Living the Lifestyle: Wednesday, 06/19/2024

misterhub
misterhub Posts: 6,531 Member
edited June 19 in Social Groups
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Wildcard
Wednesday-misterhub (Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: Tracking Macronutrients

As I stated in another thread, I don't track macros. They've never seemed important enough to me to put forth the effort. However, I know some of the folks on this board do track their macros.

Do you track your macros? A limited set? A specific one? All of them? If you track them, what is it that you gain, in terms of knowledge, that helps you in your healthy lifestyle or with your weight loss or maintenance efforts?

Replies

• crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 4,308 Member
    I don’t explicitly track macros, and I don't plan my eating around those measurements. Having said that, I’m aware of them simply because I track in MFP, and the nutrition tab gives me some of that insight. I’m more interested in micronutrients where I can see that I generally have more protein and fiber than are required, and that I eat less fat, sugar and carbs than are allowed. My background as a WeightWatcher suggest to me that those are good things. When I’m eating that way, my weight is generally under control.
  • Flintwinch
    Flintwinch Posts: 1,044 Member
    I track with a good tracker and pay some attention to macros, especially protein, saturated fat, fiber and added sugars.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,517 Member
    I don’t track. But I do weigh what I eat and note the calories and protein. I aim to get120 grams protein.
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 3,088 Member
    I don't track, and thus don't track macros. At one point when I was weightlifting I did track macros, mainly because I was shooting for a particular level of protein intake. I remember "getting" to eat a lot of Kind bars at that time! Now I don't have any particular targets so no need to track.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,168 Member
    I haven't been tracking macros. I need to get back on tracking period.