APRIL 2024 CHALLENGES -- 04/01 -- 04/30

Options

Replies

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    Wait, Chris, you got hit by a car? How did I miss that!? Not recently, is that why? Or am I blind? Egad! I'm so mad at those drivers!!!

Paula
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,289 Member
    Options
    Paula, it was a looong time ago. I was 16...turned 17 in the hospital. It was back in the day when you could still smoke in the hospital!! Everyone could smoke in my room except me. I had a collapsed lung that needed oxygen treatment, so I couldn't smoke. :/ They also said I wouldn't live past 30 due to all the damage done to my organs! Yeah, where are all those doctors now?? I have some nasty scars and missing organs but, shoot, I'm still here!!
    Today is my total rest day! I'm reading and staying away from grahams!
    Maybe I'll go to the post office tomorrow. The kids are coming over for lunch, I think...
    Chris
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,236 Member
    Options
    Saturday turned into another rest day. 😉
    Back at it Sunday.

Kathy
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    Chris I remember you telling me years ago. When we talked about yours and my dental needs. But I don’t remember you mentioning turning 17 in the hospital. What a crappy birthday. And smoking in your room. Yuch. Medicine has come along ways. I am glad you proved them wrong. I would have missed not meeting you

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    I got over my laziness today and did a full body yoga stretch, a back and chest workout and a short abs workout…it was intense.

I’m as bad as you Paula, I missed that as well. I was like what, when and how did I miss it. Glad it was years ago and you’re okay Chris.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    edited April 8
    Options
    Thanks you guys. Yeah, the smoking thing in the hospital was the best back then!! They told me I could never smoke again or drink alcohol again...bwahahahah!! Boy, that was a silly thing for them to say. I was smoking and drinking within the year. My brother was in the navy and came home from the war with all his buddies...now that was a party!
    I put my shoes on and walked to the post office and back. 5.18 miles in 105 mins. The sun was out but the wind was cold.
    The kids came over and we ordered lunch...hamburgers & french fries. It was okay...not really worth the calories. We'll have to see how that plays out. We played with the boys and I got to visit with Sara a little.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy I ended up not working out today. Went for a movie in the morning. A long one. Then to a friends home. Then shopping. By then I was over the day.

Chris burgers are my favorite. I toast the bun at home. Always leave some of the fries uneaten. Or most even.

Still have not received my replacement top for the aquarium stand. So no progress there.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    edited April 8
    Options
    py8klgxraceq.jpeg

Settling in a bit. Her birthday is Feb 13, 2023

Shell
  • cpanus
    Options
    Such a cute pup, Shelley!!
    Had a 60 min workout w/my trainer this afternoon AFTER Collin Duty this morning where Collin James did NOT want to go down for his nap! I put him in his stroller and we walked around the park. Really windy. He did not want a blank...kept kicking it off...rough morning! Egads, man! :#
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris my friends 2 year old doesn’t want to take naps either. He wakes up the other kids at daycare. You are a saint.

It snowed this weekend. I left my phone in the car after walking the dogs this evening. No wonder it was so quiet. lol. I misplaced a filter holder for one of my tanks. Looked everywhere for it. But where it is! So strange. I have no clue where it could be. Will have to retrace my steps tomorrow again. Even checked the trash

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Monday was a full body stretch and upper body strength workout.

Mom has a cardiology appointment this morning so I will workout this afternoon.

Shelley your new puppy is so cute.

Kathy
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    We took the dogs to a park with more people tonight Asuna does not like other dogs. So I will be getting her a trainer leash. We also heard she barks a lot when we are gone. Little things to work on.

There was a murder outside of the doors to our mall Sunday. 2 juvenile boys, both 15, attacked and killed a 14 year old boy. They ran laughing from the scene. People tried to help him until paramedics arrived but there was nothing that could be done. They are being charged as adults. I don’t think they should ever be able to be free again.

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    What a sweet little pup, Shell!

Sorry for the long absences. My internet is cutting out a lot again recently. I screwed up my diet today. Hoping tomorrow is a new beginning.

paula
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! May have to wait until this weekend to send pictures unless I can squeeze it in. I’m in Toronto this week for work and these days have been very long :-) all good though. I’m here with a bunch of my team members that have traveled in and a team is here. We went bowling last night. Does that count as exercise?

Today a long day of meetings and then we’re going to a hockey game…should Be fun. One more day and then heading home Friday about noon. Do my very best to eat well and drink water. And very light on the cocktails. Haven’t been sleeping so great here so trying to do everything I can :-)

Hope everyone has a great day!

Karen
  • KAR1959
    edited April 10
    Options
    I wasn’t feeling well yesterday after taking mom to her cardiologist appointment so just did a 10 minute arm strength workout on FitOn. It was a tough one but got through it. Fixed a pot of soup which I couldn’t eat but my mom and my bff and her mom did. Leftovers for tomorrow. Then I went to bed.

Shelley so sad. What is happening in this world? It’s frightening.

Kathy
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Shell,

That is so heartbreaking.

Paula
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    https://youtu.be/0UW7QT4XKRI

Thanks everyone.

Above is a link to my getting my 20 year plaque and certificate. I am pretty close to the beginning after the Sheriff speaks.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    edited April 11
    Options
    https://youtu.be/0UW7QT4XKRI

Thanks everyone.

Above is a link to my getting my 20 year plaque and certificate. I am pretty close to the beginning after the Sheriff speaks.

Shelley

I see you Shelley. Congratulations!!!

Kathy

• KAR1959
    Options
    Wednesday was Arms and Thighs which was a body weight Pilates workout. Also a cool down stretch.

Shelley congratulations again on your 20 years of service.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley, Congratulations!! So very cool, my friend!!

I managed Collin Duty this morning then a walk to the post office and back...5.47 miles in 109 mins. It was pretty warm out there. I took an umbrella and used it when the breeze wasn't keeping me cooler!!

We have two doves building a nest in our tree out front. They make a pretty sound when then take off from the tree. They don't fly away when we come outside...they just watch us! However...Collin was freaked out at their cooing sound and the fact they were so close when they landed on the sidewalk when we were out looking at the whirligigs. He did not like them!!
    Tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!
    Chris