June 5-11, 2024

Options
SarahMaxx
SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
LW: 131.4
TW: 130.4

Same ballpark, i.e., somewhere between 130 and 132. It's kind of a daily struggle since hubby literally eats all the time to keep his blood sugar from tanking despite the metformin. And his weight is dropping (and he doesn't need to lose) although his A1C is good now. His summer pants and shorts are all too big and he keeps making jokes about how old men have no *kitten* (it migrates around to their middle). But he does see his doc very regularly, so there not much I say. But as I said, it's hard to keep intake down when it seems the household revolves around shopping for food, cooking food, and eating food.

It's also hard lately to get in my minimum 10K steps. For some reason, my leg muscles--especially in the front just above the knee--just seem to tire out more quickly these days. I think I should try to split my walks and do two shorter ones rather than one long one. That will probably work better with the hot, muggy weather, too. Yesterday, I did my class, but had to scurry to get in my final steps on the TM last night. I am so happy the old TM is working. However, I still hear a faint noise, so I expect that I still have a new one in my not-too-distant future.

Thanks for good wishes for the mammogram. I will be so glad when this appointment is over. I can definitely feel this lump while I could not feel the one my doc thought she felt in December.

Sheesh, your new granddaughter is just absolutely adorable. Looks like she's concentrating hard on getting some words out. And I did not miss that bicep muscle on your arm my friend. Oh my goodness! :smiley: And I'll add that I love the color of your hair in this pic. Someday, I may break down and color mine. For the moment, it's still an ashy gray/blonde. When I'm in warm light, it looks blonde, but in white light, it looks gray to almost white. I was attending a volunteers' meeting the other night that was also being "zoomed" for those who couldn't make it in person. And with the fluorescent lights in that room, I looked very white. I looked at the big screen in the front of the room and was like, "who the heck is that?" :D

Lois, I can't believe you've injured a leg again. Honestly girl! But then at least you're out having a great time when you do all these things. And it can be easy to hurt yourself at an amusement park. A few years ago, hubby had his elbow out a bit when going down a waterslide tube at Kings Dominion, and it hit a bolt of some kind. He didn't realize how badly he was hurt until he hit the pool at the end and one of the staff starting yelling, "Sir, get out of the water quickly. You are bleeding!" And off we went to the local ER for stitches. (And then went right back to the park and picked up where we left off!) I'm glad yours turned out to be a super bruise and not a break.

Well, I'm off to guess where. (Yep--grocery store!) There are storms predicted for the afternoon, so I want to get back here before those hit.

Replies

• GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    LW: 135.4
    TW: 135

Yay. But, probably mostly water loss. I'll take it. I've been logging food, and ladies, that's what works for me on intake.

Lois, my gosh, I'm so sorry about your leg. I'm really glad you got it checked before you kept walking on it. Take care of it. I have to take a baby aspirin every day because of a genetic clotting issue I have. . I always have bruises somewhere on me. You can probably see in the photo. All I have to do is lightly bump something, and there's a bruise. I go through a lot of Arnica gel and Arnica pellets under my tongue which help bruises heal faster. Maybe you'll want to give that a try if it's okay with your doctor. Amazon sells both.

Sarah, thank you for the compliment on my hair color. I just have highlights every couple months. I don't color my whole head. My hair is still dirty blonde / brown except for some wiry grey at my temples, and some in my eyebrows. (which I pull out immediately, lol) As for the bicep, there's more fat on it than I like, hah! My trainer loves to train upper body. I recently told her I'd have to cut back on upper, and focus more on legs because I'm golfing more this year, and I can't have sore arms when I swing the golf club. I've been trying to get 10K steps more often to follow your example. I think walking is really healthy and good for fat loss.

I feel very optimistic about your mammogram. Like Lois, I feel like it's just a lump that women get from time to time. You're so healthy. I can't imagine it's anything serious. Glad your treadmill is working for you, especially with storms on their way.

We're grilling this Sunday for our SIL's birthday . . Lois is it the same day as your hubby's birthday? June 9th? I'm excited to see the granddaughters again this weekend. :)

• SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    Hi, all. I realized that I pulled my 7 day averages yesterday but did not include them. They were:

Steps = 10,594 (4.28 miles)
    Kcals burned = 1,671

Gosh darn, I just can't seem to get those kcals above 1,700. And Sheesh, I agree that logging food is probably the best tool for trying to keep intake somewhat under control. It would also probably help me to log dinner ahead of time and try to keep to the amounts that I've logged. It's so easy to have that extra spoonful or two.

I had intended to get back here last night to put in those averages, but as you may have heard on the news, we were under a tornado warning--not a watch, but a warning. We were in the basement for awhile. Thankfully the cable stayed on so we could watch the local weathermen as they tracked two tornados, including one that traveled almost 50 miles from Leesburg, Virginia, through Montgomery County Maryland, where I live. It kept coming down to the ground consistently as it moved. I have never seen weathermen that animated. They kept calling out spots and saying, "take cover, take cover!" Pretty scary. It came within less than 2 miles of us. Lots of strange noises and power going on and off during all of this. It damaged several houses in Old Towne Gaithersburg, which is about 5 or 6 miles from us. Five people were injured. So as I said, we had grabbed our kitties and headed to the basement, just hoping for the best. We ended up not getting dinner until almost 9:30, which made the evening feel odd and made it hard to get to sleep at a normal time. And of course, I had to be up early to teach a class this morning.

So a little excitement, which I hope is not repeated throughout the summer. :D

And thanks for the encouraging words about my mammogram on Monday, ladies From your lips to God's ears.
  • GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Sarah, I DID see the news about the tornados, and I was thinking of you! I was thinking "oh please don't hit Sarah's house . . she's already had enough with the home repairs!" LOL. There was also a report that a woman and a child were hurt (one might have been killed) while in their bed on the second floor. The news said they had NO warning. So sad. Glad you and your hubby and kitties are safe.

Well, today I had a crown replaced due to it cracking and half of it falling off. I'm wondering what that will cost. Ugh. I had thought it was the one that was done in January that might have been flawed . . . but no, it was an old one from 2001. So, no freebie. Yesterday, I got a Hepatitis A vaccine. Our doctor recommended it prior to our trip to Europe late this month. I was wondering if I should get another Covid booster ??

• Lastchancelj
    Lastchancelj Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Ladies!!

Sarah - thank goodness you were bypassed with tornadoes!!! I have family located at the fringe of tornado alley and I worry for them. Never thought I'd be adding you to the list. So very happy with the news that you're safe. And yes, his birthday is June 9.

Sheesh - I truly wish vaccinations would come in a tablet or syrup form. I despise needles so much.

We survived Disneyland.... leg swelled but it held up. But boy does that quick turn around travel wipe me out. While at Disneyland we were reminded that he shares his birthday with Donald Duck - DD is slightly older... haha.