April 24 - May 1, 2024

Options
wiredkell
wiredkell Posts: 676 Member
edited April 24 in Social Groups
Thought I'd get to writing bright and early so I don't run out of time today.
I'm working from home today and tomorrow we're off to Calgary on the bus for our daughter's hockey tournament. We leave at 630am and don't arrive until 8pm-ish. LONG day sitting with not much activity.

It's bright and sunny here today, which is a nice change to the weather we've been having. My mood sure brightens with nice weather.

I missed my 10k step goal yesterday. I haven't been sleeping well and haven't been able to catch up on my sleep, so waking up in the early morning before work hasn't happened. The weekend we were busy running from rink to rink, so it wasn't a problem then. Monday I don't work, so I got out for a long walk with the pup and even though I didn't get my step goal yesterday, I did manage to take the pup for a walk after work, which is crazy since I was exhausted and still had a hockey game to go to afterwards.

Sheesh - You asked about my eye and I have had it looked at by an eye doctor, so it's not that. I got a call yesterday that I have a follow up appointment with my allergist on May 6, so maybe she'll tell me something there? Who knows.

Anywho, off to get something done work wise. Chat next week.

PS - Can't believe I just typed May 1... That's my Dad's 75th birthday :) He sure is a tough guy. I can't remember if I told you but he's in the earlier stages of Parkinson's. He's still mobile and talks, but can't seem to keep any weight on his body because of the shaking. Pills help, but not always. I sure do love him.

Replies

• Lastchancelj
    Lastchancelj Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Kelly - I also need to get my steps in again. With the software conversion, I had been so mentally tired, that it made me physically exhausted as well. Now that it's plodding along, I need to make myself a priority again and get out walking. We're in the 90's already so I need to get up a wee bit earlier and hit the sidewalk before connecting with my laptop. I truly felt the lack of walking on the last trip to Disneyland. And we're heading there again for Memorial Day Weekend, FOUR day so walking so I need to get my tushy moving along. Thanks for the nudge.

Happy Birthday Kelly's Dad!!!

I'm just a gaining over here. I can't seem to tolerate the Optavia bars and shakes anymore. They give me the runs and gas so absolutely horrible if I have more than two in a day. And no, I haven't done anything more to find an alternative nor meal plan. Though Black Angus Steakhouse was running a bogo. So I did get two 6oz sirloins with green beans and salad. So I ordered that twice and had 3 meals from each order (hubby doesn't like steak and the chicken wasn't on bogo so he wanted something else). Anyhow, I have the remainder of that for linner this afternoon. So some decent protein and they gave lots of green beans so I was able to spread those out. Other than that...not very well behaved with intake. Nor activity, except at Disneyland. hahah. OK busy workday... check back later.

• GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    LW: 135.2
    TW: 135.0

Well, that's a bit of a reduction. I really wish I was able to reduce faster, but I guess slow and steady (STEADY being the key word) is best.

Kelly, enjoy your trip to Calgary and your daughter's tournament. Sounds like fun. I've been to Calgary and through Calgary a few times. You're only about 13 hours away from me there . . . come for a visit! :D Glad that your eye swelling isn't cellulitis, and I really hope your allergist has some answers for you May 6. Good work getting some walking done. Have a fun trip. And, happy birthday to your Dad on May 1st!

Lois, glad you're safely back from your Disneyland weekend. Sorry about your hubby's foot, but it's good he was there to get Rhea safe. I hope your work settles down now that the software is up and running.

I've had an active week so far with my trainer, a round of golf, and today a golf lesson and practice (irons again). Trainer again on Thursday, but I feel like I need more walking and stretching. I'm going to add some along with drinking more water to see if I can get more weight reduction.

Have to run now, I'll check back tomorrow.

• SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
    edited April 25
    Options
    LW: 130.4
    TW: 129.8

Yea! A little improvement. :)

Sorry to be the last one to post. It has been very busy day. In fact, it's after midnight, and I'm just now able to get a few minutes at my desk to log food and check in here.

