Accountable April!

Options

Replies

• magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,765 Member
    edited April 16
    Options
    Did fall back asleep yesterday, thanks!

Hope you had a peaceful night last night.

back to work, Tuesday...

meal prepped four yogurts and four burritos. having a pot luck tomorrow...just bringing my own food.

coffee
    yogurt, berries and grape nuts
    bean burrito
    apple
    seaweed snacks
    steamed broccoli
    ninja pineapple
    I still have not bought any vegan cheese nor frozen "meat" things. So, I am very proud of myself. I do miss my Gardein burgers (the ones that I showed...their original little 130 cal burgers. Taste like off the grill.) I do have blood work again in September and I want to see if the changes I made will IMPROVE my lipid blood panel3ryv4gx94cct.png
    They no longer carry it at Walmart or Sprouts or Whole Foods or anywhere EXCEPT my little NATUAL GROCERS market on the other side of town.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday. wemcw1qiff8x.png

@Marilynsretired we haven't seen you in a long time. How are your doing?
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 970 Member
    edited April 16
    Options
    Good Morning MFP friends. CARLA, WHERE ARE YOU?

I am watching my friends 2 dogs while they are in Grenada! She is bringing back lots of good spices from there! So I have 2 west highland boy terriers and 2 girl schnauzers. They are so fun and giving me lots of exercise as we don’t have a fenced yard on base. Got in 12,000 steps and 5 miles yesterday! I should be in better shape when we got to Finland in12 days.

I too have been struggling as I have been in this 2 lb plateau. Up 2 lbs, down 2-3 lbs. I have 2 more lbs I want to lose but have been irritable, sad, a bit depressed and worried….turning to my old friend chocolate who seems to always be there to comfort me. Having extra dogs 48smj03idmm1.png

is very helpful in distracting me from negative thoughts. Plus dreaming about this new puppy…(.the mom hasn’t even been bred yet so it is a little ovum at this point) has been escaping from reality.

Brooks’ prostate cancer has metastasized to 2 areas: rib and groin per pet choline scan and rising prostate levels. He will be receiving focused beam radiation for 28 days after we come back from Finland. A friend also went through this and continued to have metastasis. He was referred to the Mayo Clinic for chemo under the guidance of an urology-oncologist….one of the best. Brooks put in a request to be referred to him after the radiation treatments. The chemo they use is also used to treat squamous cell oral cancer which is in remission for now. He continues to have monthly oral exams by periodontist and quarterly exams by ENT. That is how seriously they take his type of oral cancer. Nothing has shown up so far. I guess I am starting to ramble.
  • magic71755
    Options
    What a tough road for Brooks...and YOU, Bisky. Continued prayers for both.

• magic71755
    Options
    Birthday for my supervisor today...I am bringing Bitchin Sauce, Guacamole and chips.

Also, my usual...

berries and yogurt
    spinach
    bean burrito
    apple

Up way too early. It's ok I guess...I feel great...no complaints at the moment.

Later.

• Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,896 Member
    Options
    Bisky, that is scary and keeping you and Brooks in my prayers. Having the extra puppers around sounds like a great distraction. *hugs*

Nanc, great idea to take your own food to the potluck.

I really, really want to stay home on Saturday. Nanc got me thinking that I haven't done a Mary's Mini week since I've been going to the grab and go place. I have a bag of potatoes and lots of frozen veggies. I think a week of super simple potatoes and veggies would be good for me and maybe break this plateau.
  • magic71755
    edited April 18
    Options
    Love the Mary's Mini...have fun, M!

today...same as usual

coffee
    bean burrito
    yogurt, berries and grapenuts
    spinach
    cole slaw when I get home
    pineapple ninja

be good to yourself everyone.
  • magic71755
    edited April 19
    Options
    today

coffee
    bean burrito
    yogurt berries and grapenuts
    steamed broc and bitchin sauce
    apple
    pineapple ninja
    TGI wo9d6tg4wn42.png
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Donna, I have you and Brooks in my prayers. I hope Brooks gets transferred to the oncologist he requested. And I hope you guys can enjoy your time in Finland despite everything going on. I am looking forward to stories and pics when you return.

Nanc, everything you've accomplished and they way you've picked yourself up is amazing. Do you mind sharing what inspired you at the start of your journey? What were the first changes you made?

