• tfelts147
    tfelts147 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 - not sure if you saw this from Saturday:

Username : tfelts147
    Checkin day: Thursday
    PW: 228.2
    CW: 234.8

Sorry for the late checkin...I was on a cruise and didn't have access to a scale... and my gain shows it!!

Up quite a bit but we had a good time... now time to put the work back in!!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    My name is Jennifer and I’m a single 50 year old. I have an American Blue rabbit (her name is Kismet). I have 3 children in their 20s – oldest is my son, Marcus (granddaughter Sophie just turned 1), then my daughter Sydney (grandson Oliver is 2 1/2 months), and my youngest daughter Hunter (grandson Byron is almost 11 months & due with baby girl Brayden on 6/10/24). I love to rubber stamp (I’m a Stampin’ Up demo) and make cards. I'm an active member of my church, and also love horror movies. I have worked in Community Development at my County for 19 years.

I have always been a yo-yo dieter, but mainly up. When I lose weight, I can never seem to keep it off for longer than a year. Currently I am down 22 pounds and have 43 pounds to go. I recommitted myself to eating whole, unprocessed foods about 90% of the time. I’m giving myself a little (10%) wiggle room for things like pasta and tortillas. I’ve also been soda-free for 128 days now.

I am surprised that I’ve been managing to continue losing weight during this high stress season in my life. My youngest daughter and grandson are living with me (read last months’ posts for all the tea) while I work full time Monday through Friday during the day and watch my 2 ½ month old grandson Wednesday through Sunday from the time I get home from my actual job until about 11pm. I am physically and emotionally exhausted, but I’m managing. And I see my therapist on a regular basis, so that’s helping a lot. I keep reminding myself that all this is temporary. Syd will find alternative day care. Hunter, Byron and Brayden will eventually get their own place. And Kismet and I will go back to our quiet existence in the evenings…for the most part LOL.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Alison, if you're using the app on a android phone, click on your profile picture, and you will see "Bookmarks " as one of the choices. Click Bookmarks, and it will show everything you have bookmarked. Click on the one you want to view, and it will take you to the next post written since you last visited that topic. I hope that explanation helps!
    -Mica
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,634 Member
    Options
    @tfelts147 I had put your weight in but think I tagged you, sorry about that it was already in the old spreadsheet. Glad you had a great time on the cruise!

WEIGH-IN UPDATE
    WEIGH-INS NEEDED NOW
    : @AustinRuadhain @Jactop @reshii_devi
    REMINDER FOR TOMORROW TO THE FOLLOWING: @FushiaKat @TeresaW2024
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @bark2j5 Glad you're here Alison! That's real cool the “50 looks good on me” thanks to your determination and strength is now over 50lbs DOWN looks good on you!

@vegan4lyfe2012 You've been holding up real well with all the chaos right now. I know the time with the grand kids is amazing!

@Veta2018 Congratulations at 50lbs down and hitting maintenance, woohoo! I'm excited for you doing the 5K, yes you CAN do it!

@trooworld Thanks! I love the artwork I know I said that yesterday! I saw an ad for this store on Instagram, I think you, @TeresaW2024 , and I need to go! https://www.thepurplestore.com/ Sounds like a fun day for the most part, how is your BIL doing? Dinner sounds incredible!

@TeresaW2024 I'm so happy to hear the injection helped that much, yay!

@Cornanda ROFL what the heck on the Spanish?! I kept laughing at work today working on labels when it kept putting everything I typed in the wrong place, I've gotten good at laughing when I'm frustrated instead of yelling. MFP is so consistently frustrating if it wasn't for the social part of it I'd have left a long time ago.

@megnolia82 I don't normally comment on people's weigh-ins but WOW! Sounds like the higher fiber items are still hard? I'm glad to hear you're doing so much better that's great news. You got this a couple cups of Chicago mix won't stop you!

@txcritter69 Sounds to me all the remodeling is great exercise. I'm curious to hear what you choose for a May goal.

@sleepygirl79 Great news on the heart test! Do they have any other ideas? I know good results is also frustrating if there's no answer.

@AyaTheTyga I'm glad you're back! You're up to date now thanks!

@Veta2018 @tammymccrady6278 @vegan4lyfe2012 Congratulations team winners!

Way to go Mission Slimpossibles with so many in the green!

@Veta2018 @tammymccrady6278 @AyaTheTyga Great job for April top winners!

@Artemis_2024 I'd love to see pics of where you live! I'm glad the application is done, those things can take a long time! LOL too funny about falling asleep, I started my coffee and went back to my room to take my medication and came out and coffee was all over the counter and floor, I was hoping the same thing about it not being how this week will go!

@AyaTheTyga @ninyagwa Way to go on 70lbs down!

@littlebabekitty @laurelfit57 Great job being down 30lbs!

@AmbersWay I'm glad you kept checking in too, it's made a big difference for me to be accepted here no matter how off track I am which I think keeps me from giving up. Sappy Mom posts are always accepted, I'm curious to hear how your son enjoys his volunteer hours.

