Britt's Way Back H(OMAD)

drbriPhD
drbriPhD Posts: 8 Member
edited July 17 in Social Groups
I just might be screaming into the void, but the last time I truly felt at home on this journey was in this community. I'm Britt, and I posted quite a bit in the 2018-2019 era. I started multiple journey threads and experienced great success on OMAD. I got away from this lifestyle because my ED brain threw me off when trying to be too restrictive with OMAD, and life was honestly lifing!

Since my last post, I:
Have moved twice
Got engaged again and then married
Graduated from my doctoral program (it's Dr. Mrs. Britt now!)
Started a new job
Started weekly therapy
Released an old community and built a new one

At the same time, I:
Contracted COVID twice and am still dealing with long COVID
Was diagnosed with multiple autoimmune diseases
Have started two new medications
Reached an all-time high weight of 188

With all of that said, I have finally stepped into what I know is the happiest portion of my life. Stress has reduced greatly, and I have been taking better care of my mental and spiritual health. Now I want to take better care of my physical health, beginning with dropping the weight of this lifelong burden once and for all.

No rules this time around besides following traditional OMAD. If/when I plateau, I will make adjustments, but for now, I want to keep it easy. That's the beauty of home: a soft, familiar, and easy place to land, recuperate, and recommit. Today is day 1.

Current stats:
Height: 4'9"
Weight: 172.2
Goal Weight Range: 122-128

Replies

• drbriPhD
    Day 1 (7/17): 172.2 lbs

gj5ltq98s23o.jpeg
    yowuwtl606re.jpeg

Consumed 6:15 PM - 7:15 PM:
    Gluten free naan pizza
    Cucumbers with Italian dressing
    Watermelon lime mint mocktail
    Gluten free dairy free ice cream cone
    Not pictured: 2 dairy free sea salt caramels

Starting again is exciting, though I definitely waited too long to eat. I was pretty hungry by 4:45 but waited to eat with my wife. I cook daily, so waiting to do so until 5:30ish was challenging.
    We’re having a guest over tomorrow for dinner at 7, and I’m hoping I’ll be able to make it. If I have to eat before, I will. Waiting too long to eat is a recipe for making poor choices during my meal and being hungry later due to crappy intake.
  • drbriPhD
    edited July 19
    Day 2 (7/18): 171.6 lbs (-.6 lbs)

I didn't take pictures because we had a guest over for dinner, and I had such a great time connecting! My window was 2 hours because we spent a lot of time talking and enjoying each other's company. That's honestly the real beauty of OMAD for me -- I get to enjoy socializing without having to worry about counting or trying to fit in foods based upon what I consumed earlier in the day. The freedom is priceless.

Consumed 7:45 PM - 9:45 PM:
    Spinach and artichoke dip
    Salsa
    Tortilla chips
    Caesar salad
    Roasted drumstick
    1/2 loaded baked potato
    Gluten free dairy free ice cream cone
    A couple of glasses of Chardonnay

I did get hungry again around 4:45 PM, so I will likely make 5:00 PM my meal time unless I have to change it for guests, events, etc.
    Enjoying being back in this lifestyle!
  • drbriPhD
    Day 3 (7/19): 170.6 lbs (-1.6 lbs)

ltec1au0gnvw.png

Consumed 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM:
    Salmon
    1/2 loaded baked potato
    Caesar salad
    Not pictured: Glass of vino verde, gluten free dairy free cone

I got hungry a little earlier than 4:45 today but was super busy with work.