Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    @Veta2018 - Great job!

@megnolia82 - It's a loss, it's a continued downward trend, so celebrate! Give yourself a hug for all your hard work!

@txcritter69 - Good Stepping!

-Mica
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 488 Member
    edited May 6
    Options
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 146
    CW: 145.8

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Good evening!

Well, today I turned into the very hungry caterpillar. We went out for lunch to celebrate my birthday (it’s on Tuesday) and I know meal was over my calories for the day so I decided not to track today. Bad call. I then had a large bubble tea, a cookie the garden centre was giving away, a whole chocolate letter D my husband hasn’t opened since Christmas 2022, a regular dinner, cheese and crackers and then 3 cookies. Ugh. Disaster.

I’m just a train wreck when I deviate from tracking. Tomorrow right back into my routine. Hopefully I didn’t set myself back too many days :(
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW:223.4
    CW: 228.4

Hmm? I think something isn’t right! Let’s see what next week looks like.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Sunday I had planned to go to church when the Bishop was visiting and coming home to clean, etc. I made it to church but not the cleaning. Took my grandma out to lunch and grocery shopping with her. It was a good day. She’s 90 years old and can’t drive. She had a stroke last year and then COVID and it’s just been a declining since mostly memory. It’s awful to see and she is aware that she can’t remember things that she should remember.

Kiara is doing great, never would have known she wasn’t feeling good on Tuesday. She turned 14! yesterday. Rest of the pack are good! Bronco turned 9 on Wednesday. Keep praying they all stay being healthy and live a long healthy doggie lives.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Missy
  • megnolia82
    Options
    Thanks @micaroo4 , you’re so right!

Tracking works. Just keep it up!

Have a great week, everyone! It’s a busy one for me. I always think I’m busy but some weeks come along without any time to catch a breath and this one has some deadlines, some extra meetings, some field trips…. The next two weeks are pretty crazy. So I need a plan to handle it without binges or alcohol. I’m going to go for sleep and cycling.

Talk to you all soon!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 @tfelts147 @19shmoo69 Congrats on making it onto the leaderboard!

@reshii_devi Wow, great progress, congrats!

@19shmoo69 Awww...congrats to your daughter.

@Katmary71 Thank you, it was a great night. I'm glad you didn't automatically say yes to the secretary position. You do sound busy. Beef and barley soup is always good. Especially on a rainy day. How is your pain level today? I hope your nephew's birthday was fun.

@TeresaW2024 It was really good and would be refreshing on a hot day. I am feeling better, thanks! Your potluck at church sounds fun.

@txcritter69 That's great you were able to do the 2 miles, incredible!

@laurelfit57 Congrats on the scale going down. How are the pups? Are you getting enough sleep?

@megnolia82 Happy early birthday! Just get right back on the tracking wagon, you got this.

@AyaTheTyga It's disappointing to go up in weight but it's best to just take the pain and weigh in. That way, you have a record (and we do, too!). I'm sorry about the depression, I can relate to that.

Hi all. I had a good weekend. I tracked everything all weekend, which is rare for me to do, unfortunately. Saturday night, we had some Sam's Club macaroni and cheese that I put in the smoker and smoked. My husband doctored it up wtih more cheese and it was honestly some of the best mac and cheese I've ever had. I didn't go crazy with that but it was good. We also had a side salad that I made out of lettuce from our container garden. That was the first time I had home-grown lettuce and it was so good! We also had some cod with it. Yesterday being Cinco de Mayo, I made shredded beef tacos and a salad made of avocado, cucumber, mango, mint, cilantro with a honey-lime dressing. It was really good. Have a good Monday!

