APRIL 2024 CHALLENGES -- 04/01 -- 04/30

Options
1235»

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,859 Member
    Options
    Kathy the graduation will be worth a second day off. You have to support family. And not everyone can say they have been to a police graduation . And I doubt today was a total waste.

Chris time to go back to shopping. What an adventure it will be.

I was in a jury trial all day. Possession of meth. Nasty stuff. Found guilty. Hardly got in any steps today. Turned it into a rest day. And took some photos today.
    vzyav8j1z3if.jpeg
    [img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/qt/i wmpdfde5cqj.jpeg[/img]
    qhynm9yw86y0.jpeg
    n70pnxprvi50.jpeg
    I just love spring

Shelley

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,297 Member
    Options
    Beautiful, Shelley!!
    I did nothing after Collin was picked up. I have no excuse. Oh, well...maybe...it's too windy out there!! 22mph out of the west and 68 degrees. I'll go out tomorrow when it's 8 mph WNW.
    I'm going with the boys to drop off Ronan then Pat and I will go by Nick's niche. Need to check his flowers and his super heroes.
    Going to read now.
    Chris
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,239 Member
    Options
    I actually got up at 5:00 and worked out before we went to the police graduation. My great nephew was so happy to see us…especially his great grandmother. You were right Shelley it was a very nice ceremony. Your flowers are beautiful.

A great stretch that really worked the hips and lower back and a Blazing Guns a great total arms and shoulders workout. Tomorrow mom and pop have a brunch and that will be it for our social engagements. Mom seems to be enjoying getting out.

Kathy
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris we have awful wind here. I don’t like being outside during it. I hope you had a peaceful visit to Nick’s niche. Hugs

Kathy I loved having people come to my graduation. I have gone to several. One was in Denver CO. That was huge. Even showed a video of the cadets on a huge screen.

I did the same stretch Kathy did. It was great. Also did weight training. Work was nonstop. Remind me to retire at the end of the year ladies.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    I am so exhausted. Will exercise in the morning. Mom and I enjoyed the brunch. Here’s a picture.

ifyxa4xccwl1.jpeg

• cpanus
    edited April 27
    Options
    Pretty picture, Kathy.
    Shelley, thank you for the hugs but I'll have to save them. We didn't end up taking Ronan home...the kids came and got him then went to visit friends for the evening. We had Bean for the night. Our plan was to take him home and go by Nick's niche but that didn't happen either. The kids were out and about and came and got him.
    Got to sleep in this morning!! I like 7:30 a lot better than 5:30. Drank coffee, ate toast w/pb, had some milk w/toast, read for a minute or two then put my walking shoes on and went out there!! 5.40 miles in 106 mins to the Ruins and back.
    I'm going to read now.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy love the photo. I rarely dress up. Does sparkly pockets on my jeans count?

Chris I love sleeping in on weekends. Glad you were able to and still get in your walk. There is an elderly lady who walks her small dog daily. I see her on my way to work. Been watching for her for years. Sadly she told Rocky that it is a different dog. Her first was attacked and killed by a dog on one of her walks. I need spray for my walks when I retire. That or one of them stun canes.

Well my aquarium is on the patio. I and Rocky carried it out there. The steps were treacherous. Getting to old to carry large tanks. 91s693gy5l67.jpeg
    Fixed some holes in the wall where the tank was. Then hunted and destroyed weeds. Annihilating them darn grape hyacinths I planted years ago. Tomorrow I will workout and them paint another wall.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    The the week started today. Did a 15 minute stretch with emphasis on the lower back then a 25 minute arms/abs cardio workout.

Chris I was finally able to sleep in this morning. Last week was very busy. Got up and worked out. Now doing Mom’s laundry. My sister and niece invited us to dinner so no cooking today.

Shelley sparkly always counts. I decided that I needed to dress up whenever I can because I’m always in sweats, workout clothes or lounge wear.

Kathy
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,687 Member
    Options
    Shelley,

You sent us iris bulb many years ago, right? All my potted irises made it to the new house during the landslide <3 but have been sitting in the shade. I moved them to the sunny deck last fall and this spring there is one bud.

I'll try to remember pictures when it blooms.
    :flowerforyou:
    Paula
  • KAR1959
    Options
    PaulaKro wrote: »
    Shelley,

You sent us iris bulb many years ago, right? All my potted irises made it to the new house during the landslide <3 but have been sitting in the shade. I moved them to the sunny deck last fall and this spring there is one bud.

I'll try to remember pictures when it blooms.
    :flowerforyou:
    Paula

Hi Paula. Hope you’re well. I have one of those Iris bulbs. It didn’t bloom this year. I usually have purple flowers every year. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Kathy
  • cpanus
    edited April 29
    Options
    Did I tell you ladies that we have doves nesting in our maple tree out front? I don't know where they are in the egg laying process, but one of them is sitting in the nest all the time!! So cool. The hummingbirds are not happy about it because they've lost their tree, but I'm hoping they'll be back when the little doves take flight. We'll see.
    I've done absolutely nothing today except read! What a nice Sunday it is!!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    :) Chris doves are tasty. Just saying. 😂 I haven’t read in days. I miss it. Delightful day you had there

Kathy I wear, uniform, jeans and exercise clothing. I need sparkly also. Soon

Paula I am amazed they are alive in a pot. I look forward to seeing it bloom. I did some weeding this weekend. I am still trying to eradicate those darn grape hyacinths I planted 20 years ago. Then decided I didn’t want them. I worked at getting some out of the irises.

Exercised this morning. Did the same stretching as Kathy. Then a back and upper body workout. It was great. Even managed the side planks. Walked the dogs. Had my daughter and granddaughter over.

Night all,
    Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,687 Member
    Options
    Highest Weight - 317
    Ultimate Goal Weight - 138
    April 30 Goal Weight - 240

Mar 31 ending week weight - 239
    Apr 01 - 239
    Apr 08 - 238
    Apr 17 - 248
    Apr 22 - 246
    Apr 29 - 237

I'm doing sitting leg lifts and arm lifts which are small things... and the fact that it tires my muscles is proof of how out of shape I am. But baby steps are always a good start, with hope each time that it develops into a healthy habit.

Paula

• cpanus
    Options
    SHELLEY!!! You have eaten doves before? Wow! Never thought of that. We raised pigeons when I was a little kid...don't know if we ate them or not. Our neighbor did not like them. They had an above-ground pool and guess where the birds perched... :p
    We had Collin Duty this morning then I had my trainer for a 60 min workout!!! My trainer had caught another round of covid and when she was negative, they went to Tenn to see their Granddaughter for a week.
    Ronan has pink eye...poor kid. Man, it's awful. I used to get it as a kid, too. Eye glue! Pete kept him home today and probably tomorrow.
    Going to drink coffee, eat popcorn and read now.
    Chris
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Highest Weight - 248
    Ultimate Goal Weight - 148
    April 30 Goal Weight - 168.4

Mar 31 ending week weight - 172.4
    Apr 01 - 172.8
    Apr 08 - 172.0
    Apr 15 - 173.2 😡
    Apr 22 - 171.6
    Apr 30 - 171.0

Didn’t reach goal but I will take the small loss after the busy month.

Kathy

• KAR1959
    Options
    Today was a short stretch, an Upper Body Back and arms and a Core Workout along with 30 minutes on the recumbent.

Kathy
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I messed up my post Monday. I had it all typed out. And fell asleep for a moment with my finger on the delete button. Deleted everything. Then last night I forgot to even post. I am a wreck!

Shelley