Options
steve0mania
steve0mania Posts: 2,992 Member
Yo. How'd you do?

Replies

• steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,992 Member
    Options
    I'm up 0.4 pounds since last Friday, but over the past two weeks (which included all 8 days of Passover) I'm down 1.8 pounds overall. This is much better than I anticipated. I tried to keep things under some level of control over the holiday, so at least for the middle days I ate very reasonably.

Now it's back to the grind. Although, I have a trip next week in which I will be having kosher catered food. I'll do my best. I don't think there will be any alcohol there, so that part will be on-plan!

182/131.8/146
  • Brian_19
    Brian_19 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Down 1.4 pounds, 6.5 total since starting Mayo Clinic Diet on 4/15. I'm very happy with this result, and I generally like their program. I have a few weeks before I have to decide, but I'll probably let my subscription auto-renew and stick with it for the time being. The recipes in the meal plan are my favorite part - they've shown me simple ways to eat better (and I really needed this mental re-set).

I'll be in Cedar Rapids next week working on a consulting assignment, so that's going to mean straying from the programmed meal plan. I'm planning to have "on plan" breakfasts and lunches in the Airbnb where I'll be staying, and then MTBC-ing for dinners at nearby restaurants. Fortunately, there are several good-looking options within blocks of my place. It really should be fun. I'm taking my bike with me!
  • Flintwinch
    Flintwinch Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Minus 1 lb for a net zero over the past two weeks. 13 lbs to go to achieve goal weight. I'm a tortoise rather than a hare at weight loss. I'm taking a new medicine for the past two months which lists weight gain as a possible side effect.
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Down 0.8 pounds this week.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,076 Member
    Options
    Up 0.6# this week. :(
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Popping by to check in. We're on a multi-day wedding/vacation trip. I'll feel successful if I'm up no more than 1.5 - 2 pounds next week from my previous weigh-in. I'm being mindful, but I'm not tracking. There's been more alcohol and snacky food, but I'm being deliberate (so far) about limiting sugar intake. I have a lot of swelling when flying, and my ankles are not happy right now.

Anyhoo, I'm checking in to remind myself that my goal is to lose weight in 2024.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,934 Member
    Options
    Last week I was up in the Yellow Zone when I weighed in Thursday as a result of a few successive days of poor choices. That meant starting last Friday I was limiting myself to WW’s old Healthy Eating Range of not more than ten points over my daily target in any day. That’s enough to correct things quickly, as a rule.

And nothing happened.

I floated up and down by about 0.5# relative to that Thursday weight. It started to get both puzzling and disturbing, because it has historically corrected well. Then on this Thursday, the “whoosh”. I dropped over 3# on my home scale, and over 4# on the WW scale Thursday evening. Back in the Green Zone!

Yes, I celebrated with food. I had a slice of carrot cake from Modern Pastry in Boston yesterday, and still ended up in the Healthy Eating Range for the day. (That was a deliberate choice rather than part of the recovery plan.

Today? My big plan is to spray the foundation with Ortho Home Defense pest spray. Do I live an exciting life or what? 😉