Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 Yeah, I’m going to really try not to lose my money. But it might happen if I don’t get my act together. :D I’m sorry Diesel is struggling. I have a very high-strung little dog, so I feel you. I hope the mud dries up so you can enjoy the park. :)

@Katmary71 Did you buy any roses for your yard? When I was a kid, we lived in Portland, OR, and they have an amazing rose garden. I remember going there several times. :)

@19shmoo69 You know what I like about you? Not counting your love of coffee, which just barely surpasses mine. ;) But I also really like your honesty. You remind me of my niece. She also has a brain that has difficulty understanding how much she is liked and loved. You are a wonderful part of this group, and I’m thankful. :)

@megnolia82 Happy birthday to you!! 🥳🥳🥳

@trooworld I hope your husband will become more supportive, too. It will be very hard if he isn’t, and I will hate that for you. 😕

Good morning! With a birthday and a potluck, I’m not upset that I had a small gain. But that does need to stop! After my workout, I will go to church and do my weekly work. I might wash my car since today is a non-rain day in a week of rain. But it’s supposed to be 86 degrees, so I don’t know how much of the inside of the car will get done. I hate the heat!!! 🥵
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 18 of 52

PW: 136.2
    CW: 137.8

Another week has flown by so fast I can't believe how far we are into May already. My neighbor is on a limited budget and since Stater Bro's Market keeps raising their prices he cannot afford to shop there anymore. I offered to take him to my market Winco and show him where everything is. We went last Saturday, when he told me he needed miracle whip I drew a blank. I used to eat miracle whip all the time, but it's been so long I forgot what it was. I thought that was quite funny. He said he saved about $30, so that was a win.

Since we live in California it is impossible to find affordable homeowner's insurance. His old insurance company Farmer's dropped him, well they increased his to $4000+ a year over night from less than $2000, they are a terrible company. He needs to save money on groceries so he can afford homeowner's insurance.
  • littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 390 Member
    edited May 7
    Options
    Sorry for late weigh in. Been real busy.
    Lost 1lb. Restoring my previous progress. Pushing strong, never giving up 💪 Lets do this SlimPOSSIBLES

littlebabekitty
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    SW:220
    PW: 194.8
    CW: 193.6
    - 1lb
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,720 Member
    edited May 8
    Options
    WEIGH-IN UPDATE
    WEIGH-INS DUE NOW
    : @vegan4lyfe2012 @AmbersWay @AustinRuadhain @Jactop
    Reminder For Tomorrow's Weigh-in to the following: @Divya365
  • Katmary71
    Options
    19shmoo69 Yes you're my friend, thank you for the compliment. I think of this group like how my grandpa used to go for coffee with the guys every afternoon for years, we check in on our own time but we've shared a lot with one another and become close. I do hope you get better at accepting compliments, I don't say stuff I don't mean if that helps at all. I DO get that anxiety spiral myself. Enjoy the coffee!

@megnolia82 Oh no I'm sorry you lost a post that's so frustrating! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love your enthusiasm let's make this your best year yet!

@trooworld That's exciting the chiropractor can see a difference, your hard work is paying off! Your back feeling better is good news too, I think you're on the right track. '

@TeresaW2024 At the rose sale we walked in during an auction and they were out of sheets with the names and photos together so we had no clue what anything was. The tour was great, my neighbor and I told him to do the tour next time. I would've loved to have picked one up for my Mom for Mother's Day but wasn't going to bid on ones without knowing what they were. I just Googled the International Rose Test Garden, what a cool place to check out! That wasn't a bad gain for all the excitement, you'll get it off fast and win that bet!

@FushiaKat That IS a good win taking him to Winco, I love that store! Oh no I'm sorry to hear about his insurance being so high.

@Littlebabekitty No giving up here great weigh in!

Hi team! Had a good day, I went to work a little early to do a treatment. I left early as a practitioner was in most the day and could hold down the fort and got my hair colored early. I'm having an ionic foot bath appointment tomorrow as I change my pain patch Wed morning so I'll do it before switching, I'm watching YouTube videos on how they work so I know what to expect. Here's a picture of how the water looks: https://www.massageblissokemos.com/detox-foot-bath/ I'd asked my co-worker/now roommate last week if I can see what his water looks like after he did it and it looks gross, from what these videos are teaching me the electrical current mixing with salt coming out of you causes oxidation and makes the water orange to black. Have a great Wednesday, off to the tub! Did good with food today aside of getting a Starbuck's coffee.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I indulged a little bit today :) I was about 400cal over my goal as this morning a student brought me a cupcake and tonight we got frosties from Wendy’s. it’s a little splurge but I tracked them and tomorrow's a normal day with no unexpected treats. Even at that, my 5 week projection still shows a 5 pound loss.

Anyway, ready for a good night sleep. We have a pond by the back patio and the toads are really singing up a storm out there tonight! I love it but it does tend to go on all night lol. Might be an earplug kind of night :)
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    WI Monday
    PW 212.6
    CW 212.6

Sorry I totally blanked on posting my holding strong to last weeks number.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

A gorgeous day today. It’s track and field at school so I’ll be outside for a nice chunk of the day. Couldn’t ask for any more than that! Then tonight is my son’s football practice. They are outdoors now so instead of walking the indoor track, I’ll be hiking the nearby trail.

Have the best day, you guys!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,090 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 Yes, it will be! Thank you. 86 degrees, wow. Already!

@FushiaKat That's too bad for your neighbor. Maybe have him call Safeco, we live on a canyon and it's considered a fire risk. They cover us reasonably.

@littlebabekitty Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 Yes, thanks! That's an interesting ionic foot bath. Are you hoping to get pain relief out of it? Why are you doing it? I hope you enjoy it.

Hi all. I did not do my chiropractic exercises yesterday, I thought to do them in the morning but put it off and was going to do them at work but then I had a very busy day at work. And then, when I got home, I was exhausted from my day. Today, I will make it a priority. I did well with food yesterday. I went to the cafe at work for breakfast but instead of getting something terrible, I got an egg scramble, which was a little better for me and kept me full into lunch. I only ate a little bit of my lunch because I was still full.

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, made a good choice at cafe for breakfast, didn't snack, drank 78 oz of water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • Katmary71
    Options
    QUESTION: What are you finding challenging right now?
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

We are having a very relaxing time. It's almost too relaxing LOL Diesel is still struggling but I did set up an appt. with a trainer next Tues. I really hope I can help him. I want to bring him on trips so he can be with us and not be left at home to wonder when we are coming home.
    I am keeping up with my step goal, it is really the only thing to do at this state park. It is a small park with only 2 short hiking trails. Most likely will not be back unless we have friends coming along. We have not really met anyone here, people tend to be keeping to themselves.
    @Katmary71 I have not taken any pictures here yet but if I do I will post them. I am off now to cook breakfast and get ready to hit the trails and walk the park.

Have a great day everyone!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »

In general typing and excel is challenging.

As far as weight loss being hungry in the evening. Also getting back into strength training.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,253 Member
    Options
    Sleep. Aches/pain, which contributes to the sleep issue - and then the lack of sleep contributes to the pain issue.

@vegan4lyfe2012 ((((HUGS)))); responding to your request for Prayers! 🫂🙏❤️
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I'll be praying for you as well.

Who is Stuart Smalley?
  • Katmary71
    Options
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    WEIGH-INS DUE NOW: @AmbersWay @AustinRuadhain @Jactop
    Tomorrow reminder to weigh in: @askewcr Go get it! :)
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @megnolia82 Just get back to it tomorrow, you're good! That projection is if you hit those exact calories every day for 5 weeks, there's threads in the forums where most people say it didn't work for them. I wish it did for me it always says I should be way (or weigh) less than I am so I wish it was correct! Enjoy the time outdoors sounds like a nice day.

@AmbersWay No worries how are you doing?

@trooworld Hoping for pain relief especially in my legs and feet but was also super curious to try it. Way to go on getting the scramble you did awesome at the cafe! I got Starbucks for my hairdresser and I and even though it wasn't a lot of calories felt guilty as I was doing real good on avoiding sugar and more than my morning cup of coffee.

@txcritter69 I hope the trainer can help Diesel too it's hard to see our pets struggle. Gllad you're getting in a lot of hiking how fun!

@19shmoo69 Hungriness at night stinks I'm sorry. Stuart Smalley: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_Smalley

@vegan4lyfe2012 No problem on the weigh-in. I had a roommate move in a couple days ago, it's a young man who cleans the clinic in exchange for treatment. He was struggling and I'm able to help him out with a discounted room and in exchange he's going to help with things around the house. He told me today he'd appreciate a list to work on. It's going well so far. Huge hugs and prayers, I'm sorry things are so stressful for you right now.

@micaroo4 This may sound dumb but do you sleep with support to keep your spine straight? I'd forgotten about a pillow between the knees and a friend reminded me, I sleep through the night without having to switch sides because of my hips hurting (I'd wake up from pain even with a sleeping pill). You can curl a towel or your pillow under your neck or get a neck pillow too.

Hi team! Worked out, went to the farm for an hour, then to work. My pain patch came off yesterday but I actually did pretty well without it and just a little withdrawal symptoms. The ionic foot bath was interesting, she did a few things to neutralize toxins before the foot bath. My water matched one of a recovering drug addict not surprisingly, I didn't take a pic but I'll sneak one of the poster board. My leg muscles excitedly twitch all the time and since the bath it feels like slow rolls kind of like a rolling pin is going over them. My legs usually feel like cement they're so heavy and it's a little lighter. Compression, burning, and pain is the same. I'll see how I am in the morning. She wants to do them more than I can but I'm guessing I won't be able to. Got all the tomatoes in today, yay! Good logging and food today, I'm making the Giant Parmesan Turkey Meatloaf before the rest of my jar of sauce goes bad from the last one. Have a great Thursday!

Question Answer as far as what's challenging: Living in my body, being worn out, balancing things right now. With the charity we've started making committees for all our events and I'm choosing to sit the next one out so I can have some downtime, I still have Big Day of Service to finish this weekend and need some time for other things.
  • reshii_devi
    reshii_devi Posts: 531 Member
    edited May 9
    Options
    sorry you're feeling overwhelmed right now @vegan4lyfe2012 🙏🏾 {{{virtual hugs}}}

thank you @19shmoo69 😊 and happy belated birthday @megnolia82!! cheers and best wishes
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @reshii_devi What you said to @AyatheTyga is so true, if we give in getting right back on track is what makes the difference from the times we let it break our diet. A therapist I went to said if you allow yourself to feel ashamed you trap yourself into doing nothing which I feel is true for me. I'm glad you're tracking still wtg! Yep we do got this!

Yes indeed ~ the shame is that low hanging head in the sand and avoidance. But it's okay! we live and we learn. Everyday do better, be better. :smile: And take care of yourself friend! It's wonderful making time for so many others, but you first! (sending hugs and good energy)

Today was a summer like 88 degrees and had lovely walk outdoors, yoga, belly and arm workouts.

What am I finding challenging right now? Increasing my protein and water intake.
This discussion has been closed.