TGIF Cup of Joe ~ 5/10/24

Options
manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,663 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”
― Mark Twain

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,663 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

Princess Crazy Eyes is almost back to full function and her fur is finally growing back in. She is going back outside again, although limited. The best PT has been her following DW for long walks around the property. She still doesn't fully flex the knee when in a sitting position so her foot sticks out a bit, but I am pretty happy with her recovery considering the injury.
    Judging a hunt test Saturday and running the girls on Sunday.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 6,976 Member
    Options
    TGIF G'Morning~
    • Up early with Doggo's! Tucker is ready to have "his home" back!!!!
    • Couldn't get Lilly to do her thing; and now Tucker won't eat breakfast. C'Mon 4:15p!
    • DSIL and Nieces visiting DW tomorrow and DBIL/DSIL on Mothers Day for Brunch. DW not really in mood for company, but so it goes. This will be a hard weekend for her.
    • It's still raining here (remnants now from Midwest storms). No Vette time this weekend. Ugh!
    • Good luck on RV acquisition, Mary! Hope you and Tom get a great inspection report!
    • Good to hear Princess is "back on the prowl" outside!

Cheers,
    Skip

• louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited May 10
    Options
    Good morning.

Sounds like Lee has a full weekend coming up and Lily has a full colon.

I've been so busy lately that I hadn't given any thought to Mother's Day. My mom stopped caring about it when her mom passed. Last Mother's Day was the last good day I had with Mom though. That's when we went on our "date" to the ALS benefit and she wore lipstick and nail polish for the first time in several months. Also the last.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,903 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Going to be our first really warm day of the year - high 80s. That's nothing for you Southerners, but it's like July up here. Looking forward to it.

I got some heavy madrone logs from a friend, yesterday. Today, I spend with chainsaw in hand, processing logs into turnable blanks.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited May 10
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Yes, Mother's Day can be bitter sweet.
    • I'm glad to hear Princess Crazy Eye's got the thumbs up from her 'Orthopedist'. Now we'll see if I can get the same.
    • It started raining hard here yesterday just about the time I had to leave for PT.
    • I have a call coming up with one of my financial guys. We're trying to figure out how to invest my 27¢ so it will last a lifetime.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Skip I encourage Carrie to stay off socials on Sunday and probably Monday too. It's heart-rending. At least this year.

Dave what a happy memory.

Chill day today. Headed to the gym now then Ron has a 90 minute massage and Spanish class this afternoon. I need to prep some veggies we bought yesterday.

Went out to dinner after expat happy hour and now we are going on winery excursion and a sunset cruise this month. Fun. Hopefully it won't interfere with out quick trip to Phoenix to pick up Ron's drivers license
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,126 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon. At this time tomorrow I’ll be in sunny Florida. Woo hoo

Thinking of all those who’ve lost their moms this Mother’s Day.

Glad crazy eyes is doing well.
    Good luck this weekend with all the family skip

We’re headed north tonight for Mother’s Day dinner with Reilly and his wife, Natalie. So weird to say “ wife,”

• LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,615 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,
    Almost 4:15 Skip, suggest cards from you and Tucker for Carrie and reminding Carrie that mom went the way she planned and that she is no longer suffering.
    Knee repaired and should be good for a few years, just cannot do much for a couple weeks.
    Pablo spent 24 hours at Lodge and is sound asleep now. I have neighbors who have volunteered to walk him next few days.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Thats a nice date memory with your Mom, Lou.

I love that Tom and I planted two lilacs at our home, one mother's day, one for each of our Moms. They both are in full bloom for this weekend.

We have my stepgrand-daughters 17th bday gtg tomorrow afternoon at a park shelter. Mostly for her friends but the grandparents got an invite too. Should be sunny in the mid 60s. Better than most this week. Its been raining a lot and cooler.

We signed the RV contract to purchase this afternoon. Final walk through and delivery will be Fri May 24.

Dh is watching the Tom Brady roast. Ehh not really my thing.

Hope you all sleep tight.