Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hi all

LAFordyce13
LAFordyce13 Posts: 3 Member
None of the adhd groups seem to be alive :'(
I'm late diagnosed (last year). Explains my whole life and my eating issues and weight fluctuations.
Looking for friends to add for motivation and body doubling.
I'm not new to mfp but had to make a new account as *shockingly* couldn't remember my log in details...
Tagged:

Replies

• RoadToFeelingGreat
    RoadToFeelingGreat Posts: 10 Member
    Hi, fellow adhd person. I am looking for a community for this. My adhd and other mental health situations make it difficult for me to sleep, be consistent in motivation, remembering what I ate and exercise so I have to put my mind and willpower into it ( like a drunk person trying to walk in a straight line) into it and use an assortment of tricks and medication to counteract my weak points. I am looking for personal development starting on my physical health.
  • Melanierocks2024
    Melanierocks2024 Posts: 4 Member
    Hey! You’re right I can’t figure out which groups work! Let’s try haha.
  • carijoy27
    carijoy27 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I'm in the same sort of boat. Chasing dopamine, but hoping mfp will make goals tangible and easier to focus on.
    I've been unable to take meds for adhd for the past year, and food largely stepped in for me. Double stuf oreos are my weakness.
    I'm all for body doubling, motivation, and encouragement! I'm really hoping this is the right fit!
  • mikeyrowlands
    mikeyrowlands Posts: 73 Member
    Not sure what body doubling in but I could do with a place to share experiences and tips.

I was diagnosed last year, meds helped but seem to be in short supply.

My biggest issue is once I'm tired/drained at the end of the day, I struggle to keep to my plan, I eat junk for a dopamine boost, I'd love to go to the gym but by the time my commute is done, I just don't have the capacity.

Health wise I need to fix it, I'm getting on and won't keep avoiding serious illness. I
  • SerenityVS
    SerenityVS Posts: 8 Member
    Hi.
    Yeah. I have also had to change my login details and start a new account on My Fitness Pal at least twice because I forgot my login details.

Also can't seem to stick to a damned thing. I try for a good few weeks but either get bored or get sick or the thought of eating certain things I am meant to be eating makes me feel sick.

My thing I am trying at the moment is the Gousto meal service to encourage me to cook and eat fresh food again and get away from processed ready meals.

I've also signed up to another term of bellydance classes.

The only thing is I find it so hard to motivate myself to just stand there and do the cooking and chopping. Podcasts help. Also squishy slippers. I have fibromyalgia and a bad leg so it's also quite painful some days.

I got really annoyed with myself recently because the meals started backing up and now my fridge is too full so had to postpone my boxes and change them to fortnightly. It's nice when I can do it but it's so overwhelming when I can't.