Mounjaro Since November

Options
PennycillinEQ
PennycillinEQ Posts: 29 Member
No side effects, A1C went from 12.9 to 7.3 after 3 months. Scheduled for blood work/next appointment a month from now. Female, age 74, 5"7" starting weight 210, present weight 187.

Biggest problem is getting the stuff. My insurance balks every time the dosage goes up plus there is such a shortage around here (Houston area) I have missed 10 weeks of meds from Feb-April. I have lost 23 pounds, 18 of it in November-January and MFP has helped a lot. At first I just kept the calories under 1460 and watched my carbs carefully. After that first follow-up appointment I started eating plenty fruit regularly again but not many other carbs. Recently I have tried (with the help of shakes with 30 grams of protein) to get over 100 grams of protein daily. This is not working out. It takes the joy out of eating and it seems that the shakes are curbing my appetite too much to enjoy meals. I
have 6 bottles left in the fridge and when they are gone it will probably be the end of my 100 gram of protein experiment.

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Shakes with 30mg didn't work for me either. Too much stress on my kidneys. Doc wants me about 75 per day right now. Just started the Mounjaro 2.5.
  • PennycillinEQ
    Options
    Good luck with your weekly jabs. Please keep us informed of your progress/problems. I have the 7.5 version currently but my sister, who started a month before me, was switched to 10.0 at her last appointment so I would not be surprised if my dose goes up, too. My pharmacist said the 7.5 were the hardest ones to keep in stock so maybe I will have more luck getting the 10.0's in a timely manner.
  • PennycillinEQ
    Options
    Update on my sister and 10.0 mg. She has had two doses now. After the first one she felt stomach sick for two mornings. After the second dose she had no ill effects. I'm very interested in what happens to her over next two weeks......she went to visit grandkids in California. I'm wondering if the higher dose will keep her from gaining weight while she is on vacation.