APRIL 2024 CHALLENGES -- 04/01 -- 04/30

Options

Replies

• KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,236 Member
    Options
    Thursday was a full body stretch and an amazing dumbbell arms workouts. Only 10 minutes but intense. Then mom and I went to the nail shop. The ladies there dote over my mom and she loves it.

We have two family events this weekend. One Friday and one Sunday. I’ll probably get in workouts Friday morning and maybe Saturday. I love the FitOn short intense workouts. They allow me to not be able to use the “I don’t have time excuse” as much. 🤣

Have a great weekend ladies!

Kathy
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,289 Member
    edited April 20
    Options
    Shelley, I'm sure I told you ladies I am a manicurist...right? Well, I still have my license but I don't do nails any more. Never did toe nails... :# ...can't do feet, but I did fingernails. We used acrylic back in the day. I'm sure it's changed a lot since then. I learned to air brush different designs on the nails. That was the most fun! I would pick up Sara and Nick from school, bring them back to the shop and they would do their homework while I did nails! :)
    Yesterday was rough for me, and I did nothing after the boys went home. Collin has another cold and is stuffy and runny. Ronan is much better. SIL has it now. So far Pat and I have not gotten this one. Got my fingers crossed.
    Today I managed 5.30 miles in 110 mins to Laural Park and back.
    It's Friday!!! Have a great weekend, my friends.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    Katen I hope you got that walk in. Yes car shopping is a pain. I would like something sleek, leather, hybrid and under 40k. Yep asking to much.

Kathy so true about these short intense workouts. And the stretching is divine. Have fun this weekend with all your events.

Chris you did. I wish you could do my nails. Never have had them done before.

Worked and looked at some Fords. Undecided still.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Friday I got in a 25 minute stretch and 10 minute core workout before my day got busy.

Mom and I didn’t get home until right before midnight. Thankfully we rode with my sister and niece. The party was so much fun. Mom really enjoyed herself and won a prize during the raffle…a photo shoot. I’m more excited than her. My niece the makeup artist is coming with us to her photography friend to do her makeup and help “style” her.

Chris run fast from the germs and keep yourself and your husband well, hope the boys recover fast.

Shelley keep shopping until you find a car with everything that you want at the right price. Is that possible at today’s prices?

Resting today to get ready for a two hour drive to the Georgia mountains for the vow renewal ceremony tomorrow. Do you really renew vows after 5 years? 🤷🏽‍♀️

Kathy
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    Shelley,

Congratulations on your twenty year award. How exciting!

Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley, I'd do your nail and never charge you!!!
    Kathy, I don't want to get sick again. I'm glad we didn't get it this time.
    Okay...I didn't walk today. No mail!!! Total rest day! I'll go out tomorrow. Maybe to Laural Park again. Or the Ruins. We'll see.
    Enjoy your day, ladies.
    Chris
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Today was truly a rest day.

Kathy
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy I am glad your mom won the photo shoot. You will have to jump in some with her. Memories being made. Hmm, vow renewal. Personal choice I guess. Didn’t like the way you did it the first time. Or liked it so much that you want a repeat? Married is married. But I love an excuse to get together. Enjoy it for the gathering and excuse to dress up some

Thanks Paula. I am done with work after this December. Just want to garden and sleep in. Lol

Chris what did we do before we knew ahead of time what mail was coming? Just checked it. The park will be a nice change.

Worked out today. 18 minute body weight strength workout and a 10 minute cool down. Found a used Honda I liked. Still under warranty. And a nice red color with leather seats. Perfect. Won’t break the bank either

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley, So glad you found a car that makes you happy. And it's RED!!!! And...are you retiring in December? Is that what that sentence means?
    I managed 6.31 miles in 130 mins to the Ruins and around to the Garden Shop...it has a new owner...that has hundreds and hundreds of trees now. I don't know how they plan to sell all those trees. The path to get there is overgrown now and a bit hard to navigate. We used to walk it all the time. There are still squirrels and lizards running around. One squirrel ran right in front of me. I almost stepped on the little furry guy!!!
    My trainer is in Tennessee visiting family this week, so no workouts for me MWF!!! Maybe walking instead...maybe...
    Chris

• KAR1959
    Options
    Highest Weight - 248
    Ultimate Goal Weight - 148
    April 30 Goal Weight - 168.4

Mar 31 ending week weight - 172.4
    Apr 01 - 172.8
    Apr 08 - 172.0
    Apr 15 - 173.2 😡
    Apr 22 - 171.6
    Apr 30 -

Kathy

• KAR1959
    Options
    Monday was Total Arms strength training, a 15 mins core and ended the night with a 10 minute stretch.

