June Chat Thread, Anyone?

Options
BrightEyedAgain
BrightEyedAgain Posts: 256 Member
Hello!! With so many of us wandering over here, I thought it might be nice to have a single thread to get the conversation going while the leaders decide how to manage things.

Replies

• eturtlet
    eturtlet Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like this idea. Keep all the chatting in the same place. A good place for our daily posts so they're not everywhere.
  • BrightEyedAgain
    Options
    Testing 123... it ate my last post
  • eturtlet
    Options
    I see one post from 3:18PM
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Angeandlyon started a group on Facebook. It is super easy to communicate there, almost like our old newsfeed! They're posting pics of meals, themselves, pets, exercises, challenges, food, you name it. And you can reply directly to them instead of tagging everyone. It's not a place for logging, but right now, I have 4 places to log and none to really chat, so FB is doing a good job. If anyone's interested, the group is https://www.facebook.com/groups/864807388824465 And pass it along, we might as well get all of our buddies in on it.
  • BrightEyedAgain
    Options
    @eturtlet Thanks! I had reposted my newsfeed post earlier, but MFP ate it, saying I wasn't aloud to reply to myself. So, basically, because I started the thread. I couldn't post again until someone else did. Guess y'all will get tomorrow's post instead because I'm too tired tonight.

@poisonesse thanjs! I'm not on FB, but I'm glad you're finding a way that works well for you.
  • kcstar73
    kcstar73 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm here, kcstar73. Also on MND but planning to stay here too. I like the idea of organizing the threads here under community. Seems like it ought to work as well here as on MND once people get the hang of it. I don't want to lose touch with friends who plan to stay with MFP only.
  • eturtlet
    Options
    Food was decent. And another wine skip day which is always good. Not sure why Garmin has my calorie burn so high. Seems a bit unusual. I haven't dug through it yet to figure out why. My only exercise was an evening walk.

Looking forward to some rain. The pollen is ridiculous. Everything is yellow. My sneakers were yellow from walking in the grass.

Lots of helicopters yesterday evening. Turns out someone jumped off a boat in the reservoir and never resurfaced. I guess they had dive teams, police and helicopters. In my 19 years here I don't think I've ever heard of anyone drowning there. I don't think you're supposed to swim in it and most of it isn't very deep, 4 to 6 feet. There are deeper parts though.

Coping my regular post here.
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Ok, MND. It's a lot easier to log foods there, and it does seem pretty accurate. Pretty, not perfectly. But the social aspect over there is really bad for me. I joined our group over there yesterday, but on the computer app it doesn't even show up, says I have no groups. So right now, I'm logging on MFP, logging on MND, running over to LoseIt to check on my friends, and posting/chatting/doing challenges on Facebook. I can't keep this up, there aren't enough hours in the day. No idea what I'm going to end up with, but because I'm set up here, I'll probably stay here. AND somewhere else, but no idea where. 🤣🤣
  • kcstar73
    Options
    @poisonesse It's the same for me. I like logging foods there better than on MFP. I realized that right away--and so far. I've only been there for a few days, so we'll see if that continues. I'm not crazy about the social interaction--it feels a little jumbled to follow as smoothly, for me at least. I do wish it were possible to continue that with my laptop, too. Oh, well. So, I'll be staying around here also as I know I have some friends who are not moving off from here and don't want to lose them. I found in an old email on my computer that I'd tried Loseit at some point years ago. I think I remember not being impressed with the database or food information at that time and quitting it. I never tried the social part of it, though. Hope you find what works--that's the most important thing for me right now. You sound like you've done very well, though, and will continue to wherever you land.
  • eturtlet
    Options
    I guess I'll post here until the end. I still have the feed. I'm also on the Calorie Count People group as well a My Net Calories. OK food day. Not much exercise just an evening walk at the college. It was a drive in work day so not much time. Traffic seems extra wild and crazy.

Another no alcohol day. I was a bit tempted to cave but resisted. I had to be up for another drive into work day so thought it was not the best choice. I slept terrible any way. I think this happen to me two Wednesday's ago. I think I get excited about not driving in any more and end up awake all night because I'm excited.

