APRIL 2024 CHALLENGES -- 04/01 -- 04/30

Options

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kathy and Chris. I can hardly believe it has been over 20 years now.

Chris Collin is so different from his brother. Ronan I imagine would not have been upset by the doves.

Kathy I will have to see which ones you are done with and do them. Catch me up to you

Shelley
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,291 Member
    Options
    Shelley, yes, Collin is so different than Ronan!
    I walked yesterday and managed to sunburn the top part of my ear!! It hurts! I put aloe on it and that helps but my hearing aid and glasses are a problem.
    Saw my trainer this afternoon for a 60 min workout and just got a text from her that she tested positive for Covid this evening...ugh...I just tested negative. Got my fingers crossed. I have no symptoms...sigh.
    Chris

• zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris I am sorry. I sure hope you don’t get Covid again. You have had more than your share of it

Busy day. Worked. Walked the dogs. Shopping and dinner. It is late now.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,236 Member
    Options
    Friday was a shoulder stretcher and an abs workout. I have to say my left shoulder feels great this morning. I think I needed a break from strength training. Today will be a rest day as I need to do housework.

Chris sending good thoughts your way…no Covid!

Shelley you are such a busy lady. I don’t think you ever rest.

Kathy

• cpanus
    Options
    Thank you, my friends. My two tests were NEGATIVE!!! I'm am okay.
    Got to sleep in this morning! It is raining like crazy outside, so no walking today. Tomorrow I should be able to walk to the post office. We'll just wait and see.
    I'm with you, Kathy, REST DAY...but I am not cleaning house. ;)
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    Made a Raley's order this morning and waited for it to be delivered then I was going to walk, but Sara sent me a story she'd written for this writing competition she's in and asked me to edit it. I did. After we talked about my suggestions, I put on my shoes and went out there! There were plenty of clouds and cold wind. I'm glad I didn't leave my jacket at home... :# When I checked the weather out our front door, there was no wind. It got me when I rounded the first corner!! It was a good walk. 5.40 miles in 105 mins.
    Hope you ladies are having a good Sunday.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    edited April 15
    Options
    Chris I am so happy for you. Negative is what you needed. I think I would like to walk in the rain with a big umbrella. But a rest day with a book is better than cleaning. So what was her story about?

Kathy I am so glad you can't see how much slacking I do. Hope you enjoyed your rest day.

Today I did 2 short strength workouts and a stretch. Then set up a 20 gallon tank for my clown fish . Drained the 65 gallon tank into it. Well some of it. Put some of the sand in it. And rocks. The sand had loads of silt in it. The rock work sat on it for over a decade. Had to drain the new tank to remove most of the silt. Then add more rock. Took the remaining rock outside. I hate letting so many corals die. Mostly mushrooms. But no where to put them.

Will finish cleaning the rest if the sand tomorrow. And the old tank. Hope to move the other tank when I return from Las Vegas in early May. Walked the dogs a mile.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Sunday I did a 10 minute stretch and a 10 minute abs. I think it’s time to get in a little more cardio.

Great week ladies.

Kathy
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Highest Weight - 248
    Ultimate Goal Weight - 148
    April 30 Goal Weight - 168.4

Mar 31 ending week weight - 172.4
    Apr 01 - 172.8
    Apr 08 - 172.0
    Apr 15 - 173.2 😡
    Apr 22 -
    Apr 30 -

Going to add more cardio to my workouts.

Kathy

• cpanus
    edited April 15
    Options
    Shelley, I used to walk in the rain. Saturday was crazy HARD rain and COLD HARD winds. No umbrella would make it!!
    Sara's story was "The Courting Rituals of Wild Beasts ... After her parents' untimely deaths, an English debutante navigates the politics and expectations of high society. A dastardly decision by her uncle changes her life forever." It was funny and very good. She has won first and second place in two of the competitions and Honorable Mention in a third one. We'll see how this one lands.
    My trainer is still sick. Plus, she leaves on Friday for Tennessee to see her Granddaughter. I won't see her again until the 29th. No workout after Collin Duty today. I made soup instead.
    You two are killing your workouts!!
    Shelley, your tanks are a lot of work. Good thing you love all those water creatures!!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    edited April 16
    Options
    Kathy you slacker. Lol :D More cardio you say? We might have to look for strength training with a bit of cardio also. Body weight training ones sometimes do. But getting in some steps would help. You are rocking it.

Chris I remember squatting in the rain once with my 3 boys. They insisted on a walk. Silly pups. We were sheltering in place until the worst passed. Miss them guys. I hope Sara takes first with her story.

I feel bad your trainer is out for a bit. You can work out for awhile on your own. I do really enjoy my tanks. They are relaxing. And entertaining.

