May 1-7, 2024

Options
SarahMaxx
SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
LW: 129.8
TW: 131.4

Arghhh! So frustrating. I've managed to cut way back on added sugar and I walked at times when I had very little energy to do so. This week, a lot of my energy has gone to doing things related to recovery from the pipe incident that are tiring but don't show up on my Fitbit. An example is picking up small rocks from the yard so that when hubby cuts the grass, the lawnmower does not become a missile launcher. And yet . . .

So I knew I needed to get on here quickly and get this down because I promised myself and you ladies that I'd report my weight honestly every week regardless.

Here are my 7-day averages for steps and calories burned:

Steps = 10,801
Kcals burned = 1,697

Walking has been a challenge the last couple of days. My TM is making a noise and I've called two different companies about getting it serviced and neither one has called me back. So frustrating. Maybe it's because I'm honest and say that it's vintage. And the temps and humidity have not been conducive for walking--high 80's with high humidity. On Monday, I waited until late, late afternoon thinking that since the sun was going down, I'd be okay, but I realized after about 5K steps to add to the 2K I had from just normal moving around that I was not going to be okay. Hopefully, I can get the TM taken care of before the temps are that high and higher every day and the warm weather humidity sets in for good.

Well, hubby wants me to go with him to run some errands. Yesterday, we got the cushions out and the ferns hung out back. Every year we debate whether the amount we spend on plants, etc. back there is worth it because we have such a small window of time before it's too hot and humid to get out there much. (See a theme here? LOL) But even if we just see it out the patio doors, it's nice to have our little oasis. So off to the nursery again.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone. Back later (I hope).

Replies

• GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    LW: 135.0
    TW: 135.0

Hmm, no change. I'm struggling to figure it out. I cannot move more. Although my Apple Watch challenged me to get 3 miles walking or running 14 times this month to win a badge. Good motivation, but wish me luck. Especially since we'll be in Oregon from May 17th - 25th. It's hilly there, so maybe I can get 3 miles walking . . .

First, I want to say Happy Birthday today to Kelly's Dad B) I hope you're with him and eating some cake, Kelly! I hope you're squeezing in some time for yourself between all the kids activities. And I think about your eye issue all the time. I'm back to using my allergy drops. . maybe it's just an allergic reaction to something new in your environment.

Sarah, it's great to hear that the house project is nearing completion. It would be nice to have some plants around your patio, especially while the front yard is coming back. Good luck with your bone builders situation. Have you had a DEXA scan to see if it has improved your bones? Or at least staved off deterioration. That is one of the main reasons I lift weights. I have osteopenia, and osteoporosis runs in my family.

Lois, how is hubby's foot? And how are you? I'd like to know what your next plan is for food intake . . maybe I'll do it with you if it's not too expensive.

Gotta run now.

• Lastchancelj
    Lastchancelj Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday Ladies. Sorry a day late.

Yesterday was insane... Sorry not to check in. Work life balance is not great.. And in hindsight has not been for several months. The software is launched, and sales had two contracts (same person), which means my time on standby is ongoing...and I'm tense. My eating habits are HORRIBLE. I'm way up again and I ate a bag of peanut M & Ms.. the shareable size over a week. The problem - I don't care for peanut M&Ms I ate them because I was super stressed...no joy. Almond M&Ms I love, but not the peanut. Anyhow, Hubby even made a comment about how bad my stress levels have been. Yes, they're receding, but still heightened. Disneyland soon!

Sheesh - I don't have the brainpower to research the other plans/options. Though I'm generally dead set against medications, after doing the research of what my kid's drs. are discussing, I'm actually giving thought to them. Until I think about possible mind issues...I don't like the fact they alter your brain and thinking...even tho that's what I need... So I don't know. I still have quite the supply of Optavia, and every morning I say, I'm going to stick to it for today. Four pm rolls around and I'm looking for something...anything BUT the Optavia stuff - even the brownie. So maybe I do need something for my brain. I dunno. I also need to get my feet moving... Disney in just 3weeks. And I need to be prepared to walk 10miles a day - yep that's what we end up doing - even on our last trip that was "casual" and slow. That was only one day and I was in such agony that night. MUST get out walking.

OK... Started this thread...had to take phone calls and then had lunch with hubby (ordered steak and green beans bogo). Anyhow, we were talking and we openly talked about how both of us are getting heavier and heavier and that's not what we want. He asked me where the air fryer went...and reminded him I broke the first one. I hadn't decided on which one to order as the one I've been researching is larger than the other... he asked to see it and we measured and I'm ordering it tonight. We have frozen fish and veggies and we can eat for a couple of weeks with just what's in the freezer. So that's our first step. I also reordered the bars hubby also likes from Optavia and hoping with cooking some fish and veggies and the other stuff. So that's today's plan.

Kelly - Happy Belated Birthday to your Pops. Hoping you all celebrated well. Keep us updated on what's going on with the kids, hockey and what's happening with your eye and movement goals.

Ok. So that's it for now... gotta get back to work.
  • SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
    edited May 3
    Options
    Happy Friday, all. Lois, I can feel your frustration. Stress affects so much with our bodies and our minds and I truly remember what I felt like when my work was super stressful and yet I knew I needed to find the time to prepare food and get out and move. It can get to a person. But I think just the fact that you and your hubby have talked about it is a step in the right direction. One of my challenges has always been that my hubby is diabetic and has to eat 6 times a day or else his blood sugar level goes wacky. And he's one of those people who doesn't gain a lot of weight, so it's hard for me to get him onboard with not having certain kinds of food in the house.

I am still battling the creeping scale myself (up a few more ounces) today. I looked at my activity and kcals during March, when I was a couple of pounds lighter, and honestly, I don't see much difference in March and April. That is what is frustrating to me. I want to be able to see the issue and fix it. I do know, however, that during March most of my steps came from doing that online video, and I tried that again last night and it really kicked my "kitten." In addition to walking, that video also uses kicks, arm movements, dips, side movements, etc. So maybe the fact that I couldn't use my TM during construction and it was cold and wet so I couldn't walk outside actually worked in my favor. So maybe I'll use the video more and see if it has an effect.

And mentioning treadmills or lack thereof, last night we got together with a couple we haven't seen in a few weeks, and lo and behold, the hubby gave me info I need to locate a TM maintenance tech. Oh ues, and the class yesterday with the new co-lead went okay. There were a few problems, but basically, it went okay. So there are two good things.

Well, hubby just reminded me that today is our last dry day for awhile. Rain is coming in tomorrow for a least a few days. So I need to think about getting out for a walk if it's not too warm yet. Tonight we are going out to dinner with our friends from up the street so I need to get my walk in before late afternoon. We're also taking our neighbor who had to go to assisted living. I think it will do her a world of good. We asked her if she is making friends in her apartment building and she said not really--that these people are old (LOL, she's 73) and only talk about their kids and grandkids or what they had for lunch!

Have a great weekend, folks. Kelly, hope your eye is getting better.
  • Lastchancelj
    Options
    Sarah - my challenge with hubby is that he LOVES fast food...even tho we both need to reduce our weight, whenever I ask for dinner ideas, he opts for fast food items. And he doesn't eat during the day much, he eats pretty much everything from 930p-2am - he doesn't go to sleep until 2-3am. So backward clocks. So I was super happy when he brought up the air fryer and some options. And it's hot here already. The morning sun is HOT...even tho the temps may be high 70's, the sun is HOT.
  • Lastchancelj
    Options
    Day 3 and I'm following the Optavia plan... very closely versus very loosely. Tummy is paying for it, but until I figure something else out... here we go.