April 3 - April 9

Options
GaGasheesh
GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
LW: 135.4
TW: 135.6

Ugh, Easter. We had a very nice one, and I hope you all did also.

Finally, we have some nice weather! I had a good golf lesson this morning. . . had to work out some bad habits that have crept in. Can't wait to go play, so hopefully the weather holds through the weekend.

Kelly, your house is so beautiful! I'm sure you'll get a lot of interest quickly. Selling a house is a time consuming process. I hope you're getting some "me time". Hope the kids had a blast in Mexico. :)

Sarah, I wonder how the big project is going for you every day. I'm like you that a mess like that really gets to me. . . throws everything off. As with Kelly, I hope you're getting some time for yourself. I've found that's the key to keeping my spirits up. Sometimes, everyday is just not an option for exercise. But, I try to never go for more than one day without promising myself some kind of activity the next day . . even just a short walk. You're so dedicated, I'm sure you already do that.

Lois, sounds like a nice little trip to Cali for you and hubby, and a needed break from the work software, lol! I hope it was great seeing your daughter and relatives. When is your next Disney trip?

So, it's now April!! And I still haven't gotten my goals written down here. I discussed with my trainer, and she thinks a goal of 120 at my age is not realistic. She also flattered me by saying I have more muscle, and it's too low to account for that. So, I'm shooting for 125 lbs. I don't think I can add any more exercise into my schedule. Mostly I want to lose fat in my torso (nothing new there), and if there's a way to exercise differently to achieve that, I just don't know what it is. Therefore, it has to be all about intake. Ladies, do I dare go lower than 1,200 calories? September 4th is 22 weeks from today. If I can lose .5 lbs. per week, that should get me there. That would be 250 calories per day deficit. That's quite a bit for my age and height. So, I've decided that some days I will keep it at about 1,100 calories or even 1,000. Especially on less active days. So, that's my plan.

Replies

• SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    LW: 129.2
    TW: 130.6

Read it and weep! That's what having your life turned upside down can do. We are still in limbo waiting for the re-dig out front, which cannot get done until the darned rain stops. We had one day (last Friday) when it did not rain, but the crew could not make it that day, and of course they don't work weekends. Monday, yesterday, and today, it has poured again, and so we wait. My nerves are really getting frazzeled and I think this increase in weight is largely due to that and to eating differently. We have eaten take-out or restaurant food a number of times because we were just too tired or not in the mood to cook. And of course, there was a big Easter dinner at friends.

Sheesh, I agree that intake is key, and I find that it's hard to know how to log foods that I don't prepare myself. I notice that in the MFP database, there can be huge differences in info given for the same item. And with restaurant food, it's truly a crap shoot because their focus is taste. So if a half a stick of butter will make it taste good . . .

And although I do think intake is key, I don't think I could survive on less than 1200 kcals. Most days, I'm at 1400 to 1500. My saving grace is that I do manage to exercise pretty much every day, although recently, that has been doing videos on You-Tube. I also do my class, but mentioning which, we are having problems getting our facility availability worked out. In summer, there are kiddie camps at almost all of the rec centers, and for some reason, the county is even proposing different days and hours for fall. I just don't know. I am trying not to react too quickly.

Kelly, your house is just beautiful and I'm sure it will sell fast. How is it going with finding something back in your old neighborhood?

Lois, I do think you mentioned going to California, but I forgot about that and was getting worried about you. You are so good about making the effort to see your extended family. Hopefully your work stress will go back to pre-new software levels soon.

Well, mentioning exercise, hubby just asked if I could do that while he's doing a couple of other chores. He's down in the war-zone of a basement taking down some of the super dusty plastic and putting new plastic up. I'm really concerned about my treadmill and the amount of dust that may have gotten into the works despite our best efforts to protect it. And it's a--what do you call it? Things they don't make anymore? Well, it's one of them. But I'm fond of it and don't want to replace it unless I have to.

Have a great week everyone.
  • SarahMaxx
    edited April 4
    Options
    The word was "vintage." I have a vintage TM that I like because it it takes up little space, does not have a high front to look over, and yet it has a wide belt and a strong motor. They just don't make them like that anymore. And I guarantee you that like everything else we buy these days, a new one would not last as long as this old trooper! Planned obsolescence I think they call it.

Well, I'm really back because it hit me last night that I did not put in my 7-day averages for last week. They were:
    Steps = 10,661
    Stairs = 19 floors (I think some of my You-Tube moves are counted as stairs!)
    Kcals burned = 1,713

I feel good about those counts, given the circumstances. However, yesterday I had only 8K steps when I finished that YouTube workout and I never got up the energy to get another 2K. At one point, I thought I might walk around the cul-de-sac a few times as it appeared the rain had stopped, but by the time I got on some warmer clothes and was ready to head out, the rain was coming down again. So I have some making up to do.

Seems like life is just full of glitches lately. Now we are having problems getting the Nats games to record. Hubby was on the phone with Xfinity earlier today and they said they would check some things on their end and call back in an hour. It is now 2-1/2 hours later, and no call back.