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, didn't snack.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I’m counting my steps on the trampoline by entering a jump rope workout on my Apple watch. From what I've researched, that seems to work best. How old is your nephew going to be? I love roses! :)

@megnolia82 We all have days where we go way off track. The key is getting right back on the next day, which sounds like you will. Have a good week, and just try to stay focused on your goals. :)

@gemwolf110 Spending the day with your precious grandma is way better than cleaning house. Focus on making memories with her. That is what I’m doing with my husband. Wow 14 for a dog is great! I’m glad she is doing well. :)

@trooworld, you always make the best food! I love me some mac-n-cheese!! <3 How will you handle food when you have the surgery? Will you still be able to eat all the things you love, but in a smaller quantity? I can’t see you not being a Foodie, so I hope you won’t have to. :)

Good morning! The potluck was a lot of fun last night, and I didn’t overeat, but it was a Mexican Baptist potluck sooooo I overate! 😂 So, lots of water today, very little food, and I might not have too much of a gain this week. I’m mindful of that diet bet and my need to get my money back, so I need to be good! Today, I need to work out, clean the house, go grocery shopping, and call my internet provider. The WiFi has been running so slow and crashing on us constantly. I'm over it!! :s
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Congrats to @megnolia82 @tfelts147 and @19shmoo69 for making the Leaderboard!

@micaroo4 Thank you!

@megnolia82 We all have those days but like what everyone else says "You have to just jump back on the wagon and let it go."

@AyaTheTyga Depression is hard but keeping active is great for you. I too have been suffering from it for the past 2.5 yrs. This yr I decided I am choosing to be happy. I wrote the saying "Today I Choose To Be HAPPY!" on my chalkboard of my coffee bar door so that it is the first thing I read when I start my day. I really has help me set the tone for my day.

@gemwolf110 Happy birthday to your pups! Make them memories, cleaning is always going to be there.

@trooworld Thank you! Your mac and cheese does sound good.

@TeresaW2024 Mexican food is so hard not to overeat. Drink that water 😂 I tried the diet bet once I lost my money. 😢

So we are here at Blanco State Park until Friday. The rain has cleared up for now. As we drove here, passing over bridges and seeing the creeks and rivers full again was great. But we also had some major flash flooding that had caused the loss of bridges so roads have been shut down and alternate routes will have to be used. We have not seen rain like this in a while. We have been in a serious drought for a few yrs now. So the rain was a blessing but at a cost. livestock and wildlife have paid the price.

It is a bit muddy but we do have plans to get out later today and walk around the park.it might be a day or 2 before we hit the hiking trails. Diesel is not doing so well with this trip. His anxiety is really bad so, I have decided to find a trainer to help me with him. He should be having fun instead of being stressed out. I am using calming treats to help him. I really hope thing get better for him and he has a little more fun on this trip. Enough for now.

Have a great day!
  • Artemis_2024
    Artemis_2024 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Another busy weekend, hoping for a calm week.

SW: 156
    PW: 158
    CW: 155.6
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,630 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    Wigh-Ins due now:
    @AmbersWay @AustinRuadhain @Jactop @bark2j5 @littlebabekitty @vegan4lyfe2012
    Tomorrow weigh in reminder for the following: @TeresaW2024 @FushiaKat
  • bark2j5
    bark2j5 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Check in: Monday
    PW: 143.5
    CW: 143.5
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,630 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 @tfelts147 @19shmoo69 Way to go top winners!

@megnolia82 Hugs I just fell down the overeating rabbit hole too exactly like you did, my usual if I just ate what I really wanted in the first place it wouldn't have been so bad. Just get back to it today!

@AyaTheTyga Hugs hang in there, the weight will come back off in a few days but I know it sucks seeing higher numbers even if we know why.

@sleepygirl79 I hope next week is better!

@gemwolf110 I'm so glad Kiara is doing better! Lots of birthdays for you right now!

@trooworlf Thanks! Yesterday was a bad pain day, today is a little better thank goodness. Great job on the tracking! Yum the mac and cheese sounds amazing! I'm glad you enjoyed the homegrown lettuce, isn't the taste awesome?!

@TeresaW2024 I'm glad you had fun at the potluck, lot of water and cutting back food sounds like a smart plan. Hope you get all the chores done. And YES you DO need to win that bet!

@txcritter69 I'd love to see some pictures of the park if you're up for sharing! I get that with the storms being needed but also hurting. Oh no I'm sorry to hear about Diesel having a tough time.

@reshii_devi What you said to @AyatheTyga is so true, if we give in getting right back on track is what makes the difference from the times we let it break our diet. A therapist I went to said if you allow yourself to feel ashamed you trap yourself into doing nothing which I feel is true for me. I'm glad you're tracking still wtg! Yep we do got this!

