Living The Lifestyle - Monday 4/8/24

Options
crewahl
crewahl Posts: 3,814 Member
edited April 8 in Social Groups
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Wildcard
Wednesday-misterhub (Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: Eclipse

Are you near the path of totality? Do you have viewing plans?

Bonus question - do you recall Eclipse syrup?

Replies

• misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,204 Member
    Options
    I have meetings during the eclipse. With the predominant viewing area far to the East, we are only going to see a very small percentage of the eclipse anyway. The one a few years ago afforded us a much better viewing experience, which I did view.

I do not recall Eclipse syrup. But, you caused me to look it up, and it is available on Amazon. ;-)

• Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,934 Member
    Options
    I vaguely remember Eclipse syrup. Coffee flavored, I think. Never had it.
    We're off the path, but fairly close. No real plans. Probably watch it on the local TV station.
  • Brian_19
    Brian_19 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    My area is 75% for the eclipse and 100% for cloud cover. Boo!

No special plans, but if the rain stops I'll be outside listening for confused neighborhood owls. I've had fun reading about the hullabaloo in the path of totality locations.

Eclipse Syrup looks amazing. Syrup in coffee?
    xkzu26lago8m.gif
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    We're just off the edge of being able to see totality, but we're not motivated to schlep to see it. We'll watch a solid partial eclipse locally.

I've never heard of Eclipse syrup.
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    We get totality here in the DFW area, but it is cloudy today. I'm more interested/concerned with the severe storms expected tonight.
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    We drove to smack dab totality and have a gorgeous day. We're currently picnicking and debating becoming shadow chasers. 😊

• Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Our skies cleared. We are about half way to totality. Pretty cool.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    We were driving west in late March, and kept seeing these “expect delays!” signs about eclipse day. So what happened? We ended up driving from mid-PA to NH today, roughly parallel to the path of totality. We did leave early to get east as soon as possible, so we’d be further south of the path as totality neared.

It turned out to be the smoothest ride through that segment of the trip that we’ve ever had. We went through Hartford act at 3:30 and Worcester MA at 4:30, and both were a breeze. We were shocked.

The only time the sun was completely blocked from view on the trip was when I turned down the sun visor on the car.

And I grew up drinking Eclipse coffee syrup in milk as a kid. Hmm, liquid sugar and whole milk- does that explain anything?
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,467 Member
    Options
    What eclipse?
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Nope! And Nope!
  • Flintwinch
    Flintwinch Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    The last total eclipse we got to see in the Pacific NW was in 2017.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,861 Member
    Options
    Our local library had an eclipse viewing party on the square in front of the building it included live music popcorn and corn dogs kids and familys playing etc. I would guess at around 400 people. It was a beautiful warm day, and even though we only got to 80% of the eclipse it was fun and cool!
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,934 Member
    Options
    We did watch on TV, and we had a darkening, and a slight drop in temperature, which quickly rebounded. but that was all.