April 17-23, 2024

SarahMaxx
SarahMaxx Posts: 1,971 Member
edited April 18 in Social Groups
LW: 130.6
TW: 130.4

Well, not much luck in getting back below 130. I seem to keep bouncing between where I was yesterday (I did weigh yesterday, but had problems getting into MFP) and about a pound above that.

Mentioning technical issues, yesterday morning, I could only get into some parts of MFP and when I tried to access the Fitbit dashboard on my laptop, all I got was the header at the top and a blank page. Finally, things were fixed with MFP, but I thought I’d wait for the issues with Fitbit to resolve so I would have my 7-day averages. I checked the community page and saw that lots of people are having this problem, and I’ve done everything people suggested as a fix. But so far, nothing has worked. My Fitbit dashboard is still blank today. I can access some data on the Fitbit app on my cell phone, but it doesn’t give me the 7-day averages. I grabbed a calculator and quickly did the average for steps (10,657), but couldn’t find the stairs data on my phone, and to get kcals, I will need to hand average on MFP, which I haven’t done yet. Technology is wonderful until it is not.

As I walked this week, I realized that I tend to set goals without really establishing solid plans for how to achieve those goals. I think maybe I need to reach back to my old proposal development skills and approach things a little differently. Right now, my life is so disorganized I’m not sure how to get started with this, but my hope is to start to focusing more on the how and less on the what, if that makes sense.

Kelly, the housing market seems to be crazy everywhere. Because we do not have a bedroom and full bath on the ground floor, we look every now and then to see if it would make sense to sell this house and move into something that will be safer as we age. And so far, all we see are homes that are over-priced or priced okay but in need of thousands of dollars’ worth of renovations. One issue we have with our current neighborhood is that many of the HOA restrictions that were in force when we bought have been relaxed or are still in place but not enforced. And so a lot of what we liked about this community is changing. It’s a conundrum. But it sounds like you and Shawn made a good decision and I hope the loan consolidation goes through smoothly.

Well, I have several things to do related to the pipe project, including paying the last $19K to the plumbers and trying to get hold of our insurance rep. He sent us an email Friday, I responded Monday and asked for a couple of dates/times he could get with us to talk about what the plumbers found as they completed the work, and it has been radio silence.

Sheesh and Lois, looking forward to hearing about your fun weekends. I will check back soon.

Replies

• wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 689 Member
    Sarah - I can't believe you've been dealing with all of this since the beginning of January! I would be going bonkers. On the bright side, at least it's not happening throughout your entire summer.. hopefully. I'm sure you're completely stressed and I hope you're finding a way to cope.
    And yes, the market is crazy everywhere and it's not super consistent.

Lois - I hope you had fun at Disneyland with the hubby! Lots of steps I'm sure.

Sheesh - Sounds like your days have been fun and packed as well! Glad you're getting nice weather. We sure aren't... it's snowing today lol It was all melted and it was nice out, but then boom. Typical April for us though I guess. Sure makes for a gloomy mood.

I'm exhausted and I can't seem to shake it. Late nights with hockey and early mornings for work are tough, but I keep telling myself it won't always be this way and to enjoy the kids in sports while I can. Our daughter is in a tournament this weekend so it'll be another late night tonight. I'm sure I'll sleep well though.

I had my appointment with my doctor yesterday and again, he didn't have my allergy bloodwork or urine test results *insert eyeroll here* I have ANOTHER appointment scheduled for the 29th in hopes he'll have them then. For now, he really does think it's some sort of allergy, so he prescribed me an epipen, just in case.

My goals... I've been trying to think of something simple to get me going. I'd like to try and just get back to getting my 10k steps per day, so I'm going try that starting tomorrow. After getting home late and not falling asleep until after 1130pm, then waking up at 5am, I just couldn't do it this morning and tonight I have to hit the ground running when I get home again because Ella has another game.

Have a good weekend all!
  • GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,127 Member
    edited April 20
    LW: 135.2
    TW: 135.2

No progress, but I'm honestly surprised there wasn't a weight increase. I'm sorry it's taken me until Sat to post! Lordy, what a busy week I've had. Our Oregon daughter was in town last Thurs to Sun, and we hit the ground running with her 14 year old wanting to shop, go out for manicure, hot tub, etc. My daughter here and her 2 year old and 4 month old were coming and going, and I was mostly watching kids and catching up with my girls! They sure wear me out, but then Monday morning was my trainer, Tuesday cleaned the house, Wed golf lesson, play dates, family zoom, Thurs trainer again. On Friday our son in Cali was getting his furniture installed (finally!) in his renovated house. He was texting me a lot of questions regarding the design and the designers. Hubby had a migraine, and I didn't even get a walk. Today, we went to lunch with all my siblings and their spouses. It had been a really long time since we've seen them, especially one of my brothers and his wife. We're all getting older of course, and a lot of health issues all around. I felt lucky comparatively. All are retired now except my youngest brother and his husband. Being retired will be good for our relationships . . I hope. We talked, avoiding sensitive subjects, and all was well.

Kelly, your decision was a tough call, but I think the right one. It's really hard right now to find houses that aren't outrageously priced, and then there's the interest rates now! My daughter here is having a hard time also. They're leasing a nice house, and praying they will eventually be able to find something. Also, I wanted to mention about your eye, have you been checked for cellulitis? My 14 yo granddaughter had that in her eyes. It's pretty rare, but she has to watch careflully for it coming back. You have to get an antibiotic for it.

Sarah, I'm so glad the plumbers are finally finished! What an ordeal. I'm sure your yard is your next priority, but don't forget about taking care of you.

Lois, can't wait to hear about your trip.

Got to go.

• Lastchancelj
    Lastchancelj Posts: 1,340 Member
    OH man. So I tried a couple of times to log in, but we've been having internet connection issues for the past couple of weeks. And the past few days it's been worse. Saturday I went and got a new router. Worked for three hours and then stopped again. Went out again this morning, and I spent another hour on the phone this morning and we have a tech coming in tomorrow morning.

Disneyland was so much fun. We ate all sorts of things (food and wine festival) and we walked 10 miles. Oh man, I hurt so bad that night. I had not walked prior to the trip. Did not have time to do anything, or energy after work, with getting the new software up and running. Must get some walking in prior to our Memorial Day weekend trip so I can survive.

This past Saturday Rhea and her parents came by in the late afternoon. Of course, Rhea wanted to swim. And while the daytime temps are 90's, the evening is nice and cool so the pool is still COLD. Rhea still asked to swim. I said I wasn't watching her, but Grandpa said he would. So into her swimsuit and out the door she ran. She swam for over an hour. She did have one jump where she couldn't get herself oriented, so Grandpa jumped in and got her where she needed to be. And that jump, well, he hurt his foot of course. Our pool is a 3'-5'-3'. And he jumped in the shallow end. We went to urgent care yesterday - and no break...thank God. Bruised the fascia, but that's all. So Advil, ice and rest for a few days.

Kelly, Sarah - I'm with you. The housing market is insane right now. Sarah - thankful that we do have the den and a bathroom downstairs. So we won't have to move as we age. We did get to test that theory over the past couple of years. And my kids are happy, as they each told me they really don't want us to sell the house. They're going to have to figure out who buys out who. lol.

Sarah hoping your pipework and repairs are almost complete.

Kelly, like you, I've been exhausted. And I'm not sure why I can't seem to catch up on my rest. I've been going to bed at a reasonable time, but then restless sleep all night. Just tired overall. And travelling to Dland probably doesn't help...driving 12 hours round trip in a 48 hour period. Whew.