TGIF Cuppa Joe

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 6,920 Member
Good morning BBB! Sip your favorite morning brew and settle in…its time for morning roll-call!

"....keep looking up! That's the secret of life." ~Snoopy 🐾🐾🐾

Replies

• DocSkippy
    Options
    Finally!
    • Tucker in/out/fed/quickly back asleep!
    • Lots to do this morning; to include a haircut sometime in there.
    • DBIL/DSIL coming to town for weekend.
    • Hoping to get the Vette out for a few hours tomorrow to stretch her legs (and my back)!
    • What's everyone else's plans?

Skipper
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,604 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

My plans? Go to work. Then pray for no more rain so that I can get some gardening and yard clean up done this weekend.

BBB OP ;-)
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,471 Member
    Options
    We are an hour and a half from the port. We'll be heading that way soon.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Tell Carrie to make two trips. One to a resale store where they buy what they want from you. Then on to Goodwill to dump what they didn't want. Trying to get rid of things piecemeal is like slowly ripping off a bandaid.

We're pulling up stakes today and headed on to our next stop on the way to Louisville.

Paducah!

What? Yes. Paducah, KY. It's a decent sized city about 3 hours outside of Louisville that isn't Nashville. And realistically, it's only on a road trip like this that there'd ever be a reason to stop there.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

My mother was born in Paducah. Her parents were from Southern Illinois and my grandfather's first teaching job was there. They moved to St. Louis shortly after and stayed there the rest of their lives. Don't think they ever had a reason to go back to Paducah, either.

Have a great trip Dennis.

Sassy woke us at 4, retching on the carpet next to our bed. She swallows stuff that won't stay down: pieces of wood, from sticks she has chewed on; bits of plastic from Tupperware lids she destroys; that sort of thing. Not how I wanted to start my day. It can only go up from here.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,471 Member
    Options
    As a graduate of Southern Illinois University I've been through Paducah numerous times. They're known for awesome tractor pulls.
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    Poor Sassy! Hope she's feeling better soon!

DW found a woman's shelter/organization to take most of the shoes (my god the shoes/boots) and blazers/jackets from the DMIL collection.

• kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,112 Member
    Options
    I personally think an alarm should be made that sounds like a dog puking. Nothing gets you moving so quickly. Ha.

Tonight is the moose lodge with friends.
    Tomorrow is dinner at the country club followed by the philharmonic.

Today, tomorrow and Sunday is mulching. We got 150 bags. Ha.