Arghhh. Need some baseball to soothe my jangled nerves! :s
  • GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Sarah, I had to giggle at your cute "senior moment" in writing here . . . hubby and I are constantly asking each other "oh, what's his name . . it starts with a D", or "what's the word that means your brain is getting old?" LOL.

I really get that you want to keep the treadmill that never quits! I also have one that's been around since before we moved here in 2006, because I used it at our last house, and we rented for a year, so it has to be the late 1990's or early 2000's. Runs like a charm. The only thing we had to do was replace the belt, and that was mainly because it was worn ugly down the middle. They sure don't make things like that anymore.

I quickly checked your weather before logging on here. It looks like you could have a few cloudy, but dry days. Hurray! Also, I've started following the Giants, and I just wish they could beat the Dodgers more often. Also, our family is doing the NCAA tournament brackets with each other, and a few of us are in an online pool for $$. Hubby's out, I have one team left is all, but Oregon daughter may win it! The family game is separate, and it looks like her husband is ahead thus far. We have a small circulating "trophy", but we also send a prize to first and second place. One year, our DIL did so badly, we sent her a funny consolation prize. She has a great sense of humor, and takes the ribbing well. Anyway, I hope you can get the Nats on so you can enjoy that.

• SarahMaxx
    Options
    Good morning, all. I would say Happy Monday, but I'm not so sure about that on my end. The re-dig is finally be done today and the sounds are unnerving. They are sending these rocket shaped devices through the pipes again at high speed, and it sounds like we're in a war zone. This 3-DAY dig is now entering WEEK 4. Like I've said before, a lot has been due to bad weather. Sheesh, we did get a break in the rain for a few days, but the winds have been still pretty stiff and so a temp of 50 has felt more like high 30's--at least to me. Here in the northwestern 'burbs, we are 4 or 5 degrees cooler than downtown DC and I think we're affected more by the winds. I know all this sounds like springtime weather to you, though. It's all what you're used to. Lois would be wearing her winter coat here and Kelly would have on shorts! :D

I am still struggling with intake. I don't know why I'm suddenly much hungrier than usual unless it's the stress and change in my routine. And oddly, sometimes I actually feel hungrier after I eat than I did before. I'm wondering if that's a blood sugar issue. Anyway, I've gone up about 3 pounds since this pipe problem began in January and it's frustrating. I just hope that once I can walk outside more and my treadmill is available again, I can turn this around. When I wear pants that button and zip, I can tell the difference with just a couple of pounds.

And mentioning pants (and jeans), I find that if I can find pants that were made in Jordan or Egypt, they tend to fit. Pants made in other countries tend to be tight in the waist and loose in the hips and thighs. And now Macy's has discontinued the pants that I've practicallly lived in for a couple of years and both brands of jeans that I've bought from them that actually fit. Unlike my hubby, I don't like to shop for clothing, so I may soon look like a street person.

Hope it's a good start to the week for everyone. Today, we are trying to get the info we need to see if we can get at least some of this inside work covered by insurance. So if you're a praying person--pray!

• Lastchancelj
    Lastchancelj Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Quick check in. Sorry, it's been CRAZY. Sales goes live next week. So hopefully once they truly start using the new software my world will calm down. At least I'm no longer chasing 52 files and options. :)

Weekend was INSANE. Jumped on to double check my taxes and submit this past weekend. I was close to the end when my cousin called. We thought they MIGHT stop by and visit on their way from Carlsbad, CA to TX or AR as they headed to watch the eclipse. He called to let me know he went around us, but.... as he took a different route, they got caught on black ice, slid and ended up tboned by an oncoming car. The rental car is toast, as is the truck that hit them. However, my cousin ended up with a sprained left ankle, and micro fracture on left hand. Since his door was hit broadside, we are thankful that was the extent of his damages, other than some abrasions as well. His 15 yo son was just "achy", but not anything more severe. He needed to be picked up.... 3.5 hour drive from my house and in the mountains (hence the ice and snow). But I first had to pick up my son to go with me, as I don't drive the mountains, let alone ANY ice or snow alone. We got them, and they stayed a couple of days. We watched the 64% eclipse in my back yard before they flew home that afternoon. So thankful they are ok. Cars are replaceable. OH and Sunday, instead of resting, cousin wanted a "tour" mabye go to ASU (45 mins away) and it was bike week (tons and tons of motorcycles). So I drove around our neighborhood. This is Sierra Verde lake...this is the "arrowhead loop". This is where the mall is (arrowhead mall). HAHA.

My weight is going up and I can't seem to handle the Optavia foods. Rips my tummy apart. So I'm struggling. This weekend, hubby and I leave Friday night and we're heading to Disneyland Sat/Sun and come home Sunday afternoon. We've gotta start using our annual passes (haha). My daughter is also going to meet us on Saturday. :) So lots and lots of steps coming.

Sarah, hoping your world settles down sooner rather than later.