I’m going to try to get to th gym one day this week if I can find the time. I want to strength train on the machines to see if FitOn has made me stronger and get in cardio on either the treadmill or elliptical.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    Nice going, Kathy!!
    After we had Collin Duty this morning, I cleaned house for our housekeeper. Ronan is here now playing w/Grandpa before doing homework. He is eating all the kettle corn that I mix with my regular popcorn. Just picking out the tasty kernels!!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris you always make me laugh. Cleaning for the house keeper. And yes, I have decided I want to retire the end of the year. I love trees. I hope the garden shop can sell them.

Kathy it will be nice to hear how you do on those machines now. Kick their inanimate *kitten*! Lol

I was so exhausted today. I didn’t even enjoy my strength workout. I did the stretch. Rocky said I was grumpy

Sleep now.
    Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Tuesday - total body stretch and awesome arms and abs. 10k steps.

Today - a 13 minute full body stretch. Taking a much needed break from the dumbbells and strength training. Hope to hit 10k steps again.

When you don’t enjoy your workout it’s time to take a break. My form is horrible when I’m not enjoying it so a waste of time. We’re all pretty consistent so we all should be fine with a day or two off.

Kathy

• PaulaKro
    Options
    Shelley,

So great you can retire this year. It's wonderful!

Paula
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Retirement is wonderful. Lounging around the house, listening to music/TV, playing with kitties, hanging with friends, reading, doing puzzles, etc. - it's blissful. Especially with sun instead of rain.

So I tend not to go out until it becomes necessary, like running out of food. Currently I'm subsisting on turkey jerky, protein shakes and canned stuff. But no veggies, sob...

However, bare cupboards are great for diets! I'm down to 238# - that's heading in the right direction from the bounces to 250#. And my head and gut are in a happy place. So shopping without cravings feels exciting.

Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley, I might walk by the garden shop again tomorrow, and I'll see if I can get a good picture for you.
    Our Housekeeper is great. I love her. She's been with us 11 years...she started before our furniture was moved in!!! She'll do all our windows and screens twice a year and cleans out our refrigerator when it needs it. We do pay her extra for those chores and it's worth it.
    Pat decided picking up the groceries at Raley's is better than having them delivered...we'll see how long that lasts.
    I'm making soup right now. I planned to walk, but I don't think it's going to work out. I'll do it for sure tomorrow after Collin is picked up.
    Must go stir the soup.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy I was just too tired to workout. Just lack of sleep. Better today. I don’t mind a rest from weightlifting. But usually my schedule picks my ‘rest days’ for me. Yesterday was almost a waste for sure. I need to get in more steps. You are doing great

Paula I want to do puzzles. Glad to hear you are heading in the right direction. We had sunshine also. Love that stuff.

Chris I didn’t take you for letting others pick out your groceries. I hear it can save you money. I like shopping. I am like a kid. I want to look at everything. Lol

DND after work and a quick strength workout. It was fun until my daughter said she put in for a job in Coos Bay Oregon. Sad.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley, I don't like someone else picking my groceries. Covid messed with us and now with Collin we are trying to be extra careful...but that doesn't seem to be working, does it, since we've had it about three times recently. I might just start going in again.
    We picked up the Sonata yesterday. They fixed the air conditioner!! I have to take it on Wednesday to see my trainer at noon because Pat picks up Ronan at 1:00. The Sonata doesn't have kid seats in it like the Santa Fe. Now, if I could only get both cars to the car wash. :D
    I'm going to walk after Collin is picked up today. Got to.
    Chris
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Today was a totally wasted day for me. Tomorrow we have my great nephew’s graduation from the police academy. It’s a 2 hour drive to get there and then the return.

I doubt if I’ll get a workout in.

Kathy