Hi friends! I went to a beautiful rose garden yesterday, I can't pick one pic to share or I would. My nephew's birthday was fun, I met everyone at the restaurant then we went back to the house for cake and ice cream. Trying to stay on track today and doing well. I have a bunch to do in the yard so take care everyone and have a great Tuesday!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    So, I had to do some backtracking.
    @reshii_devi awesome four-month transformation!
    @gemwolf110 It was ok. I had to sit separate from my family just to get pictures. The setup was awkward. The best place to watch the graduation was not the best place for pictures.
    Funny thing happened at the restaurant afterwards. I spontaneously chatted with a waitress and my oldest son said I needed to give up my introvert card. Because introverts do not do that. Actually, they do. Some are hardcore and wont chat at all. Then you have the ones, like me, that need to “include you” or a type of paranoia kicks in and I will be watching you wondering why you are "doing that”.

As for me, I have been struggling a lot lately. Since i think all the time it gets to me almost like an overload. I worry about stuff that I literally have no control over. When it happens it's like depression and anger all at once. Sometimes it's a day and sometimes it's a week. Then BAM it's gone, and I am back to the regular thinking all the time. If you need an example of it, here is one. At the beginning of this month during introductions, @katmary71 called me her friend. With all the overthinking I was doing at the time it caught me off guard. I could not remember if i was worthy to be her friend or if i had called her that first and this was a response or if (gasp) it was a true statement. Trust me there were more thoughts going through my head. All of this happened repeatedly in a few seconds time, all day long.
    With that said @katmary71 i am honored to be your friend. I can add to that I am honored to be considered to be friends with everybody in this group. It may seem a bit odd or heck it may seem very odd, but this is how my brain works. I do not do well with compliments. If you say I am your friend, then that is one of the top compliments you can give and one of the top compliments I want to struggle with and overcome to the point of acceptance. Gosh I hope this makes sense in a positive way. That is what it is meant to be.

I will end with

I DRINK COFFEE!!!!
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW2024
    Weigh in week:  Week 2
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    SW (1.1.24) : 252.0
    PW: 248.0
    CW: 248.5

• megnolia82
    Options
    Good morning!

Anyone else have a bad habit of updating on the app while going to bed, then falling asleep mid-post and losing everything you had written?

Today is my birthday! I’m 42 and I’m ready for this to be my best year. I’m going to be healthy, I’m going to be active and I’m going to keep the mindset that I’ve been working on for the past few years. It’s a beautiful day and life is good.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 Oh girl, it was so good! Eventually, I will be able to eat most things in smaller quantities (after about a year). For the first year, I have to be really strict because the first year is historically when you lose the most weight. I'm hoping my husband is more supportive as far as food goes: right now, he buys 2-cookie packs when he goes to the store, makes desserts, and is generally unhelpful like that lol. LOL I'm glad you had fun at the potluck, that would be hard to not overeat as I know the south can cook lol. I hope you got everything that you wanted to get done and got your internet fixed. I see you weighed in the morning. .5 lbs is not too bad of a gain considering you went to a potluck!

@txcritter69 That's too bad about the flash floods, that sounds dangerous. That's a good idea to get Diesel some help. Poor guy! Enjoy your trip.

@Artemis_2024 @reshii_devi Congrats on the losses!

@Katmary71 I'm glad you are a little better. Yes, that lettuce was great! I'm glad you had a good time at the garden and your nephew's birthday.

@19shmoo69 One of my best friends is an extroverted introvert. On the surface, she seems very friendly and outgoing and has many friends. But she really doesn't like to be around people much. I'm sorry you struggle with overthinking and depression and anger. I hope you can find some inner peace. I also consider you my friend, Darren. Hugs. And I drink coffee, too! :D

Hi all. Doing good here. I went to the chiropractor and I asked him if he could tell a difference in my foot and he said some parts were improving but there was still work to do on other parts. My back feels better today. My goal for the rest of this week is to drink at least 64 oz of water each day.

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, didn't snack outside of what I planned, turned down pastries, drank 88 oz of water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"