Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Introduction Thread (please tell us who you are:)

1235»

Replies

• dblosmith
    dblosmith Posts: 29 Member
    Hello! I'm Chris and currently live on the gulf coast. I've always been big, but a while back I lost a lot of weight and found my abs. Unfortunately, life happened and I've gained it all back. I'm looking for an accountability partner. Someone to harass me and motivate me and maybe I could do the same for them. :) If interested, feel free to message me.
  • GoldenCluck
    GoldenCluck Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I'm Alyssa and I'm a 31 year old AFAB queer person living in Pennsylvania with my partner and our pet rats. I use she/they pronouns. I'm looking to connect with others to help with motivation to make healthier choices for myself. Open to all new friends!

I've been going to the gym, but can't wait to start walking a couple of local trails once the snow starts to melt around here!
  • ReReNotMe
    ReReNotMe Posts: 63 Member
    Hi nice to meet everyone.

I'm Benny (he/him) trans tfm and bisexual. I'm 20 and a student in Scotland.

I started off a few months ago at 110kg (245lbs and obese) and am down to 86kg (overweight), working towards 68-73kg.

Nice to meet everyone and best of luck on your journeys :)
  • emrlovesemr
    emrlovesemr Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I'm Evette and I'm a 44 year old lesbian living in Austin. I use she/her pronouns. I'm looking to connect with others to help with motivation and accountability. Open to all new friends!

I’ve had some mildly complicated medical issues starting in 2020 that has resulted in weight gain.

I hope I can be a support and find support here. Nice to meet ya’ll and best wishes to everyone in there journeys.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,945 Member
    I’m autigender. My pronouns are she/her/they/them
    My gender is…. a social construct that really doesn’t apply much of the time.

I’m a boomer. But I try not to be A Boomer, y’know?

I’m disabled, and working my way down from a weight I didn’t measure at my highest, down to maybe 150? I got to around 167 a couple years back and stopped logging in. I’m around 220 now.

Glad to have some like minded friends.
  • MQEnglishIV
    MQEnglishIV Posts: 18 Member
    Hi! Matthew here. Just trying to stay on track with my diet :)
  • madmud4631
    madmud4631 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey, I think im on here as madmud which is a name I use for artistic pursuits. I go by Pixie. I’m bi/poly/queer/artsy/aspy/goofy. I’ve gained 25 lbs (per my pcp) since I’ve met my boyfriend. I guess love makes you fat. She was not happy with that answer. Our girlfriend (I hate thrupple, meh trio, we are a truffle) has been with us 8 months. She & i are struggling to loose the “love handles”. I now understand that term a LOT better. He hates anything ‘diet’, I’m more the cook/baker. This is going to be an interesting journey to get us all healthy and myself at a more reasonable weight again.
  • madmud4631
    madmud4631 Posts: 2 Member
    fsxphq69w44r.jpeg
  • baodell17724
    baodell17724 Posts: 49 Member
    "Guy Lookin' for other Guy Friends on this Weight-Loss Journey!"

About Me:
    Gay man, 67 years old, widower, dealing with a bad hip repair (Medicaid s*cks!), as well as MS, so have used a rollator since 2017 for balance, stability and strength.

Why I want to get in shape:
    As LMFAO sings it, I wanna feel "I'm sexy and I know it!" LOL
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=wyx6JDQCslE&list=RDEMfazus7hsPpXTvZjGFv8DSQ&start_radio=1&rv=9SfPOlRWELg

Seriously, I want to what I can to live longer, as I'm now in the second half of my life. That requires healthier eating and losing weight! I'm at the lower end of the obesity scale and working towards having a "Dad Bod" finally. I want to walk w/o constantly stopping to catch my breath. I want to have confidence again to go on a date.

For the 'umteenth' time again, I'm on a low-calorie diet (no junk food, very little processed food, only sugar in my coffee, no 'bad' fats, very little white flour) as well as intermittent fasting (16:8 or 18:6 or 24 hours or 48 hours). June 1st, 2024 I started at 286.2 lbs; today (July 16, 2024) I'm at 262.6 lbs.

I've purchased a set of resistance bands and dumbbells and just started using them! Looking to buy a weight bench on Amazon Prime today!

Looking for a guy Accountability Partner to check-in with regularly and/or guys experienced with weights, bands and other forms of exercise.

• KnittingDragon
    KnittingDragon Posts: 12 Member
    I'm Hilary, 59, British (and in the UK), Bi/Pan, disabled and waaay to heavy! I have lost almost 5 stone (aka 66.5 lb or 30 kg) - err anything else you want to know please ask!
  • KnittingDragon
    Hi! I'm Katy, 30, 6"0', bi/pan, engaged, and live in San Diego. I'm now at 351lbs and terrified because I've never been this big before and don't want to continue to gain.

I hope things are going well for you - I also reached 350 lbs, currently 283.5 lbs and falling!
  • KnittingDragon
    I’m autigender. My pronouns are she/her/they/them
    My gender is…. a social construct that really doesn’t apply much of the time.

I’m a boomer. But I try not to be A Boomer, y’know?

I’m disabled, and working my way down from a weight I didn’t measure at my highest, down to maybe 150? I got to around 167 a couple years back and stopped logging in. I’m around 220 now.

Glad to have some like minded friends.

Also disabled here, which makes trying to tone up whilst losing weight ... tricky!