Monthly Post for April 2024

Options
2»

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Back at work and in the office today. It was nice having a day off yesterday, even if it was for medical stuff. LOL

Sunday night pretty much s*cked with being up late and then having to be up REALLY early for the appointment on Monday morning, but it was nice to be home and relaxing after. Took a nap in the morning!

We ended up having a BEAUTIFUL day yesterday which was nice. Sunny, warm, and all of that fun stuff. Was able to spend some time outside on the patio in the afternoon under the umbrella.

Hope your week is off to a good start @KateNkognito!

Have a good day and see you soon. :)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Hope your week is going well, @KateNkognito!

Spring is still here for the time being. Currently sunny and in the low 50's F here, but some rain is coming later. Weekend should be nice though!

We have a lot of people in town from other offices this week, and I am liking it. Good to see other colleagues that you normally don't. Today we have a lunch with the team and I am looking forward to it.

Pretty much it from here. Have a good day and see you soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning,

Rainy crappy day here but otherwise can't complain. Work is not too crazy and the weekend should be decent.

Hope you are having a good week. See you soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Me thinks @KateNkognito has had a very busy week this week! Hope all is okay in your neck of the woods. :)

Productive Friday here. Getting stuff done.

Headed out to the grocery store during lunch time today to beat the rush.

Going to rain tonight in to the morning tomorrow, otherwise the weekend looks good.

Lots of activity on the bird feeder out my window today!! The doves are holding court down below, waiting for whatever falls. :)

Hope you have a good Friday and a good weekend. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Well, this week COMPLETELY got away from me! Sorry! It was a good start on Monday. I got to play with dogs! After that, it all just went by in a blur! My youngest did really well at his track meet yesterday. 😊 Students were pretty good, overall. Today my "naughty" class was super great because I bribed them with... baby carrots. Yup. They go crazy for a baby carrot. And a couple of slim Jims that I happened to have.
    Job front is looking promising. I should hear something next week.
    @Meghan509, glad the colonoscopy went well and you had a nice day Monday. Sorry I was MIA! I love when the doves are in our yard. They are probably my favorite birds.
    Have a great weekend!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Awww, no problem @KateNkognito! Totally understand!

LOLOL about the baby carrots! Who knew! Good, sending positive thoughts and vibes your way for the job news.

Thanks! Yes, for the colonoscopy the doctor found a small polyp but he was not overly concerned about it. Called the next day to say it was benign. Phew! Five more years for me. Grateful.

Those crazy birds that we have at the entire bird feeder's worth of food so now they have to wait. LOL They are so pretty though and very calming to see them outside while I work. :)

Weekend was another nice and relaxing one. Got all the laundry done yesterday. Just need to put it away tonight.

Working remotely today and then in the office my usual days this week - Tuesday through Thursday.

Have a good day and a good week ahead!!

• KateNkognito
    Options
    This week is off to a good start. Hopefully it keeps up the good work.
    I washed and folded ALL my laundry this weekend! Major accomplishment, considering I hadn't done any in over two weeks. 😯
    I started a My Fitness Pal program to focus on getting more protein. So far, so good. Feeling fuller and fewer carbs crashes.

@Meghan509 Glad it was a nice weekend! And that's fantastic news that it was benign!
    Have a great week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Things are good here. 59 degrees F and sunny out!

That's great @KateNkognito did you sign up for MFP premium or is that included? LOL on the laundry! My goal is to get it done on Sunday and all put away by Monday night so I am not running around like an idiot on Tuesday morning. LOL

Enjoying a quiet moment here while everybody is either traveling, remote, or in a meeting. Ahhhh...

Had one person come in an interview for the Office Manager / Receptionist position today and she was really nice. Next up is another candidate tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed that we find someone good!

Hope you have a good day! See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Well, the minor sinus thing I had turned into a not so minor chest thing. I have lots of leave saved up, so I wrote sub plans and I am taking tomorrow off.
    @Meghan509 I signed up for MFP premium. The plans are pretty useful and I like tracking specific things as I focus on them (sugar, protein, etc.). Glad you have good weather and a bit of quiet time. Hopefully you find someone perfect for the new position!
    Back to bed for me. Have a great rest of the week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Ugh, sorry you came down with an illness @KateNkognito! But, I am glad that you get to have a day to relax today. :)

Good to know about Premium. When I get my crap together I might do it because I really like the scan and add feature a lot and was bummed when they put it under the pay wall.

