise with rain and wind and all that fun stuff. Mother Nature is mad! :D

Work is quiet and that's been nice. Just getting a few things done and going with the flow. Our job for an office manager / receptionist was posted and now we wait for someone amazing to come in and help us out!

Relaxing weekend on tap here. Trips to BJ's and Aldi's tomorrow, otherwise that is all that is planned.

Hope you have a good day and a nice weekend. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Yesterday was a long day. Students were good, but my son and a track meet after and we didn't get home until after 10. Good news is, it was his first varsity meet and he got a personal record by 9 seconds!
    Today I am just chugging along until I get to go home.
    @Meghan509 That's wild about the earthquake. As a geologist, I can tell you that super wet weather can set them off sometimes if the pressure has built up. We get them here in the Midwest occasionally.
    Have a great weekend!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Hope you had a relaxing and recharging weekend!

Congrats to your son on the personal record! Nine seconds is amazing @KateNkognito!! :#

Yes, the earthquake was wild! And we had an after shock at around 6:00pm Eastern! We are so not used to this in our area. That is interesting about the pressure building up. Totally makes sense given the crazy rain and wind we had prior. Lots of pressure with those storms I bet.

Around ten years ago we had a small earthquake in the summer and I was in the office for that one. We evacuated from our tall office building (rode the elevators down!) and then stood outside looking up at our building in bewilderment. LOL Found out later that both were not too smart!! :D

Weekend was relaxing but good. Got our shopping done on Saturday and on Sunday we went for a walk! Trying to get back in to the walking thing now at night after work or after dinner. It is good for us. :) Thanks to my new smart watch for giving me the nudge I needed.

Hope you have a good day and a good week ahead! See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today was eclipse day! It didn't happen here until almost the end of the school day. Overall a good start to a short week.
    I am super tired and going to bed soon. Allergies are kicking my behind.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Good, glad the week is off to a good start @KateNkognito!

We were able to watch the eclipse from our yard. We unfortunately did not buy the glasses and didn't have any good way to watch but we made it work. Took a few pics via my phone. The sky was so pretty. :) I will see if I can add a pic here via my phone!

Not much else going on. In the office physically for today through Thursday as usual. Looking forward to Thursday when we have a luncheon to celebrate an early Executive Assistant's Day! The rest of the month is going to be busy, so we will dine out early to accommodate.

Hope you have a great day! See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    So I took my 7th grade class outside today. We're starting ecosystem biodiversity. They did a fantastic job. We were lined up and I was swiping my card to get back in and they all started screaming. Something jumped out of the tall grass and they thought it was a rat. It was a bunny 🐇. One girl accidentally punched the girl next to her in the arm. 🤦‍♀️
    Tomorrow is my interview! Hopefully it goes well and is a good fit.
    @Meghan509 Enjoy your celebration! You are awesome!
    Going to take a nap and then get a few things done that I didn't get to at work.
    Have a great rest of the week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

LOL too funny @KateNkognito! As they say, "No good deed goes unpunished." Hope everybody is okay! Poor little bunny. <3

Good luck and all the best with the interview today! I know you will rock it!

Thanks so much for the kind words! Yesterday a fellow friend and colleague and I both celebrated 15 years with the company! The team gathered and surprised us with a nice celebration and cake yesterday afternoon! So nice that people took a few minutes out of their day to show us some love. <3

Fingers and toes crossed for you for the interview!! Have a good day and see you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Nailed the interview! Won't hear anything for at least a couple of weeks, though. I think I have a pretty good shot at it, unless they need someone that can start sooner.
    Thanks for the well wishes, @Meghan509. That was really nice that you got recognized at work. ❤️
    I am going to bed very early tonight. My lovely old dog woke me up at 2 AM because he was thirsty. I never really got back to sleep. The good news is that Friday is a day off.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

Good! So happy the interview went well @KateNkognito! Fingers and toes crossed for you! Keep me posted! Enjoy your day off tomorrow!

Today we had an early luncheon to celebrate Administrative Professionals Day and it was lovely! Three of us went out and I had the filet mignon and it was amazing! It is nice to work for a company who cares for us and is kind. <3

Quiet day otherwise, which is fine by me. Drinking some water and getting a few small things done.

Hope you have a good day! Monday I put in for a sick day because I have a colonoscopy planned for the morning. Lucky me! No food on Sunday at all... I look at it as a cleanse. LOL

See you soon!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 Good luck with Monday! Glad you had a nice lunch today. It is nice when employers appreciate the employees.
    I am so glad we have a three day weekend! I think I would have taken tomorrow off if it hadn't already been a day off. I need rest after the last couple of weeks. Nothing bad, just super busy.
    My son is going to prom and I am going to work one of the chaperone shifts. His exact words were, "Not that I want you to be at prom, but they said if there aren't more parents, they will have to cancel." And his not-a-date is really cute and he wants to dance with her.
    Have a great Friday!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Thanks @KateNkognito I am gearing up for the no food and that to me is the hardest part, vs. having to drink the "stuff". LOL Will be picking up some chicken broth and some Gatorade. That will help take the edge off. Need to keep hydrated.

Hope you enjoy the day off today! Totally get it that you need a break. You deserve one!

That is so cute about the prom... I am so glad that they won't have to cancel and that you have a good time! The kids are so cute when they get all dressed up. <3 I went to both Junior and Senior proms and they were so fun!!

Have a good day and a nice weekend. Quiet weekend on tap here. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Good day, so far. Just relaxing and doing nothing. My dog is so happy to have me home today. He keeps checking to see if I am still here.
    Have a lovely weekend, @Meghan509!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Off today and home. Colonoscopy went well! Tired but feeling good.

Going to sit outside and get some fresh air this afternoon.

See you soon!!