Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,104 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @micaroo4 This may sound dumb but do you sleep with support to keep your spine straight? I'd forgotten about a pillow between the knees and a friend reminded me, I sleep through the night without having to switch sides because of my hips hurting (I'd wake up from pain even with a sleeping pill). You can curl a towel or your pillow under your neck or get a neck pillow too.
    I tried sleeping with a pillow between my knees a few times, but it interfered with my sleeping. Of course pain interferes with my sleeping, so maybe I should try it again. Thanks for the reminder.

-Mica

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Random

What am I finding challenging lately? Sleep. I'm so sick of it! I'm on a very bad streak right now.

@rashi_devi- love your progress photo. Try to tackle one little thing at a time until you are on your way again.

@19shmoo69 - you really need to go on You Tube and try to watch a Stuart Smalley vid

@vegan4lyfe2012 - you are dealing with A LOT right now. Hang in there my friend. Hugs!

Lisa

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 hang in there sis. You’ve got a lot on your plate at the moment. It sounds like you’re recognizing where your boundaries end and you’re prepared to stand up for what you need to stay healthy physically and mentally. Thinking of you.

I had an amazing walk last night. Did 7 km in 80 minutes on a trail near the football practice. I even jogged briefly. I never thought I could jog without destroying my knees and ankles but I felt ok. By briefly I mean maybe 500m. So not far at all. But this is a pretty big step for me. Maybe I can try jogging a km next time.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,978 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 That's good you set up a training appt. I hope it works out for you guys. I'm glad you are having a good time.

@Divya365 Congrats on the loss!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thanks! Did I mention that the art show was about mental health so that piece was very personal for me to talk about. It was nice to talk to people who "got it". I have not sent out the care package yet, I need to finish one thing for it. I hope to send it out this weekend! I'm glad you set up a boundary with Hunter. I'm sure that was hard to do. I'm glad you'll get Sundays back. Sorry about the depression and the gain. Big HUGS and good thoughts your way.

@Katmary71 I hope it helps. Try not to feel too bad about the Starbucks, it was a blip on the radar of your food journal, you don't do it all the time. Interesting about the foot bath. I'll be curious (and hoping) to see if you feel relief today. Good job with logging and food! Yay for the giant meatball!

@megnolia82 You are doing great! It's exciting to see your journey!

QUESTION: What are you finding challenging right now? Exercise is a challenge right now: my foot with both plantar fasciitis and fat pad syndrome is very painful at times. The knee that has a good amount of arthritis is also bothering me. It's a catch-22: I need to exercise to feel better but I need to feel better to exercise!

Hi all. Last night's meal was Creamy Tomato Butter Beans: https://www.foodbymaria.com/butter-beans/ I'm not sure if my husband overcooked it, if I should have used dry butter beans that I cooked myself (we used canned butter beans), or what but I wasn't 100% sold on the texture, it was pretty mushy. We had it with Trader Joe's garlic naan. The flavor was good. It's supposed to be a Blue Zones recipe. I stayed out of the cafe and vending machines at work. I've permitted myself to get breakfast at the cafe once a week. I already had my breakfast from the cafe this week, so no more. Just have to make it through today with no visits there. I drank a lot of water yesterday: 108 oz! Now, to repeat it.

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, no visits to the cafe or vending machines, only ate the snacks I brought, drank 108 oz of water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 We decided not to have a contest, which was a good decision, but my pizza was a huge hit, and none was left by the end of the potluck. :) I am so sorry that you are feeling so stressed right now. Believe me, I get it! I watched my sister running herself ragged when she had to move in with her daughter in her last couple of months of pregnancy to help take care of the other three kids, plus work her job and homeschool the kids. She is much better since she has moved back here and at least has her own evening space. There still is lots of stress and a constant worry over her daughter and her good-for-nothing boyfriend and what we will have to do when crap hits the fan, and it will! 😬I completely agree that Hunter has to find her own home. I will pray that God finds the right place that will be close to you, affordable, allow her to be her own person, and give you peace. Hang in there, my friend, believing this will get better. <3

@Katmary71 That is so interesting about the foot bath and how it made your legs feel. How often will you be able to do it? That is good that you pulled back some from the charity. You need rest! :)

