COVID

Options
misterhub
misterhub Posts: 6,310 Member
After 4 years and 11 negative tests, I finally popped positive for COVID. Not fun. The good news is that I have felt worse. The bad news is that I still feel pretty bad. Have a video appt with the doctor to try and get paxlovid prescribed. Hopefully, that goes smoothly. I'm in pretty good spirits despite the irritating cough and stuffy head.

Replies

• Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Get well soon Greg.
  • Flintwinch
    Flintwinch Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I hope you recover quickly and fully. I mask in public indoor places and hope to continue to avoid Covid. My wife has had Long Covid for several years with resulting chronic fatigue. Hopefully we'll be able to get an updated Covid vaccine in the Fall along with the annual flu vaccine.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 4,000 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, but glad you got tested so you know what’s happening. (I made it about three years, and only tested myself because what seemed like a cold wasn’t going away.)
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    Options
    Get well Greg.

It wasn’t the worst cold I’d ever had but the cough was weird and hung around for a while. I had my bout in the Delta Variant days so I figured it was that. And after double vax and 2 boosters.
  • misterhub
    Options
    crewahl wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that, but glad you got tested so you know what’s happening. (I made it about three years, and only tested myself because what seemed like a cold wasn’t going away.)

I tested because I had a 100F temp.
  • misterhub
    Options
    Thank you, everyone. I appreciate it.
  • misterhub
    Options
    Back in the office as of today. Still have a cough that won't go away, and I am still dealing with energy issues - especially around 12pm - 1pm. It's like my body totally wants to shut down during that timeframe. I have been resolving that with a short, intense nap while working from home. Probably not a good idea at work. lol