Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MAY 2024

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,109 Member
zimchnwqsgq1.png
Here is your Team chat room for May 2024. This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land here any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows - contact them any time!

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @Megan_smartiepants1970 and open
Mission Slimpossible - @Katmary71 and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86 and soon to be @lauren_989
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @NachDeezy
Mission Slimpossibles - @19shmoo69
Weight No More - @rachelrjh and @BodyTalking
WaistAways - @MaddawgMadsen
Shape Shifters - @LaurieWrobo and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The May challenge runs for five weeks, from April 28 - June 1.

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win, and may everyone else get to work on next week!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every single week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard. In March we are aiming for every team to hit 50% green every week - let's do this!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or can be moved to the Support Team for as long as you need. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love :heart: Introduce or re-introduce yourselves right away, and let's get May underway!

Replies

• Artemis_2024
    Artemis_2024 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm Artemis_2024. I grew up in the U.S. but I've lived in Switzerland for the last 14 years or so with my lovely husband and daughter.

Like a lot of you, I've struggled with my weight for much of my life. After becoming obese in my early 20's I managed to keep my BMI under 25 for years with constant effort and attention. Just before the pandemic I started a new degree program and the pounds have been creeping on. This is particularly annoying because I just completed said degree. . . in nutrition! Anyway, now I'm committed to getting my BMI back under 25 before my metabolism slows any more.

I'm vegan, and I love to cook, bake, and jog very slowly. I look forward to participating in this community. I'm also severely technologically challenged, so I apologize in advance for all the times I will post something in the wrong place, etc.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Hi @Artemis_2024!

Where do you live in Switzerland? I worked in Adelboden for 4 months back… yikes, 20 years ago!

I’m Meg, and I’ve been in F2F for several years now. I’ll give you a quick timeline of my journey since it’s been awhile:

TLDR: life happened. Got obese. Working on it. :)

Childhood/teen: always stocky

University: slimmed down to a fantastic, active and healthy body.

Adulthood: fluctuated from healthy to overweight amidst work, moves, children

35+: I injured my ankle in 2018 which halted my regular biking and hiking. At the same time I got a period that lasted every day for a whole year. I got no answers and no help so I got cranky, depressed, bloated.. all the fun PMS symptoms without any relief. Finally got an iud and got that kind of sorted out. In the meantime I also got carpel tunnel which I had surgery for so for about a year of symptoms and recovery I was unable to do any weight bearing with my right arm (I had been doing weight loss videos since my ankle was no good, lots of pushups and things).

After all that, covid hit. Working from home with 2 kids… I started baking, and drinking, and eating, and drinking.

Post-covid I had entered obesity. Ankle still bad. 5 years on anti-inflammatories at this point and I got a really bad chest infection. Had anti-biotics and then I ended up with c. Difficile. It’s a bacterial infection of the gut. It messed up my eating for more than a year. I had a recurrence. I actually lost a lot of weight when it started but in recovery I just ate more and more of what I could tolerate but did little exercise because of the fatigue.

Which brings me to now. Phew. I’m off the painkillers because they are a c diff risk factor. And my ankle is so much better than it has been for years. My last bout of c diff was September so I am still on the mend.

At the moment I’m walking on a track or treadmill several times a week. I am now tracking my calories religiously. I know I can get myself to a healthy weight where I look and feel good again.

I know this works. I know exactly what I need to do, and I know all of you play a role in my success so thank you for showing up, and for your support.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,928 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! A big welcome to the new team members, and welcome back to the returning members, I am so glad you are here!

I am one of your Mission Slimpossibles captains along with the fabulous @Katmary71! Our motivator is the hilarious and insightful @19shmoo69!

CHECK-IN PROCESS
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

CHANGES TO YOUR WEIGH-IN DAY/WEIGHTS
    If you have any changes to your weigh-in day or reported weights, be sure to tag @Katmary71 who handles all of that stuff. She also handles moving people to cheerleader status/or other status changes.

LET'S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER
    Please share a little bit about you: your name, where you live, and what brought you to the Fat2Fit Challenge Group. Also share anything else you would like to, including any goals for the year. We are here to support and cheer you as you go through your weight loss adventure!

MY INTRODUCTION
    Hi everyone. My name is Chris. I live in Southern California with my husband, cute one-eyed pirate pug named Daisy (8 yrs old) and pug pup name Violet who is going to be 2 yrs old in June. Up until my mid-20s, I was a healthy weight but then the mid-20s hit and along with that came medications that made me gain weight as well as poor lifestyle choices. For exercise, I like to walk with my husband and friends, however I have been suffering with both plantar fasciitis and heel fat pad syndrome since last fall and it’s really painful to walk.