@trooworld, I’m wondering if you would benefit from rebounding exercises. I looked on my Facebook group; some said rebounding helped their plantar fasciitis. Some said they had flare-ups, but then it got better, and everyone talked about the importance of stretching their calves before and after. The trainer has a good video on stretching because many of us have feet, ankle, and calf aches when we first start. I know it works on inflammation because my feet were so swollen and they aren't now. Just a thought since I’m now a rebounding nut! :D Stay strong on your cafe rules, and great job on drinking that much water! :)

Good morning! We had a big thunderstorm roll in at 3 a.m., so Maggie ended up in our bed, which is her happy place. :) I’ve been thinking hard about returning to Keto, but not as strict since I will never stick to it. I bought the book Dirty, Lazy, Keto yesterday, written by a woman who lost 140 lbs and has kept it off. I know that my body does better without carbs. I need to make a plan, set myself up, and stick to it! Joe and I might be going to a Christian retreat at the end of September in the mountains and it would be nice to fit back into the many, many sweatshirts that I own. :)

QUESTION: What are you finding challenging right now?

The most challenging thing right now is staying consistent with my diet. It’s so frustrating to want to lose weight and yet constantly sabotage myself time and again. I have to get it together! :/
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh in Day: Thursday
    PW. 251.5
    CW 251.5
    I continue to feel better except for this cough. I did not go back to water aerobics yet. My sugar this morning is 162. :) I plan to go back to water aerobics next week when this cough is better. Thanks for all the well wishes and encouragement! Let's go get it!! B)
  • tfelts147
    tfelts147 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Username: tfelts147
    Checkin: Thursday
    PW: 232.0
    CW:231.4

I'll take a small loss over a gain!!

Feeling a bit better about myself!!
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I haven't been checking in lately. I've still been tracking my food and getting lots of activity in my days. I've been busy doing tree jobs with my husband. I got a little bit of poison ivy from one of them. Funny thing, my fitbit says that when I was pulling the yard cart, and pushing the lawn mower, I was mountain biking. When I was raking I was swimming. When I'm loading the trailer with logs and branches, I was doing aerobics. And when I do my bible study, I'm sleeping...lol. I've also been running to get ready for my 5k on Sunday. I ran it in 56 min. 12 sec. yesterday. That's an improvement from 1hour 3min. 51sec. I dropped my phone in the driveway last night. It still works but cracked the screen making it difficult to read anything. I hope I can find some time to get a new one today. We're getting ready to go cut some trees and grind some stumps. Then we are going bowling with my FIL this afternoon.

@rashi_devi- You're making great progress. Nice NSV photos.
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - Prayers and hugs.

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Congrats to @megnolia82 @tfelts147 and @19shmoo69 for making the Leaderboard!

@micaroo4 Thank you!

@megnolia82 We all have those days but like what everyone else says "You have to just jump back on the wagon and let it go."

@AyaTheTyga Depression is hard but keeping active is great for you. I too have been suffering from it for the past 2.5 yrs. This yr I decided I am choosing to be happy. I wrote the saying "Today I Choose To Be HAPPY!" on my chalkboard of my coffee bar door so that it is the first thing I read when I start my day. I really has help me set the tone for my day.

@gemwolf110 Happy birthday to your pups! Make them memories, cleaning is always going to be there.

@trooworld Thank you! Your mac and cheese does sound good.

@TeresaW2024 Mexican food is so hard not to overeat. Drink that water 😂 I tried the diet bet once I lost my money. 😢

So we are here at Blanco State Park until Friday. The rain has cleared up for now. As we drove here, passing over bridges and seeing the creeks and rivers full again was great. But we also had some major flash flooding that had caused the loss of bridges so roads have been shut down and alternate routes will have to be used. We have not seen rain like this in a while. We have been in a serious drought for a few yrs now. So the rain was a blessing but at a cost. livestock and wildlife have paid the price.

It is a bit muddy but we do have plans to get out later today and walk around the park.it might be a day or 2 before we hit the hiking trails. Diesel is not doing so well with this trip. His anxiety is really bad so, I have decided to find a trainer to help me with him. He should be having fun instead of being stressed out. I am using calming treats to help him. I really hope thing get better for him and he has a little more fun on this trip. Enough for now.

Have a great day!

My youngest is high strung. Vet recommended the Purina pro plan calm probiotic or their calm food line. I guess it targets a site to calm the dogs in their digestive system to their brain. They saw success with dogs on the food. I called a trainer for mine and he basically said exercise, mental stimulation, and maybe nose work classes. Good luck!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 269
    CW: 269
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW:
    @AmbersWay @AustinRuadain @Jactop
    Reminder for tomorrow to the following: @Cornanda @trooworld @ninyagwa
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,104 Member
    Options
    I'm going to post my weight a day early. My work schedule is different this week, and I don't want to forget.

Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 127.6
    CW: 128.0

Maintenance range is 127-133. I'm currently trying to gain a bit to get back to my center weight of 130. Gaining produces anxiety, even when I'm purposefully trying to gain.

-Mica
  • trooworld
    Options
    Trooworld
    Friday
    PW: 247.8
    CW: 246.2

-1.6 lbs
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 That's an interesting idea but I also have that fat pad syndrome which feels like I have a big bruise on the bottom of my heel, so jumping up and down and landing on that doesn't sound like it would feel good lol. But I'll look into it, thanks for asking about it for me! :D And thanks, I am trying! Oh poor little Maggie! I would go under the bed, too. I think I read that book and enjoyed it, found it informative. A retreat in the mountains sounds fun! Good luck with the keto, if you decide to do it. I hear you on your answer to the question...I do it, too!

@askewcr Have you been back to the doctor again about the cough? Is it supposed to linger like this? Go get it!!!

@tfelts147 Congrats on the loss! Yay for feeling better about yourself!

@Veta2018 Sounds like you've been busy. That's funny about your FitBit tracking like that. Good luck with your 5K, you've got this. Sorry about your phone.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Yes, I did step out of my comfort zone. I felt very vulnerable talking about my piece, exposed even. It was therapeutic! It sounds like you have a good therapist, I'm glad you have him. Let me know how that recipe turns out with dried beans, I may make it again and sub a different kind of bean. Thank you! I'm trying with the water! Cramps...do you eat bananas? Maybe a daily banana or two would help. I've always heard they help with leg cramps. Wow, what a great place to walk! I would love that. I'm glad you got that relaxing time in. Your poor ankle, I didn't realize you are still having trouble with it.

@Cornanda Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I'm happy to say I lost 1.6 lbs this week. I really couldn't take another gain, so I am grateful for this loss. Yesterday started off badly: I accidentally poured my 1/4 cup of chili-lime spicy pistachios on my berries and yogurt instead of the 1/4 cup of granola I brought. I couldn't eat it so I had to go to the cafe. I did make a pretty good choice: I got a scramble but I did get potatoes with it. I didn't need to eat much lunch because the scramble kept me full. I met my water intake from yesterday, which is good. We'll see how I do today: I tend to neglect water when at home.

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, only ate the snacks I brought, drank 108 oz of water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - Great pics of the county park. Continued prayers sent your way. There inducing labor on Monday. Little Carson will be here soon. Can't wait till his little head is resting on my shoulder.
    @micaroo4 - I understand your anxiety of putting on a couple pounds to stay at a good weight. It can be a little nerve wrecking that it doesn't get out of control. It is a huge adjustments to maintain after so long of losing.
    @Cornanda - Congratulations on the loss!
    @trooworld - Great loss, congratulations! Those good choices and staying hydrated is really paying off.

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Nice losses, @Cornanda & @trooworld!

@trooworld – I would consider your time at the gallery a success! I’m gonna try the bean recipe (hopefully) this weekend. And I finally bought peas last night to try the pasta. I do eat a banana every morning with my tea. I also take a 500mg magnesium supplement. It’s just not working. It sucks being woken up with cramps an hour before the alarm goes off. And yes, still having ankle problems. I went back to the doctor and he said the pain I’m feeling is scar tissue. Figures. I don’t think the potatoes for your breakfast was bad – taters are delicious and filling!

@Veta2018 – I’m so excited for you! Just a few more days! Babies are the BEST!

Well, I did good with food up until about 8pm. I had 6 calories left and I was so determined to not eat anything else. Well, that’s hard to do when you’re babysitting a little until MIDNIGHT. I am pretty mad at myself…I ended up eating about ¾ of a vegan chocolate bar…not such a bad choice until I mention that I don’t like chocolate, so I ate it with peanut butter. Yes. Every bite had to have peanut butter. That triggered me to want to eat even more. So I ended up with a huge bowl of Cheerios Berry Oat Crunch and soy milk. Probably about 3 cups each. So yeah. Ended the night over calories by around 1,000. Oh the self-hate is kicking in really good. Here’s to another day of trying…
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Username: ninyagwa
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW: 317
    CW: 321
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hey Team!
    Sorry I've been so MIA. Work has been just crazy busy. I hope to be able to manage to be more active this upcoming week.