The thought of looking into two work days after I stop full time has deserted my mind. I just want to get out. I don't like some recent changes that are going on. Have to admit my timing is perfect. My husband is helping his cousin sale the cousin's boat from the mainland out to and island they have a cottage on. It's one of his first real. 'I'm retired I can do whatever I want outings.' He's not missing work one itty bit.
  • BrightEyedAgain
    Options
    I've about decided not to fool with MND. Technology isn't my strong suit, and I don't want to spend the energy learning a new site. Right now my desire is to rekindle my interest in fitness after a very disjointed few months. My weight has been slowly drifting in the wrong direction, and I can feel stirrings of a familiar hopelessness that I don't want to give in to. So, I am going back to basics before things get out of hand.

On a more cheerful note, I'm really pleased with my Summer wardrobe. Lots of dresses with leggings and cute yoga sandals easy to walk jn. It's just the right mix of girly and athletic. My biggest discovery is merino fabric. Merino wool dresses from a company called Wooland. What a gamechanger!! I never would have believed that WOOL could be a comfortable fabric in the humid Georgia heat, but it's breathable, odor resistant and just plain awesome!! My favorite is the reversible midi dress worn with different colored tshirts underneath. Easy peasy.

• kcstar73
    edited June 6
    Options
    @BrightEyedAgain Well, at least you know where to find everyone if/when you do want to consider a switch again. I am at MND and thought at first that it might be more challenging for me to get used to than I wanted to mess with right now. But I spent some time exploring it yesterday and today, and it seems more robust to me than MFP.

I was intrigued when I got a reduced-price offer yesterday for 39.00/yr. Today their offer dropped to 29.00/yr. so, I took it. Now, when I'm on my laptop, I like the paid MND version a whole lot better than the free version or MFP. I plan to use the mobile app for social interaction, and my laptop for everything else. I am also interested in improving my health, and fitness as much as possible; not just in losing weight. I feel like MND will be the better place to get me going again and help keep me on track with the use of their trackers.

Whatever you do, don't give up. Good luck!
  • eturtlet
    Options
    OK food day, not the best. No exercise. It was an in work day after no sleep. I was exhausted when I got home. Not much to report!

@BrightEyedAgain I hope you sort out the exercise. Maybe with all the upheaval this is a good time for reset.

@kcstar73 I agree there's a lot to the MND site. And a lot more with the paid version. I wish I'd get the discount offer! Maybe I'll cancel it and see what happens.
  • BrightEyedAgain
    Options
    @kcstar73 the price I saw was $69, but I may try again and see if it drops low enough to make it worth a try. I guess I could log both places for awhile if need be. I'll keep an open mind. At least, like @eturtlet said, I know where folks are!

This morning was rough. I had bad dreams all night and woke up exhausted. Bleh. That doesn't happen to me often, thankfully. My day ahead is very full including a session with my new trainer. Not ideal, but it'll be fine. I can rest tomorrow. Meanwhile the scale dropped nicely (and surprisingly) this morning. Hopefully it's a real whoosh and not just water, but it was a nice thing to see after the yucky night! It's a soft rainy day here, the kind I love, and my first stop today is my small group from church. Those ladies are wonderful, so that'll be a nice boost. Hope y'all have a nice day ahead, too!
  • eturtlet
    Options
    A no sleep day is always tough. Hope the tired work out session goes OK.
  • pforde2017
    pforde2017 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I picked up Premium on Mnd for 15 euro here in Ireland. I got in a muddle the first time I tried and next day it had gone down 10 euro. Euro is about one dollar.
  • BrightEyedAgain
    Options
    Had a good strength workout and a lot of socializing yesterday, so today I feel quiet. I did take a nice walk in the neighborhood to stretch my legs and get fresh air. My goal is to walk some on my rest days even if it's more of a stroll. The weather is gorgeous here right now. Of course, what I really need to do is mow the yard, but we won't talk about that...😉
  • kcstar73
    Options
    No worries. That grass will still be there tomorrow. Sounds like a good day :)