So I'm just going to add my 7-day averages for steps and kcals and I'll be back tomorrow (I hope) to chat. I'm not including stairs this week because I'm walking outside some days, and Fitbit counts some of my hills as stairs.

Steps = 10,657
    Kcals burned = 1,731

I will say that it was very nice to have your posts to read at the end of this crazy day. <3 But I have to get up early tomorrow because of class, so good night, all.

• SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    Well, obviously, I did not make it back yesterday. It was another day where I only got to my desk for a few minutes to log food and check email. I have been dealing with getting all the paid receipts from the various vendors and getting those to Travelers. It's pretty clear that they will not cover much of our expenses, but after submitting final photos and documentation, we hope they may at least cover the flooring in the basement. And the company that installed the LVP has the world's worst payment portal. It literally took many days and many phone calls to finally get a receipt showing the final paid price. Thankfully, they at least did a good job.

And while doing that, I received a call from Costco about the letter I finally sent regarding my accident with the cart mover. They asked me to go to the store and file an incident report, and then they sent that and my letter to their risk management firm. A rep from that firm to get more info and she asked for some documentation. Hopefully that means they may reimburse me my costs above insurance for that injury. It's not a lot, but it would help.

I've also been dealing with stuff related to my Bonebuilders class. Judy, my co-leader, is still working and thought she had an agreement with her client that she could flex her hours (she teleworks) to attend our class on Tuesdays and Thursdays. But they started booking meetings so close to the end time for our class that her nerves began to get the best of her. So we asked the county to find another co-leader for Thursdays. (We are required to have two certified leaders in all classes.) They finally found someone, but suffice it to say that this person is a real piece of work, and I'm not sure that is going to work out. So I've been taking over a greater share of the work than I had been doing with just Judy. In addition to class, we also have a good bit of paperwork to do each month.

Add to all this, I'm also doing other volunteer work. I realized that if all I do is work here at the house trying to get things back to normal, I will get cranky and resentful. And we're trying to visit our neighbor who was moved to assisted living and also find time to get together with friends, even if it's just for an hour over a cup of coffee. And now that spring is showing her face, we are thinking about getting flowers and herbs planted, hanging baskets bought, etc. We cannot do anything much with our front yard now because the fill dirt needs to settle. We've been told it's best to let it winter over, as the freezing and thawing and the rain will help ensure that we don't get sunk in places. The excavators sewed it with grass, so it is green now, but it's lumpy as all get out, and the tree and bushes and flowers beds are gone. Oh well. We went from the prettiest yard on the street to the ugliest, but it's temporary.

Kelly, I have been thinking about you and hoping that you get some clarity about your eye. My co-leader Judy is also experiencing some problems with one eye, and I remembered the other day that I also had issues with only one eye a few years ago. It was when I was working and I changed my work profile picture to "Bill the Cat" for a couple of weeks. (If you don't remember, google him!) I cannot remember what they finally decided was the cause, but it did clear up with no lasting effects. Hope the same for you.

Sheesh and Lois, it sounds like you are both keeping busy. Lois, I hope your hubby's foot heals quickly so you can both enjoy your next trip to DL.

But back to the topic at hand--my weight went up about a pound overnight! I am still dealing with more hunger than normal and feeling very tired after I eat. I think I may ask my doc if that indicates something new with my blood surgar levels. I do know that I'm still not getting as much protein as I should and that fat and sugar are too high. I have struggled with this for quite some time. As I've mentioned before, with all our stress with this costly, messy repair, it is hard to not tell myself that I deserve that cookie or those chips when we finally get to settle in for the evening. I know that one thing that would help is upping my activity level, but that seems hard now, too. Yesterday, I was walking one of my hilly routes and it hit me that I was not walking with much zip. So I told myself, even if you don't feel it, act as if. And so that's my new mantra for this week. Act as if!

Hope everyone gets some time for fun and rest this weekend.