Thursday Cup of Joe ~ 5/30/24

Options
manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”
― Mark Twain

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

How's the little Mother Tucker?
    Am feeling guilty about leaving my pooches for 10 days. The cat, not so much. Maybe a little, but I am not the cat's world, like I am for the doggos.
    Poured rain overnight. Still spitting.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Our canine friends do get attached. If I go out in the shop for half an hour, Sassy greets me, when I come back in, like I have been gone for a month.

Packing up for a hike in Olympic National Park, today. Should be a good one.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    GM~
    • Rain delayed arrival home - but #MotherTucker was with DW in the SUV and went *kitten* nuts! Love this ole boy!
    • Off again this morning to an event in OC, Maryland. DW staying home with him. I'll come home Sunday.
    • Glad to hear the worst is behind you, Kelly!

Cheers,
    Skipper
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Have a great walkabout, Dave.
    • Happy travels Lee and Skip.
    • Someone from the church is picking up our sofa this morning. Going to a woman new to the area who has nothing. Our new reclining loveseat comes next Tuesday.
    mqo8veu9usbs.png
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

It's so good to see you spending your inheritance. :) what a good reminder to enjoy your money while you can. Especially if it increases your happiness

Our mindset on money shifted a bit in 2023. We have plenty, we have no heirs and let's enjoy it while we can. Mostly increased budget on housing, massages and personal care. No more cutting my own hair or making do without quality shampoo. Plus I don't look at prices on menus anymore. We don't really eat out ,much so it doesn't really make that much of a difference.

Yoga this morning then expat happy hour this afternoon. My library card is expiring at the end 9f the month so the race is on to finish my book. Then I'll need to figure out a new plan.

• kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon

Yep, the dentist is definitely done until August. Whew. No pain today so that’s great.

I’m dog sitting a dog that’s terrified of its own shadow. It has a harness on so I feel like I have to coax it outside to go potty. This could be a long 8 days. I have faith though. I’ve been around this dog for over 3 months now. It’s rescue from a puppy mill. The breed is havanease. I don’t think that’s the correct spelling.

Nice new chairs Dennis!

Enjoy your hike Dave.

I like your style Steph. One day, I can retire too I’m hoping.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Spend it is right, since we can't take it with us $$!

Nice loveseat Dennis. I have one similar, 2 actually, one at each home and I love them.

You'll have a great trip with dgs Lee!!!

Goid luck dog sitting Kelly

Welcome back Skip to be on your way again!

Have a good one BBB!
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Well said, Steph!
    We are childless too - so we have nobody to "prop up" - and live well. We plan, but enjoy the moment too.

Glad to hear you are doing okay, Kelly!

I miss #Tucker! Three more days at OC before returning home.