Recipes Only Please

Options
DVDBEASTMODE
DVDBEASTMODE Posts: 149 Member
Members share your recipes here in this discussion. This will give us all fun healthy food ideas to share with our members. Let's GO!!!

Replies

• DVDBEASTMODE
    edited June 7
    Options
    Almond Chicken Soup with Sweet Potato, Collards, and Ginger

Yield Serves 4

Ingredients

4 cups chicken stock
    1/2 yellow onion, diced
    1 minced garlic clove
    1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced (2 cups)
    8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
    1/2 cup smooth almond butter
    1 cup collard leaves, coarsely chopped
    2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
    Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
    1 lime, cut into wedges

Directions
    1.Combine the stock, onion, garlic, and sweet potato in a stockpot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the chicken, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
    2.In a small bowl, whisk together the almond butter and 1/2 cup of the soup mixture into a thick paste. Add the collard leaves and ginger to the soup and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in the almond butter paste. Season with salt and pepper.
    3.Ladle the soup into bowls, and squeeze with lime wedge.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    3 ingredient protein pudding (and it's vegetarian)

16 grams jello sugar free cook & serve chocolate pudding
    18 grams muscle feast micellar casein protein powder (i imagine other brands would work)
    7 oz non-fat milk - 8 oz if you're going to refrigerate. i eat it hot. btw, i like to use lactose free as it tastes better to me (and lasts longer in the fridge)

optional: for a little extra chocolate, although this is pretty chocolatey, add a little of your favorite sugar free chocolate or marshmallow syrup. or stir in a mini hershey's zero sugar till it melts after heating.

whisk or blend ingredients together till powder is all incorporated.

either
    heat in microwave for 2 minutes, stopping halway to mix
    or
    heat on stove on low heat, stirring as you go. i always stop no higher than 180 degrees f.

and that's it. 22 grams of protein, tasty chocolate, no added sugars. it's very warming on a cold night while it's hot. the micellar casein absorbs liquid, so if you refrigerate, be sure to add that extra milk.
  • caylapal888
    caylapal888 Posts: 50 Member
    edited June 8
    Options
    Vegan Stovetop Mac & Cheese

Servings: 1-2 People
    Calories: About 650/cals

Ingredients:
    Salted Water or Salted Veggie Broth
    ½ Cup or 56g Dry Macaroni Pasta or other pasta of your choosing
    1 Tbsp. Plant Based Butter
    1 Tbsp. All Purpose Flour
    ¾-1 Cup Unsweetened Plant Milk
    3-4 Slices or ½+ Cup Vegan Cheddar Cheese
    ½ tsp. Nutritional Yeast
    ¼ tsp. Yellow Mustard condiment
    Salt & Black Pepper to taste
    Sprinkle of Cayenne Pepper optional

Instructions:
    • Bring a pot of salted water or salted veggie broth to a boil over high heat.
    • Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box.
    • While the pasta cooks, in a pot, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook until a thick paste forms.
    • Slowly whisk in milk. Whisk out any lumps. Whisk until the mixture thickens.
    • Turn the heat to low.
    • Stir in cheese until completely melted.
    • After the cheese is incorporated, add in the nutritional yeast, yellow mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. Add your sprinkle of cayenne pepper at this stage as well if you wish.
    • Taste the cheese sauce and make sure it is to your liking, then fold in your drained macaroni pasta.
    • Serve immediately.
  • DVDBEASTMODE
    Options
    Thank you both for the great recipes woo hoo so fun
  • DVDBEASTMODE
    edited June 9
    Options
    Avocado Mango Smoothie
    I small avocado
    1/2 cup frozen Mango
    Fage Greek Plain Yogurt 2 percent
    Almond Milk
    Teaspoon of vanilla extract
    10 whole raw almonds
    Agave if you like it a bit sweeter
    Unsweetend Shredded Coconut

Blend it up and enjoy!

Cookies

Makes 6 servings

•2 Medium Ripe Bananas
    •1 Cup of Oatmeal
    •1 Scoop of Protein Powder - Tablespoon Almond Butter for me :)

Optional ~ add crushed walnuts, raisins, dried cranberries, almonds, chocolate chips, coconut flakes… whatever floats your boat!! :) If you add more protein to them, add a splash of almond milk or some melted coconut oil.

Other great takes on this simple recipe include pumpkin spice, pumpkin puree (half and half with the banana), pecans, carob chips… or even vanilla extract, almond extract or cinnamon.

Directions

Mash your peeled bananas in a bowl with a fork ~ mash well! Add protein powder and keep mixing. Depending on how ripe your bananas are, you may need to add a few drops of almond milk or water to make your dough the right consistency. Lastly, mix in the oats. This is also the time you can add any other toppings you like!

Use a spoon to drop the dough on your cookie sheet ~ be sure to coat it with non-stick cooking spray ~ and lightly press down to flatten. This helps it bake better!

Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown! If they are still a little mushy, just bake for a little bit longer.

• zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    i make my sugar free fudge pops with low or non-fat milk, xylitol, cocoa powder and stevia. sometimes i'd use a sugar free chocolate syrup instead, which was tasty but made the pops harder without adding a little heavy cream. you can do the same with sugar free marshmallow syrup.

my next attempt will be sugar-free jello pudding pops...
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Wanna try this
    Chicken Francese

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zh9Lj8Wz40o