Are things any better at work now that the tax deadline has passed, Mihani? I know you still have other deadlines right after and are always busy, but I'm hoping you are getting some time away from the office now. Take care of you <3

I am on day 3 of smoothies for breakfast, no processed junk, and no eating after dinner. I've been having a lot of headaches and generally just not feeling great, so this is long overdue.

I am sewing some summer pants right now...a medium blue, gauze fabric with white butterflies on it. Yesterday the first part of the pattern I cut out was the front of the pants...and I cut it out upside down. Not enough fabric to re-cut. So, in the front the butterflies will be making a 'bee-line' for the ground! oops lol. Threw me for a loop yesterday but today I can laugh and make my upside down pants.

• magic71755
    Options
    Just dealing with some stuff right now...back in a few days. Carla, I will get back to you...great question.

menu is pretty simple...

coffee
    bean burrito (love this for breakfast, much more than oats)
    yogurt, berries, pineapple, grapenuts
    fries and cole slaw
    ninja creamini

Happy Earth Day!
    yfd2f9h5k9aw.png
  • magic71755
    edited April 23
    Options
    Organizer was here yesterday...ONCE AGAIN, the garage is beautiful and so is the pantry aka as the hall linen closet and extra clothes closet. NO ROOM in my kitchen. Now, to keep it this way.

She comes back in two weeks and we do my office/guest bedroom and any hot spots that need reorganizing.

Got down to 140.6 Now up to 144. The battle continues.

ADMIN DAY tomorrow...we are going out to eat. STEAK HOUSE. Isn't that nice. I checked menu. They have steamed veggies and potatoes. I'm good.

today

coffee
    bean burrito
    yogurt, berries and grapenuts
    spinach
    apple
    ninja pineapple

HAGDE!
  • bisky
    Options
    Woohoo 140! Magic… I love bean burritos or in Texas they call them breakfast tacos. I find when I have a big loss I then go up a few lbs and then drop….I think it is mainly fluid shifts.

In saying that I have been on a plateau for a few months ….up and down same 2-3 lbs. a bit has to do with increased chocolate (my drug of choice), traveling and stress but I did stop logging food and when ever I lose weight I have been tracking! Pointed out by the eating disorder therapist (EDT). 🙄 and she is right. One of the good things about MFP is I can go back and look at periods of time when I was tracking, weighing and effort to drink more water. For now, the EDT suggested instead of cold turkey on chocolate or chocolate substitutes I limit myself to two pieces in the evening. For some reason that helps me mentally. Last night the broccoli, mushroom, green bean, edamame with brown rice was very satisfying for us both. Brooks took the rest to work today. I made him spinach/red pepper egg bites for in the morning. Determined he is going to get BOMBS daily. I realized the only way I can help him other than emotional support is to make tons of effort to make healthy food and have it available.

Carla thank you for your,prayers. I can’t wait to see the butterfly pants. The badger is almost 1/4 done. I only work on it when we watch TV. With all the dog walking, playing and feeding….no time for TV. We started the dogs on Farmer’s Dog food. I wanted to be skeptical of it because it is so expensive. Unfortunately or….really it is a good thing CB aka Mr. Grubby Pants has much more energy lately. I bought a cheap grooming table for small dogs from Amazon. It is easier to groom coats and brush teeth. I follow a Canadian dog groomer on You tube lately that inspired me to spend 5-10 minutes a day brushing dogs. Plus I bought a dog grooming dryer. Mr. Grubby Pants may need a new nickname!

Need more mushroom ideas!
  • bisky
    Options
  • Mihani
    Options
    That must feel great to have everything organized, Nanc! I bet my boss forgot about admin day. He usually does unless I remind him.

Bisky, I have been adding a mushroom extract to my coffee lately. I tried the powders before that and didn't like them much. Kind of overpowering. I don't even notice the liquid extract.

Carla, we're implementing new software this week so no, things haven't calmed down at all post April 15th. That's hilarious about your butterfly fabric. I'm sure they will still look great.

I left work a little early to help my brother with something so I still got home late. Just having a bit of soup and going to bed early. I'm trying to eat more during the day and much lighter at night. Helps me sleep and hopefully will get some response on the scale.

• letsgoplay1
    letsgoplay1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello!

With a week left in April I am prepping to get back into E2L. I've got about 40 pounds to lose according to Dr. Joel. Prepping- meaning stocking up...reviewing..changing meals back to nutritarian.
  • bisky
    Options
    Welcome Letsgoplay! I thinking prepping and meal planning and being proactive are keys to success. I also recognize I need a lot of back up plans such as precut vegetables, frozen vegetables, frozen homemade soups, canned beans, etc. I am working on my last 28 lbs.

