Living the Lifestyle: Wednesday, 06/26/2024

Options
misterhub
misterhub Posts: 6,310 Member
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Wildcard
Wednesday-misterhub (Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: Those Tastebuds

Sweet. Savory/Umami. Salty. Sour. Bitter. The five different types of taste.

Do you have a preference? For your meals? For a snack? For dessert?

Have your taste preferences changed over the years?

Replies

• crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 4,000 Member
    Options
    I’m gonna go with “not sour or bitter”. Of course, I eat Granny Smith apples, but no one is perfectly consistent.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    Options
    Preference- sweet. I lost weight by fighting my sweet tooth to a draw. And the fight is not over.

Change- I don’t do much spicy hot anymore. My stomach objects.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,031 Member
    Options
    I love sweet and I like spicy but not all types of spicy suit my fancy. Example I love tobacco and some other hot sauces. These may not be considered a spice or spicy.

As far as spicy goes I'm not really a huge fan. I'm more of a southern cooking guy which fixed properly as quote southern is not all that healthy for you.

I have to make a decision often daily about sweets. While I love them and the taste. The sugar in them is about as bad for you as it gets.
  • Flintwinch
    Flintwinch Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    imastar2 wrote: »
    I love sweet and I like spicy but not all types of spicy suit my fancy. Example I love tobacco and some other hot sauces. These may not be considered a spice or spicy.

As far as spicy goes I'm not really a huge fan. I'm more of a southern cooking guy which fixed properly as quote southern is not all that healthy for you.

I have to make a decision often daily about sweets. While I love them and the taste. The sugar in them is about as bad for you as it gets.

Tobacco sauce?
  • Flintwinch
    Flintwinch Posts: 864 Member
    edited June 26
    Options
    Yes to sweet! In combination, I like all other tastes. Dessert has to be sweet. Snacks I prefer some saltiness. I lose a pound of sweat with highly spiced foods,
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,031 Member
    Options
    Whoops! Flintwinch I think spell check got me and I didn't correct it to Tabasco sauce. Haven't had any type of tobacco in over 56 years. 🙂