Tuesday Cuppa Joe: 6.18.24

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
Good morning BBB! Sip your favorite morning brew and settle in…its time for morning roll-call!

"....keep looking up! That's the secret of life." ~Snoopy 🐾🐾🐾

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    GM, BBB
    • Hard to believe 2024 is nearly half over! ZOOOooooooom!
    • Managed to sneak in late late afternoon pool time and happy hour.
    • Tucker has a "pad" on one paw bothering him so keeping a close eye. He'll skip daycare today.
    • Trivia night at one of our new favorite breweries. Gonna check that out for a bit.
    • Are we keeping or still considering "selling" the cleaning biz?
    • C'mon weekend!

Cheers,
    skipper
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

I'm up before the chickens, to take a long drive to a remote trailhead for another hike in the Olympic Mountains.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • I'm up at what feels way too early for an Emmaus Reunion Group meeting. We adjusted our time for a member who went back to work. It's not working for me.
    • HOA meeting later this morning.
    • Runoff election for our districts County Commissioner today.
    • Have a good walkabout Dave.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Resource management Commission meeting tonight, so I'm trying to meter my energy today so no walk around the Capitol today; will also keep me from getting sweaty.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Morning
    I’d love to sell the business but not sure how to navigate thru it all and would it really be worth it?

Meeting with finance guy in the next week or so. Gary has to retire in 1 year and 4 months. We’re making sure all our ducks are in a row. When we started investing 30 years ago the goal was that I’d retire at the same time as him. We’re now considering that gary gets a lateral transfer thru the state and keep all our insurance so we don’t have to pay for mine out of pocket.

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    edited June 18
    Options
    Morning BBB

Whatcha goona do if you retire, Kelly?
    Toe pad injuries heal quickly but you do gotta shut down activity for a couple of days.
    I think I would do a lot more fishing and take a more active role in my hunt clubs, IF I were to retire. But I probably never will.

BBB OP ;-)
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Heading to yoga soon then Mexican train domino's this afternoon. I don't have a plan for lunch so we might go early and have lunch there.

Health care in early retirement is a lot of moving parts. There are definitely some strategies for using ACA and if you can keep your income low enough some decent subsidies. Makes Roth conversion harder and i assume Gary has a pension so might not work for you.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,
    Walked Pablo early this morning hoping to miss heat, went about two miles; need another mile for steps,
    Took DW for PT, me and Pablo got her car washed.
    I'm working on Homeowners and auto insurance, Travelers did not send renewal for Auto; called them and see why, rates up $400 on autos for year with no citations or claims. Of course, when I got quote from AMICA they wanted $8,600 for homeowner's others are coming in around $2,500 for same coverage.
    Enjoy walk Dave,
    Kelly, health insurance can be a real pain, if Gary was in military depending on state you may be able to be on his policy; some states require allowing family and/or spouse coverage when one retires.
    Lee, have to weigh what you enjoy most; lots of folks do not really enjoy retirement.
    Sweaty in Texas, it is part of South; tell others to suck it up.

• mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon

Hot and humid here but I'm in my air conditioned home office lol.

Happy hiking Dave!

I'm heading out tonight for dinner with my bff of 50yrs. We met when were were 10yo. Best friends ever since.

Have a great day BBB!
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Health coverage is why my "retirement" in 4 years is really a halving of my salary and time, but still paying me like full time and letting me work from Brazil.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Locking in health coverage was the reason I took the early retirement package and left hp the first time.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Lou you have a good real going.

We will have 2 pensions and have maxed out IRAS for probably 20 years. Investing in top of that