Magic- do you make several bean burritos at a time or fresh ones every day?

Mihani - I may look into the mushroom extract. I too tried mushroom powder in Japan and it was different. Did you see the Netflix special on mushrooms?

I made a shallot, mushroom, kidney bean , sun dried tomatoes sauté topped with fresh parsley with brown rice and again the roasted beet + walnuts + blueberries on red butter lettuce with tsp of lemon olive oil and balsamic glaze. I only had one cup of salad and 1/2 cup of the sauté. No sugar cravings after! Tonight left over sauté but substituting cauliflower rice for brown rice.

• magic71755
    Options
    Ugh, wouldn't you know it...I have a funny tummy today. Started yesterday. I think I ate too much cole slaw Monday...in fact, I know I did.

Still taking my usual. And Bisky, I do make four bean burritos as meal prep Monday night for work. It's just ff beans and a tortilla. Usually I use 505 green chili as a topper. Yesterday, I got a bit decadent and used some bitchin sauce.

So today...

coffee
    bean burrito
    yogurt and berries
    dinner out...potato and steamed veg or salad with all the unwanted stuff OFF
    maybe a pineapple ninja when I get home.

Welcome @letsgoplay1 ... hope you stick around and post regularly.

M, are you doing the Mary's Mini? I think I am going to do it one more time before Houston, which is May 15-20.

GTG...be good to yourselves.
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hi letsgoplay! Welcome to the group. Sounds like you have followed ETL before? Are you generally plant based even when not following Dr. F?

Bisky, the stir-fry sounds yum!

Nanc, hope you enjoy the dinner out with co-workers.

Rough day but our new software is up and running so I am going to be working pretty much non-stop tomorrow through the weekend to verify all the data. Fun never ends!
  • magic71755
    Options
    Dinner out was not fun…details later.

My stomach is bothering me again…made an appointment for Monday at 9am

Bloating, burning abdomen and chills.

Crackers
    Rice
    Apple Sauce
    Toast

Bubly

Started Tuesday…so time to see someone.
  • magic71755
    edited April 26
    Options
    Man, I have been unwell so much since having both knees done. Prior to surgeries, after turning plant based, never sick...never. Except Covid. This year, yowzer...since Christmas, it has been one thing after another.

I am having coffee, just because I have a horrible headache, did not have my usual caffeine yesterday, and think it's because of that.

The chills are gone, thankfully. Made a doc appointment for Monday. But I am afraid to eat anything other than what I posted. Sticking to that today, so I can get through work.

The only thing I can think of is that I buy the prepped made cole slaw (no dressing), just cabbage, from Walmart. Those premade salads are notorious for causing food poisoning, so NO MORE PREPPED VEG FROM WALMART.

Going back to my spinach from TJs and buy cabbage whole from Sprouts.

The dinner was at a Steak House. A couple things were said, in a joking manner, about me being vegan. I reacted. Truly, I am sick of the jokes. Especially because now, my heart is deep into it, for the animals.
    I started out looking for a way to eliminate the inflammation in my knees. Now, my reasons are still
    health, but also for the animals.

Later, guys.
  • bisky
    Options
    Magic - there was a spike in Noravirus at the end of February. It is still around and a friend was just diagnosed with it this week. Good for you for sticking up for yourself, your diet and for the animals.

Mihani - I hope the new software makes your life easier in the long run. Glad you have your veggie store for convenience and health.

Carla - are the pants done?

We leave in 2 days to Finland and it is going to be cold! 35-50’s! Packing all the same clothes I wore for the 2 winter trips. Plus hit a winter clothes clearance sale last week at a very cool store called Whole Earth Provisions. They are pricey and have brands such as Patagonia, North Face, Smart wool. Anyways, they had a black long sleeve dress size medium that Brooks bought me. It looked big enough but I didn’t try it on until today as I still think of myself as a 2XX. Great travel dress to wear with leggings.
    Brooks made veggie tacos last night with cabbage and salsa. 😋😋😋😝

The only thing I hate about travel is leaving my dogs behind. Seriously, next puppy will go through puppy class, obedience classes and then service dog training. I know it is taking advantage of the system but as we travel we see so many people with their 🐶 dogs.

B - Coffee protein shake
    L - Roasted beet and walnut salad.
    D- some type of veggie stir fry with brown rice.
    Snacks: mandarin oranges and pistachios

Have a great Friday!