Hi friends! Love seeing all the posts it took almost 2 hours to catch up today! I went to the farm for an hour then work. I thought I was getting a bladder infection and was having a back flareup but it was bad enough last night I figured out my kidney stone moved. It was feeling better when I woke up and at my lunch I called the advise nurse with my insurance as I can't get into my doctor for a few weeks. She felt I should go to the ER but I had another hour to do at work so I went back and had kept feeling better so hopefully it's not something to worry about now. There's a chance the nutrition's helping it but I don't know a lot about stones so I'm just drinking a lot of cranberry juice and water. I have some stuff to do for the charity after this and I'm getting in a bath before bed. The news is coming out to the clinic Friday to interview us, I'm not a fan of being on camera but am happy they'll be getting some attention. Have a great Tuesday!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited April 30
    Options
    Welp, I had a busy week, with end of semesters and hosting two parties. Low on exercise and high on aa bunch of the wrong foods for me. Welp. Back to work! Hurray for having a group that's here for the long haul. (Maybe some is salt? Whatever!)

Monday Weigh-in @Katmary71
    AustinRuadhain
    SW 223.1
    PW: 208.3
    CW: 212.1

Today was better. Onwards!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Chicago mix popcorn -
    It’s a bag with caramel and cheddar popcorn mixed together. It’s too easy to binge so I have to keep it out of the house :)

@reshii_devi hugs for your disappointment. I know the feeling. Just don’t get discouraged. You’ve got this and the next week will be better!

I stayed under goal calories today but I made pasta with spinach and ricotta and I think I need something a little lighter from now on.

Have a good night!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Sad realization about the pasta :( I woke up feeling bloated and sluggish. Yet hungry lol. I’ll steer clear of pasta for dinner and see how I feel tomorrow.

Have a good one today!

This morning’s tea: coffee pu’erh. Smells and tastes like coffee, which I need today! It was tough to get up hahaha
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    30-Apr Username:TeresaW2024
    Weigh in week:  Week 1
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    SW (1.1.24) : 252.0
    PW: 250.5
    CW: 248.0
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,978 Member
    Options
    @Veta2018 You got this! That's awesome you will do a 5K.

@AmbersWay Congrats on the loss! Good for you for getting "back on the wagon". You should be very proud of your kids!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Well done, Jennifer! You are doing great, especially considering what you are going through. <3 Thanks!

@bark2j5 Nice to "meet" you! Oh I can relate to not liking myself in pictures. They can be a real wake-up call! Congrats on your weight loss progress!

@Katmary71 Oooh I saw that ad on Instagram, too, and I thought the same thing! LOL My BIL is the same/stable, not worse, so that's good. I wouldn't say he's doing well, but not worse. Thanks for asking. Dinner was good! I hope your back/kidney area feels better today.

@reshii_devi I'm so sorry you had a bad week and felt out of control. Hugs.

@AustinRuadhain Yes, I bet some is salt, you were eating foods you normally don't. Onwards!

Hi all. I had a pretty good day as far as food goes yesterday. I stuck to my eating plan, didn't make any unplanned trips to the cafe or vending machines at work, and I drank enough water. Tracking was on point with the EXCEPTION of eating some ice cream. I didn't track it. I have to turn in my food log for the week next Monday and I didn't want the dietician to see that I had eaten ice cream. If I were working with her longterm and not trying to qualify for surgery, I would have tracked it. We had Indian butter chicken from Sam's Club last night. It was actually very good. We made green beans to go with it.

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, had 90 oz of water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 Yikes, I hope you don’t have to go to the ER. Kidney stones are very painful, from my understanding. I hope you keep feeling better. <3 That is great that the clinic is being recognized.

@megnolia82 Yeah pasta does the same thing for me. Have you tried Spaghetti squash? Not the same as possible by any stretch but it is a nice substitute for holding all the goodies you would put on pasta. :)

@trooworld How long do you need to keep seeing and submitting your food log before the dietician approves the surgery? So the butter chicken was all ready-made? I need to find that at my Sam's Club! :)

Good morning! I’m happy to have had a decent loss this week. It just shows that if you try even a little, it can happen. :D Today, I’m going to snuggle my friend's new baby girl, go to the office, and then make an Aldi run. Sunday, the church is having a Mexican-themed potluck, and I’m making a taco pizza using crescent roll dough. We will have a contest for the best dish, and I want to win!! :D Have a great day!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    WEEKLY QUESTION

What are you grateful for having in your neighborhood, city, or country?
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited April 30
    Options
    WEEKLY QUESTION

I'm grateful for the immediate neighborhood. I live in a 55+ community. There's very little traffic, and it's safe to walk at any time of day or night. And we have an email network, and share information about contractors and other needed services.
    In my town, I'm grateful for the Children's Museum, the Woodman, the Community Trail, and the many parks and cemeteries where I can walk or bicycle.
    In my state, New Hampshire, I'm grateful to be near the ocean, the lakes, and the mountains. I'm grateful for having four seasons.
    -Mica
  • Divya365
    Divya365 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @Veta2018 @tammymccrady6278 @AyaTheTyga for making it onto the leaderboard!!!

Introduction - Hello All! I'm Divya, 36 years old from Atlanta. I live with my Husband, 2 kids (a 9-year-old son and a 3-year-old daughter), and our 6-month-old puppy named Leo. The pandemic was quite a stressful period for me and I ended up gaining a lot of weight during that time. This year, I aim to reduce my weight and reach my maintenance weight of 110- 115 lbs. So far I have reduced 22 lbs and I still have 30 lbs to go. I work as a corporate accountant and the first 2 weeks of the month is a busy time for me to close the books. I usually try to stay on track during this time but I sometimes fall off the wagon.

WEEKLY QUESTION

I'm grateful for our community which has many families with kids of the same age as my kids and they all play together and learn about each other's cultures. I'm grateful for having parks and trails within walking distance so we can take Leo out for a walk.