No News Feed

Options
poisonesse
poisonesse Posts: 572 Member
Guys, they're going to kill the news feed on MFP. That means that we're all going to have a terrible time trying to stay in touch, and it's going to take a LOT more time. I've already seen some of my buddies looking for new homes (one is going to Fat Secret). Are we going to stay here? Or is everyone going to look for another new home together?

Replies

• Gabizcc
    Gabizcc Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I’m staying here. We’ll have to find a way to keep our family together. I bet MFP will get a lot of push back from taking newsfeed away - let’s hope it doesn’t happen or some new form of newsfeed stays. When I asked support, they said newsfeed would be still be accessible under the “more” tab on the mobile app. I’m not sure about the desktop version
  • kcstar73
    kcstar73 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This will take some getting used to for me if this is where we will post from now on. Hope I can remember how to return here and/or keep track of replies from everyone! Sheesh.
  • poisonesse
    Options
    Well, from everything I've read on the forums, with MFP posting to answer questions, as of the end of June the news feed is going to be removed, completely, with no intentions of restarting it. The code is too old to work with their hyper ads, and they don't consider themselves a social site, so us chatting is VERY low on their priority list. We can hope, but it won't change a thing, money is talking to MFP and money always wins.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    I will keep checking in here when I can and will decide which works best for the future but it would be great to stay in touch.
  • sclady21
    sclady21 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm staying
  • poisonesse
    Options
    I'll be sticking it out, but if it gets to be too much, I'll probably move over to Lose It. Quite a few have started accounts there, they DO have a news feed, they have a free and paid service, and let's face it, MFP has the largest food database of all the major apps. They also have the most INACCURATE! So if I can't keep up with my buddies, there's really no reason to stay here. I have to log, I have to hold myself responsible or I might slide back. And if I can't say hi to my friends often, MFP holds nothing for me. Years of records, but that's it.
  • momopeach32
    momopeach32 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely staying. I've been using this app for far too long and have a larger social base on here, plus I've gotten used to using it since Calorie Count went away. Which, in my opinion, had a much better social concept behind it, because CLEARLY all of us got to know one another through it!! Used to love posting daily updates and getting kudos and encouragement from random strangers. Now you're not all random strangers anymore, but friends <3
  • momopeach32
    momopeach32 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    UPDATE - Just for funsies, I'm researching other calorie counting apps and found one called MyNetDiary that actually functions and looks a bit like CalorieCount did. The daily calorie goal functions more like the "net calories" feature that the old site did which means you get a "green" mark at the end of the day by staying under a slightly higher goal, so if you have SLIGHTLY more food than usual the app doesn't tell you you had a BAD RED DAY, it's still "on track." I just logged my entire first day of food on there and it literally only took me a couple of minutes, AND the barcode scanner is free on the regular version of the app.

I'm not abandoning you guys, but I've had a hard time with this app and figured I'd explore something fresh to see if it helps me. This site has too many issues and this newsfeed thing made me pretty angry this week, and the infrastructure just isn't motivating and positive. Too many "red" days on days I actually met my goals, just went over 20 cals.
  • poisonesse
    Options
    @momopeach32 Oh, I seriously loved CC's format! You could connect with so many more people and yet it was still personal! Do keep us updated please!!!