Coach Liv

greetingsliv63
greetingsliv63 Posts: 5 Member
The aim of the group is to help others with a flexible eating plan by calculating deficit macros to lose .5-2 lbs per week safely. To learn more about flexible eating, I recommend you read, "You Can't Screw This Up", by Adam Borenstein.

I am inviting anyone to this group who would like to lose 10-35 lbs with me. I am losing weight to compete in the Whitney Jones Classic physique competition October 5th, 2024 in Mesa, Arizona. I am a 60+ year old athlete. I started at 167lbs. Two weeks later I am 164lbs. I am on a slow and steady downward slope because I am trying to maintain as much of my hard earned muscle I put on in the past year. My goal is to decrease mostly body fat. I'm about 30% body fat and looking to trim down to 15% body fat for competition.

I am an ACE certified personal trainer and will be assisting group members with macros calculations and adjustments. I can also provide fitness programming upon request. This support group is estimated to support you until October 2024. If you are needing support longer, you will receive it. This will be a safe and confidential group. The aim of the group is to help others with a flexible eating plan by calculating deficit macros to lose .5-2lbs per week safely. The only rules for this group are:
  • Be kind
  • Maintain confidentiality
  • Ask questions
  • Do NOT discuss politics or religion
We are always better together.

Coach Liv ox 🦋🏋️‍♂️💪👙❤️

Replies

• colzola
    colzola Posts: 32 Member
    Coach Liv, I am interested in your group. I am female, 73, I currently weigh 148#, 5'3" I have been successful losing weight on MFP during the fall and now I am back up due to starting a part time job and I quit posting and tracking. Maybe TMI, but would love to hear more about Macros, eating and being the most fit and vibrant I can into the future. What next?
  • gntr73
    gntr73 Posts: 9 Member
    Hello your group is where I need to be. I am 69 in July and been into health and fitness my whole life. However, gained 20 lbs due to Covid and moving etc. I am tracking my food and lifting weights and walking. Dropped 3 lbs first week and working at keeping my muscle mass also. I sure could use some knowledge on this. I also weigh myself on A body composition scale daily that tells 13 areas of body composition. I would like to learn more about macros for my age. Currently weigh 158 and 5'4". Glad to meet you!
  • greetingsliv63
    Hi Ladies!

Macros is short for macronutrients which include three food groups:
    1. Protein
    2. Fats
    3. Carbohydrates

Instead of adhering to a fixed meal plan, your macro nutrients can be calculated to meet your weight management of either losing, maintaining, or gaining (yes, some people need to gain weight). Your age, height, and activity level are used to calculate the amount of food within these three macronutrients to achieve your goal. Your macros are adjusted as your weight changes. For example, when losing weight, your metabolism downshifts. Lighter people burn less calories. In order to continue losing weight, your macros have to be adjusted so your calories are in the deficit.

Please contact me for more information and help.

Coach Liv
  • greetingsliv63
    Ladies,

I am sorry for the late reply. I wasn't sure I was going to get any interest in my the weight loss support group I started. I will be live on Google Meets (video conference) today, Thursday, May 23rd, at 5pm Arizona time to discuss flexible eating with macros. I hope you can join me at https://meet.google.com/ayf-qzjp-ojc.

Coach Liv
  • greetingsliv63
    paao3630ip8c.jpg

Hi MFP participants!

I hope you are all happy and healthy. I am on week 2 of my weight loss journey. My goal is to lose 47lbs. Thus far, I am happy to announce I have lost 6 whopping lbs with flexible eating by tracking macros. My protein is quite high, nearly 1 gram per lb of my current body weight. My carbs are low, and my fats are a little higher than normal for me to support my hormonal system.

First I'm going to remind you of my why. My why is a I'm a 60 year old bodybuilder and I want to compete in a physique contest in October. If I don't lose my derriere and my thighs, I will compete in the wellness division. If I lose them, then I will compete in bikini. My goal is to lose 8lbs per month and I am on track.

I won't tell you my weight loss journey is all roses. There are some hard days but I continue to lift weight, keep up my steps, and perform 20 mins of cardio with stationary biking through the hard days.

As a coach I have the knowledge to support you on your weight management journey, especially if you are experiencing perimenopause, menopause, and post menopause. There is no reason to go through the journey alone flailing. Contact me for help with reaching your goals. I have lots of tricks, tips, tools, and resources that will help you achieve your goals.

Coach Liv