Yes, today we had another great candidate who would also make a nice addition to our team! So hard, so hard. We shall see what the others say. :)

Another day here where it is less crazy and pretty quiet. I like it.

Hope you have a good day and you start to feel a little better!

See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Well, after 24 hours of rest, I am feeling better! And I heard that it was a good day to be gone. Apparently the full moon is still making them crazy.
    Going to have an early dinner and then go to bed.
  • Meghan509
    edited April 26
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

Glad you are feeling better @KateNkognito! Ahh the full moon! LOL

Maybe that is what is going on here! Been crazy on and off for the past two days. Looking forward to being home tomorrow where I can hide behind my computer and ignore people easier, if they are being annoying. LOL

Looking forward to the weekend and then looking forward to next week when we travel down to Florida to see my my Mom and celebrate her 80th birthday on Saturday, May 4!

I will be taking Thursday, May 2 to Tuesday, May 7 as vacation days. :)

Hope you are having a good day and those yucky germs are on the way out!

Have a good one and see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 Happy Birthday to your mom! May the 4th be with her!
    I am feeling better today. It was a pretty good day. Except when it rained and the children briefly turned into gremlins. Otherwise a good day.
    Have a great Friday! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Thanks @KateNkognito! LOL Love that. Just realized I made a mistake in my last post and Mom turns 80, not 89! LOL I will fix.

Glad you are feeling better and were back at school! Darn rain LOL.

My Mom called yesterday just as I was getting home from work and she is super excited for us to come down! BF has not seen her since Christmas of 2022, so definitely been a while for him. Last year was pretty much a *kitten* show with my Step Dad passing in January and my Dad passing in May. UGH. Today we are one month away from my Dad's passing. Sheesh, that went by fast.

Working from home today and about to head out and get the grocery shopping done during lunch. Low key weekend on tap again. Planning to get packing done for FL so we are set for Thursday departure.

Looking forward to some time off. Been a long winter here!

Hope you have a great weekend. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    LOL @Meghan509! Whatever the number, happy birthday to your mom! Enjoy your time off with her!
    Not a bad day today. Students did presentations. They are all so nervous about it!
    Have a great weekend!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

LOL thanks @KateNkognito! Hope you had a great weekend.

We had a really nice one here with relaxation and nice weather! Sat outside in the front yard for a change yesterday afternoon, while BF enjoyed a cigar. We saw some really amazing birds on the bird feeder! I will post a pic of the Woodpecker for you to see!

Three work days (two in office) and then it's vacation time. Can't wait. My sister and her family are coming to drive over from the west coast of Florida to see us on Sunday, May 5. Will be good to see everybody!

Pulled some summer clothes out of the basement this weekend. Got my bathing suit, cover up, flip flops, etc. Just need to make sure we remember the SPF!

Have a good day and see you soon! Hope the week ahead is a good one for all. :)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Here's the woodpecker!!

l57twbwdf1k5.jpg
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Have a day here. Sigh... Keep waking up at 3:00am and not falling back to sleep again for what feels like forever. Then the alarm goes off and then I feel dead tired. :( Picked up a supplement on Amazon that is supposed to help you sleep. We shall see. Sorry for any guys, but pretty sure it is menopause symptoms.

Work is busy. Had another candidate come in this morning to interview for the open office manager / receptionist position and another one coming this afternoon. We shall see!

Hope you have a good week. Almost time for vacation for me. <3
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Crazy couple of days. 🫤 Can't believe tomorrow is May! Kids are starting to get a little antsy about summer. Either excited to get out of school and losing it, or dreading getting out of school and losing it.
    @Meghan509 Glad you had a nice weekend! What a lovely woodpecker! I hope tomorrow goes quickly. Safe travels!
    Going to bed early tonight. I am just tired.