I have about 65 lbs to lose. My hobbies: reading, making artwork and crafts, photography, and cooking. I do straight-up calorie counting of healthy foods with MFP Premium.
    Now, it's your turn! Tell us about YOU!
  • trooworld
    Options
    2poho261fd9h.png
    I invite you to join me on a quest for a NO ZERO DAYS 2024! What is No Zero Days? There are 4 simple ideas behind this:

There are no more zero days. A zero day is when you don’t do anything towards your goals. But that doesn’t mean you have to go full-throttle on your goals each day, no, just do something small if you have to, do a single push-up, walk to the mailbox, drink one less soda…anything not to report a zero day. Do one thing to make your life better each day.

Be grateful to the 3 YOUs: the past you, the present you, and the future you! Be GRATEFUL to the past you for the positive things you’ve done. Did you do that push-up yesterday? THANK YOU YOUNGER ME. Second part of the 3 me’s is you gotta do your future self a favor, just like you would for your best friend. Tired and can’t get off reddit/videogames/interwebs? This one’s for future me, i’m gonna rock out p90x Ab Ripper X for 17 minutes. I’m doing this one for future me. Alarm clock goes off and bed is too comfy? This one’s for my best friend, the future me. I’m up and going for a 5 km run (or 25 meter run, it’s gotta be non zero). MAKE SURE YOU THANK YOUR OLD SELF for rocking out at the end of every.single.thing. that makes your life better. The cycle of doing something for someone else (future you) and thanking someone for the good in your life (past you) is key to building gratitude and productivity.

FORGIVE YOURSELF. Tried your best to have a nonzero day yesterday and it failed? so what. I forgive you previous self. I forgive you. But today? Today is a nonzero masterpiece to the best of my ability for future self.

Exercise and books: exercise is self-explanatory but the books, read a self-improvement book…reading gets you to the next level!

Here’s more detailed information and where I got the above info:
    https://meganeholstein.com/the-no-zero-days-productivity-mindset-might-change-your-life/
  • trooworld
    edited April 27
    Options
    @Veta2018 I love filet! And it's the best choice as far as calories go, too. That's interesting about the sodium, I'll keep that in mind!

@Artemis_2024 Welcome to the team! Glad you are here.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I love autumn too! It will be here before you know it. ;) Congrats on the NSV, that's a neat one!

@ninyagwa Congrats on the loss!

@19shmoo69 Your daughter is beautiful and I love the dress! Thanks for sharing.

@Divya365 Thanks! And that dinner was good, one of the best I've ever had. That's a good idea to plant the scraps. I did sleep better, yes, sleep is so important! I love the smell of soil on a rainy hot day, too. I'm glad you aren't hurting anymore.

@Katmary71 I do, too. Dinner was really good. Yeah, I think it was the sodium. I'm glad your neck feels great, that's awesome!

@tammymccrady6872 Congrats, Tammy! You are doing awesome.

@TeresaW2024 Oh man, was it fantastic. I didn't expect to like caviar but was pleasantly surprised! Thanks.

Hi all. This weekend is an unusually busy weekend, it started on Thursday with that dinner, then last night we went to see the opera "Madama Butterfly", today we are going to Little Italy for an art festival and lunch, and tomorrow I am meeting a friend for coffee. We left the opera at intermission: I was just too tired from only sleeping 4 hours the night before. We came home and I went straight to bed. I feel better today. Before the opera, we ate at a restaurant. I ordered a shrimp Caesar salad. It was really good.

No Zero Days: Ordered the salad at dinner instead of a burger and fries.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Teresa! I’m a ministry assistant for my small church, caregiver to my much older husband, who has dementia and other health issues, support manager to my crazy family, and dog mom to Maggie Mae, my 8-year-old Cavapoo. Weight loss has been a lifelong struggle. But no matter what, I will never quit striving to reach my goals. Right now, my diet is trying to watch portion sizes and eat more protein than carbs. For exercise, I love weight lifting, but after damaging the tendons in my hand, I have switched to rebounding (jumping on a mini trampoline), and I love it so much that even when I can get back to lifting weights, rebounding will continue to be a part of my workout. It is the best cardio there is! :D

