2»

Replies

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    May Goals

Mileage tracked 55 / 80
    Apple Challenge: 12 workouts of 5 minutes or more for the month. 12/12 ✅

@Irishewes Welcome to our little group. Happy to have you. You chose a great DVD to get started with.

@texasgardnr Hope you are above water down there.

@zichab Looking forward to hearing how your mini-cation went.

I did a walking with weight session this morning. A quick 13 minutes to get my body going again. With chances of rain over the next couple of days, I'll be keeping my workout inside. I'm starting to look at next month, and I'm wondering if I should attempt some miracle miles.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    There was a new 1-mile power walk on the Walk at Home YouTube page. I did that this morning and followed up with 5 minutes of arm training with weights.

It looks like it will be a pleasant day but we're expecting storms overnight.
    Ry put up a new surveillance camera on the garage to replace 1 that has been flaking out. We're considering putting up 1 or 2 more on the back of the house for security coverage and to get the skyline to the west. We can get some nice sunsets but it's neat to see the storm roll in from the West too.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    It's my Birthday = Rest Day!!
  • Deeder522
    Options
    Today I got up and got right back into a workout. A 25-minute walking with weights workout from Improved Health. My watch measured just over a mile of walking. My arms measured completely tired after that workout. Different moves every 30 seconds for the main workout. There is also a warm-up & cool-down built in as well.

It was needed after Birthday Starbucks, Panera pastry, Soomthie, and Chinese. I had to split the smoothie in half. 24oz is just too much.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    I let work get in the way of my workouts this weekend. As we don't do much for the holiday, I should be able to get some good minutes tomorrow.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    May Goals

Mileage tracked 75 / 80
    Apple Challenge: 12 workouts of 5 minutes or more for the month. 12/12 ✅

Well, I ended up going to brunch with some friends and then watched 2 movies on the couch. 🤷🏼‍♀️

We're in the final days of May, let's finish strong to give some good momentum going into June.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    I started out this morning with a good quick 12-minute walk with Improved Health. I like that we change movement every 30 seconds. It keeps it interesting. I also found that she does monthly workout calendars that are posted on her website. This might be a nice change up @zichab.

Hope everyone is doing ok.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,459 Member
    edited May 29
    Options
    May Goals: Accumulate More than the 88 miles achieved in March on my Garmin!
    May 1-Miles 2.3: Total Garmin Miles 2.3
    May 2-Miles 1.7: Total Garmin Miles 4.0
    May 3-Miles 1.1: Total Garmin Miles 5.1
    May 4-WAH: 2 Mile Power Walk: Miles 3.0: Total Garmin Miles 8.1
    May 5-WAH: 1 Mile Heart Healthy: Miles 2.6: Total Garmin Miles 10.7
    May 6-WAH-1 Mile Happy Walk: Miles 4.2: Total Garmin MIles 14.9
    May 7-Miles 1.7: Total Garmin Miles 16.6
    May 8-WAH: 1 Mile Happy Walk: Miles 2.3: Total Garmin Miles 18.9
    May 9-Miles 1.5: Total Garmin Miles 20.4
    May 10-Miles 1.6: Total Garmin Miles 22
    May 11-WAH: 1 Mile Happy Walk: Miles 2.5: Total Garmin Miles 24.5
    May 12-Miles 1.1: Total Garmin Miles 25.6
    May 13-Miles 1.6: Total Garmin Miles 27.2
    May 14-Miles 2.0: Total Garmin Miles 29.2
    May 15-Miles 1.4: Total Garmin Miles 30.6
    May 16-Miles 1.6: Total Garmin Miles 32.2
    May 17-Miles 1.8: Total Garmin Miles 34
    May 18-Miles 1.2: Total Garmin Miles 35.2
    May 19-Miles 1.4: Total Garmin Miles 36.6
    May 20-Miles 1.9: Total Garmin Miles 38.5
    May 21-Miles 1.8: Total Garmin Miles 40.3
    May 22-Miles 1.9: Total Garmin Miles 42.2 Happy Birthday @Deeder522!!!!!
    May 23-Miles 2.0: Total Garmin Miles 44.2
    May 24-Miles 2.4: Total Garmin Miles 46.6
    May 25-Miles 1.3: Total Garmin Miles 47.9
    May 26-Miles 1.3: Total Garmin Miles 49.2
    May 27-Miles 1.8: Total Garmin Miles 51
    May 28-Miles 1.8: Total Garmin Miles 52.8
    Things kind of went off the rails here in both good and bad ways! The good is that we went to the knee replacement class and also to the anesthesia class. Next is the physical therapy class and we should be prepared!!! I did not have this many classes to have a baby for goodness sake!!! :laugh: He starts breathing into a spirometer tomorrow and begins antiseptic showers on Saturday, so the process is finally beginning.
    We put off our vacation by one week so we could take our new truck, which we got last Thursday! My goodness new vehicles have so much technology!!! This truck tells us how it is doing health wise and when it needs to go to the shop for service. LOL We have not driven an automatic in 49 years, so that is taking some getting used to as we slam our foot into the floor every time we want to stop! We still have our car, which is a stick, so that may continue for awhile. :blushing:
    We spent the weekend at the St. Lawrence Seaway and had a great time as 3 Lakers, 2 tankers and 1 salty went through the lock in 7.5 hours. That hardly ever happens, but they said they were backed up as some ships wanted to get into the lakes before the holiday. It was a nice relaxing long weekend away from the mountains, but we were glad to see them on the way back. :smile:
    The best news is that we seem to have gotten rid of the mice!!!! We got 6 of them in traps and there have not been anymore for 9 days. I need to be more diligent putting dryer sheets around the heat pipes as that is what they travel around the house on. We cannot figure out how they get in as the house was totally sealed and resided 5 years ago, but everything I read says all it takes is a tiny whole and we did not reside under the deck so maybe they come in there.
    Clearly, I am way off my workout goal and next month will probably not be much better as I will be taking care of Dennis, but I really want to get a workout in at least every other day because the scale is not being kind to me at all!!!! :grumble: Tomorrow we will be gone all day getting haircuts, shopping for 3 weeks, going to DMV and the physical therapy class and generally getting set so I do not have to leave Dennis alone for a couple of weeks. My hope is that I can work out while he is resting/reading/on his iPad etc, but somehow, I think I may be running around getting stuff done then. I have that Weight Loss workout from Improve Health loaded and I am going to check out her calendars as maybe that will help me get back on track! We'll see how it goes! :bigsmile:
  • Deeder522
    Options
    Last night, I did a single lap with Ryan around the farm field.
    This morning was 2 miles with Jessica.