Got in a 20 minute strength workout and 10 minute recovery back stretch. Both were good. My side planks were really good today. Hopefully I don’t fall next time. Walked Asuna after work today. She really pulls so I was working with her. I really enjoy walking my dogs. Not them walking me! She is improving.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Monday arms, back and abs workout and a recovery stretch. 10K+ steps. I’m working hard but the scale is not moving,🤷🏽‍♀️ Will not get discouraged. My clothes have loosened and my stomach has decreased.

Chris I have a feeling Colin is your workout. 😉

You and Asuna enjoy your walks.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    edited April 17
    Options
    Kathy, you are so right! The way Collin goes to sleep is in my arms...in Nick's library...shushing machine on shushing him...I am gently rocking and shushing along with the shusher..once he's asleep I go find Pat to help me get onto my side of our bed. He has to help lift my right leg onto the mattress. I can't lift it holding the baby. It's the side I had the hip surgery on. Collin sleeps on me or at my side. Egads, man!! That kid is heavy!!!!
    I did 5.35 miles in 104 mins to the post office and back after Collin Duty this afternoon. It was in the high 70s!!! Beautiful out there. Not sure what tomorrow looks like. We are supposed to drop the Sonata off for service, but I don't know what time.
    My pillow is calling me...night my friends.
    Chris
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Shelly - catching up here and just saw your 20-year celebration! Congratulations that's quite a milestone!

I too I'm so disheartened by all of the violence that unfortunately is all too common. So heartbreaking.

Chris - sounds like COVID has passed your door :-) really glad! I think at this point many people have it but it's just like allergies for some. With all the traveling I do I'm just not interested in putting that mask back on. I only see a few people on the airplanes that wear them at this point.

My trip to Canada last week was super busy. Extremely late nights and early mornings. Didn't really get a chance to exercise at all. I have been back to it a little bit this week though. So unhappy with my weight. Trying to not let bring me down and just focus. Started tracking the food again and trying to really get that high protein in. One step at a time right?

Bella passes driving test on Saturday which was a huge milestone. Took her a little longer than the average bear to get comfortable behind the wheel but she got over the finish line :-)

Karen
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Tuesday: a full body stretch, a Pilates arm bodyweight workout that was surprisingly tough, a 10 minute abs workout and 10k+ steps.

Busy week ahead to trying to fit workouts in where I can. I’m not sure what I will do today other than getting in my steps and maybe a stretch.

Karen welcome back and big congratulations to Bella for passing her drivers test.

Great day ladies.

Kathy
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Just got back from a really nice 30 minute walk before my meeting start here this morning. Always feels so good to get out and move. Trying to remember the feeling :-) sounds like we're going to get rain for like 3 more days so great to see all of the flowers start to peek out :-)

Karen
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Wednesday was a rest day. Mom and I went to get our first mani/pedi for the season. A good way to get her out of the house. She loves getting her nails done.

Getting up to get a quick workout on. Busy weekend coming up.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    Karen, Glad you are home safe and that Bella passed her driving test!!!
    Kathy, you are simply amazing!
    It was a rough day today. Collin was unhappy when he woke up. I don't know why. We did get him giggling about knocking down a rubber block tower that I would make over and over again. I have it ready for him in the morning.
    I didn't walk this afternoon. Maybe tomorrow.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy thanks. Hopefully I will be able to walk her tomorrow evening. She really needs it. You did great with those workouts. I have never had my nails done. I might have to give it a try sometime. Seems like a commitment. Glad it gives your mom such pleasure.

Chris you are a better grandmother than me. Such dedication. I am happy to not hear you developed covid. That would have been a bummer. Collin will get older and easier soon.

Karen so glad Bella has her license. I was 17 when I got mine. I didn’t want to drive. My dad made me learn. I also am enjoying all the new growth around the yards. And thanks. I was really glad to reach that milestone. Keep enjoying those walks.

Tuesday I worked until 8:30. Then last night we looked at vehicles. Not sure I am ready to bite the bullet yet. Today I stood in a 2 hour prelim. It was for the juveniles accused of killing another juvenile. They showed a video taken by another teen. So sad.

I did get in a workout tonight. Strength and a great stretch. Still loving the FitOn

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Shelley - Car shopping is hard! Hoping you find what you want.

I've had a rough week, so really glad it is Friday! I'm working from home today than goodness. I do plan on walking before my 1st meeting at 7:30. Finally no rain!

Been doing well logging my food and slowly seeing the pounds come off..

Highest weight ever: 306 (2013)
    Ultimate goal weight: 165
    4/5 - 186.5
    4/19 - 184
    April goal - 175

Karen