Happy Saturday! I have a bunch of house stuff to do today, along with doing our pill containers. I do them for two weeks, and with Joe taking pills four times a day, it's a pain! I was excited yesterday that after jumping on the rebounder for a few weeks, I could take off the handlebar, giving me much more freedom to move. Joe asked what happens if I get unbalanced, and I said, "I guess I fall off." He wasn't happy with that answer. :D Dinner tonight will be my curry chicken salad stuffed into a low carb spinach wrap. I'm excited!! :)
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,026 Member
    edited April 27
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm Mica, and I'm in my GOAL ZONE of 127-133 (center weight 130). I just turned 68 years old in April. I work 3 days a week as a bookkeeper in a plastics factory. I live in New Hampshire with my boyfriend Rich and my cat Earl (Earl is my profile picture). My favorite year round exercise is walking outdoors. I have a Walk The Year goal of 2024 miles, and I'm currently on-track with just over 670 miles to date. My favorite seasonal exercise is riding my bicycle outdoors. I started riding for 2024 in April, but I've only had a couple of good rides so far. and my goal for the year is 1500 miles. I weighed in today on the April Chat, but I'll post it here again.

Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 128.2
    CW: 127.2

Still within my goal range. Need to get back to my center weight of 130.

-Mica
    4ca6hwzushep.jpg
    Me and Rich, April 15th.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,108 Member
    Options
    The May Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Apr 28th. Please join us for Challenge Bingo and challenge yourself in many different ways this week (nutrition, fitness, self-care, water intake, etc.) Hope to see you in the chat thread!

Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10914437/may-week-1-group-challenge-challenge-bingo#latest

Jessica
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,591 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Kathy, I co-captain with the amazing @trooworld. Mission Slimpossibles motivator is my friend @19shmoo69 . I'm 52 and live in the Sacramento area in California with my two cats. I just realized I joined this team 5 years ago not 6 but feels like it's been part of my life even longer and I love the family we've made here. I just started a new job at the holistic clinic I've been going to for the last few years and it's wiping me out a bit. I also file claims a few hours a week. I volunteer at the food bank farm and am on the board of a local charity as secretary and am active in our garden club and my HOA. You can usually find me in my garden, with my nose in a book, or doing the above. I also love going to gardening events, rock concerts, craft fairs, and farmer's markets. I've been disabled most of my life and am currently trying nutrition and micro current to help CRPS pain and spinal issues. My exercise is chair cardio and weights/resistance bands and stretching. I'm following a plan with a nutritionist for eating and healing right now which is pretty strict.

WEIGH IN INFO: I log everyone's weigh-ins and weigh-in information is posted every day with when it's due and reminders to weigh in the next day. If you need to change the day or if you're unable to weigh in like if you're on vacation and no scale is around or you're having surgery I can log it on a different day or we can skip it for the week. Please don't pass on weighing in because it was a bad week, we have been and will all be there at one time or another and no one is judging you. It takes longer to report to the spreadsheet operator so I'd appreciate it if it's only used when you REALLY can't weigh in so I can have a few minutes between being on here and bed to read and unwind myself. Thank you, let's have an awesome May!
  • Katmary71
    Options
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @Artemis_2024 Welcome! I look forward to talking nutrition, cooking, and baking with you, I'm glad you're here! LOL on technologically challenged, I posted my intro in the wrong group once so you aren't alone there.

@megnolia82 You've really been through it with health issues, how is your gut doing now? That's great news your ankle is doing so much better! I'm happy you're walking and heading in the right direction. Thank YOU for being part of our family.

@trooworld For some reason I hadn't realized Violet was only one until I just read it again (love learning new stuff on the intros that I've forgotten or might have slipped my forgetful mind). What a fun-packed weekend you're having! Have a wonderful time today.

@TeresaW2024 It's awesome to discover a new exercise favorite especially when you're not happy you have to find other things to do, I'm glad rebounding went so well. Oh that sounds like a delicious dinner!

@micaroo4 Very impressive walking streak this year! I love the photo of you and Rich, good looking couple!

@jessicakrall8 Thank you Jessica, I'll come check it out!