I can't believe the surgery is finally happening for you & Dennis, @zichab!
    Woo-whoo, to being mice-free again. When we switched from a manual to an automatic, it took me a while to stop slamming my foot into the floor. Now almost 8 years later I still do that once in a great while. lol
  • Deeder522
    Options
    2 miles with Leslie to end the month of May.
    It's hard to believe it's nearly June. It feels like we were just figuring out how to jump-start the year.

• Irishewes
    Irishewes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to organize a schedule for walking. Only got 4 miles in for May. June will be much better!
  • Deeder522
    Options
    Irishewes wrote: »
    I'm still trying to organize a schedule for walking. Only got 4 miles in for May. June will be much better!

I'll be cheering you on!
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    May Goals: Accumulate More than the 88 miles achieved in March on my Garmin!
    May 1-Miles 2.3: Total Garmin Miles 2.3
    May 2-Miles 1.7: Total Garmin Miles 4.0
    May 3-Miles 1.1: Total Garmin Miles 5.1
    May 4-WAH: 2 Mile Power Walk: Miles 3.0: Total Garmin Miles 8.1
    May 5-WAH: 1 Mile Heart Healthy: Miles 2.6: Total Garmin Miles 10.7
    May 6-WAH-1 Mile Happy Walk: Miles 4.2: Total Garmin MIles 14.9
    May 7-Miles 1.7: Total Garmin Miles 16.6
    May 8-WAH: 1 Mile Happy Walk: Miles 2.3: Total Garmin Miles 18.9
    May 9-Miles 1.5: Total Garmin Miles 20.4
    May 10-Miles 1.6: Total Garmin Miles 22
    May 11-WAH: 1 Mile Happy Walk: Miles 2.5: Total Garmin Miles 24.5
    May 12-Miles 1.1: Total Garmin Miles 25.6
    May 13-Miles 1.6: Total Garmin Miles 27.2
    May 14-Miles 2.0: Total Garmin Miles 29.2
    May 15-Miles 1.4: Total Garmin Miles 30.6
    May 16-Miles 1.6: Total Garmin Miles 32.2
    May 17-Miles 1.8: Total Garmin Miles 34
    May 18-Miles 1.2: Total Garmin Miles 35.2
    May 19-Miles 1.4: Total Garmin Miles 36.6
    May 20-Miles 1.9: Total Garmin Miles 38.5
    May 21-Miles 1.8: Total Garmin Miles 40.3
    May 22-Miles 1.9: Total Garmin Miles 42.2 Happy Birthday @Deeder522!!!!!
    May 23-Miles 2.0: Total Garmin Miles 44.2
    May 24-Miles 2.4: Total Garmin Miles 46.6
    May 25-Miles 1.3: Total Garmin Miles 47.9
    May 26-Miles 1.3: Total Garmin Miles 49.2
    May 27-Miles 1.8: Total Garmin Miles 51
    May 28-Miles 1.8: Total Garmin Miles 52.8
    May 29-Miles 1.3: Total Garmin Miles 54.1
    May 30-Miles 2.6: Total Garmin Miles 56.7
    May 29-Miles 3.1: Total Garmin Miles 59.8
    Well, that is a long way from 88 miles for sure! :grumble: