Week 3 on Metformin

alainaswain3698
alainaswain3698 Posts: 11 Member
I increased my dose of Metformin to 1 pill 3x daily from 1pill 2x daily. I also started Mounjaro last week. I lost 3 lbs since last week. Giving me a 5.4 lb total weight loss. I also feel pretty good. No side effects with my medications. I ordered a glucose monitoring kit so I can start checking my blood sugar. My BP still fluctuates, which I think is from work related stress. Thankfully I will be taking some PTO time in 2 weeks so that should help.

Replies

• JudyValentine3
    JudyValentine3 Posts: 70 Member
    Good job on the weight loss. When I was put on Metformin, I was prescribed 2 pills, 2 times a day right off the bat. I use the freestyle Libre 2 sensors to monitor my daily glucose. I love it.
    My blood pressure is still a little high, but I'm pretty sure if I exercise more it would go down.
    Best of luck!
  • alainaswain3698
    alainaswain3698 Posts: 11 Member
    My bp has improved since I started eating healthier, and moving more. I am starting out slowly with exercise by walking, and doing 10 minutes on the elliptical machine to start, as I haven’t been on it in a while. It has helped. I also started using the calm app on my phone to do short meditation exercises before and after work, and before bed to help me relax.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,621 Member
    I think the calm app is a good strategy for stress. The exercise is going to help too.