Hi friends! Been a busy day, I cleaned the kitchen and family room then had left plants I'm doing a water experiment with at work so I picked them up then went to the greenhouse. Well I didn't know the high school was having a car show there and I'd been planning to change my clothes in the car from the greenhouse, luckily I wore my “lunch” leggings under another pair so I could strip them off and a sports bra made changing my top acceptable then swapped out shoes. Someone tried to let our plants go 3 days instead of 2 and we lost a bunch of stuff at the greenhouse including Mrs. Burns Lemon Basil I'd brought in. That one is super good but I still had some regular lemon basil I could share with the farm and I brought along Persian Basil for a tray. Instead of cutting out extra plants at stems I detangled roots and managed to get a couple more trays of basil as well (we'll see if they'll make it but losing so much it was worth some extra time to not start from seed) then did an extra tray of zucchini and an extra tray of squash. Met a childhood friend for lunch and she came back here to take some plants and hang out. I was curious about a plant sale down the street and after I asked my neighbor who's a gardener if she'd stopped there to check it out yet I saw a plant sale advertised that was to raise money for a child's lung cancer treatment by a gardener in the Take a Plant Leaf a Plant group so the two of us went. I bought a huge chunk of parsley (I know it's going to bolt soon but there's about $20 if you bought it at a store) and a succulent and we gave an extra donation. I'm not feeling the best now so I'm not sure if I'll get any more plants in tonight, I'd like to get some more of the seedlings in. This was long so time to wrap it up, have a great Sunday!
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Valeta. I am a 49 year-old housewife from Northwest, Indiana. I live here, with my husband, Wes and our King Charles Caviler, Benny. We have three sons in their 20's and our first Grand-baby due in the next few weeks. Since September, I have lost 50 pounds. My goal is to maintain between 125-130.(center weight 127) I currently weigh 130. I eat every three hours and try to do at least 30 min. of intentional exercise every morning. I'm so proud of my diligence to eat healthy and workout regularly. I also, appreciate all the encouragement and support I've received from this group. During my spare time, I enjoy listening to music, reading, and gardening.
    In observance of Mother's day in May, I am posting a picture of my mom and me.
    mlp20f71wapx.jpg

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 Oh I hate to do my pill containers! LOL be careful with that rebounder. Dinner sounds good! I hope you enjoyed it.

@micaroo4 Great pic of you and Rich! Were you on a train?

@Katmary71 Oh she's now almost 2! I guess I need to update that lol. I copy and paste that into the introductions. I am loving this weekend! So far, it's been fun. That's too bad that you lost stuff at the greenhouse. Sounds like a busy day. I hope you feel better today.

@Veta2018 Cute pic of your mom and you.

Hi all. I had a great day yesterday starting with Little Italy's art festival. I bought two prints that I just love. We had lunch at my favorite Italian place and then walked around some more at the art festival. When we got home, I made some t-shirts for my husband and I. I made this Prince t-shirt for myself, and I'm making another one for my BFF today. Here are some pics.

No Zero Days: Walked a lot yesterday.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"

silbcrhml05r.jpg
    w6y8piwv5ufh.jpg
    2l24dwi59cas.jpg

• TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I LOVE those prints! So cute!! And your Prince shirt is great. He is my all time favorite artist.

Good morning! I'm about to get dressed and head off to church. We have a business meeting afterward that I hope won't take too long. :D I'm happy to report that after getting that steroid injection in my hand, my tendons feel so much better. It's at least 70% improved, and I'm confident it will just get better. I still plan to baby it as much as possible, but the progress makes me so happy! Y'all have a great day! :)
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Congrats @Veta2018 on hitting the maintenance zone! You are amazing!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,012 Member
    edited April 28
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lisa. I'm 55, live in Florida with my husband, two adult children and our dog. I've struggled with weight all my life- and have found getting the weight off to be more difficult this time, perhaps due to my "mature" age. I like to read and spend time outdoors. For exercise I walk, strength train and do step aerobics. I've been in this group about 4 years now and really enjoy the support it provides.

Just as I was getting on to do this post the entire site changed to Spanish. I started trying to fix it and then it fixed itself. Pretty crazy.
  • megnolia82
    Options
    April 28 weigh in Megnolia82

SW: 228
    PW: 216.8
    CW: 210

Wowee!! I’m super thrilled with this past week. I just started tracking calories and my body is so thankful. :)
  • megnolia82
    Options
    @Katmary71 thanks for asking about my gut! (lol, something I wouldn’t have said 2 years ago). I’m doing really well lately. A couple trigger foods will give me a bit of a crummy day. I’ve cut a few things way back - can’t handle many processed bread products, cauliflower, broccoli, apples (weird!) I’m not back to how I was but my eating before wasn’t exactly great so a new normal is actually a good thing :)

@Veta2018 @micaroo4 you both are so amazing!! Great work. Hope to join you in maintenance next year.