Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Daily Motivation, Inspiration, & Affirmation

13»

Replies

• GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Food For Thought
    February 16

Meetings

We have proved that we cannot control our eating alone. Through OA, we have found a way that works, provided we work the program. If we become careless about attending meetings, we are thrown back on our own weakness.

It is the OA meeting which gives us the hope and enthusiasm we need to continue in the program. The sharing and fellowship of the group provides strength and encouragement. In times of difficulty, most of us find that the more meetings we attend, the better able we are to cope.

When we don't feel like going to a meeting, it may be because our old overeating habit is trying to surface. We are never cured of our disease and we never outgrow our need for the strength, fellowship, and love we receive from OA meetings.

I give thanks for OA.

• GrokRockStar
    Feb 16:
    What a great read today, as once again, I can relate. I’ve been guilty of putting off a meeting because it wasn’t convenient at the time. I can’t say for sure if it was the disease talking, but I do know during my early years in QA, my disease wasn’t the priority. Now that I live outside of the city, going to a face to face meeting is challenging, especially when it’s snowing (like today). Also, living in a somewhat small town, the OA meetings are sparse. I can’t beat myself up about it and if I can’t meet face to face, I supplement with step studies with my sponsees, speaker podcasts, and/or live phone meetings. With these OA tools, I am still connected to the fellowship, which I am ever grateful for.

I'm Felicia, a grateful compulsive overeater in recovery!
  • GrokRockStar
    Food For Thought
    March 20

Peeling Off Layers

As we work our program, we peel off layers of old, worn out thoughts and habits. OA gives us a place to share old hurts and fears so that we are able to get rid of them. Our OA friends accept us and give us the benefit of their experience. With their help, we are able to leave the old layers behind and move ahead.

We never stop learning and growing. When we are ready to accept it, our Higher Power reveals just as much truth to us as we can assimilate. He directs our progress through the Steps of this program as we are prepared to take them.

If we are sincere in our efforts, the right help will come when we need it. It may come through another member, a piece of literature, a new insight, or even a difficult experience. Peeling off and discarding worn out layers of ourselves is hard work and is often painful. But when we look back and see how we have grown, the satisfaction more than outweighs the pain.

Guide me as I peel away and leave behind the useless thoughts and habits I have accumulated
  • GrokRockStar
    What a great reading today. It reminds me to let go of old ideas that got me to the place of insane eating. I am glad to have a place of understanding. Through working step 11, I'm able to get out of myself and let my HP direct my experiences. Letting go of my "control" was necessary to allow change to come in. The learning and growing will never stop, I believe, as there are always new experiences, new people to deal with (good and bad), and changes to my approach. I am forever evolving.

I'm Felicia, a grateful compulsive overeater in recovery!
  • damselfly7981
    damselfly7981 Posts: 111 Member
    Thank you for your acts of service. I was called to this site today and am stumbling around myfitness app. only by the grace of my HP to type in OA. I thought maybe this site has something and there is was! My HP shows me again in little things the support I need.
  • GrokRockStar
    It's been a long while, but today I claim my seat in the OA room!
  • damselfly7981
    damselfly7981 Posts: 111 Member
    one day at a time.
  • SenchaJill
    SenchaJill Posts: 633 Member
    I’m with you for today, just for today.
  • AG_Lake
    AG_Lake Posts: 45 Member
    My O.A. Affirmation For Today is : Achieving and maintaining O.A. Abstinence will lead you to feelings of peace, love and happiness.
  • AG_Lake
    edited July 28
    Random check in : my food plan was great today - somehow under ate calories by a bit .
    So Abstained from compulsive overeating today .
    YAY !
    Today’s Affirmation:
    O.A. Abstinence is like A.A. Sobriety.

In my action plan I walked a lot this sunny afternoon in a big park.
    Also did pray and meditate , although I’m still only in the prep stage for O.A. STEP ONE !
    So it was like a practice session.
    I’m using the O.A. TWELVE STEP WORKSHOP AND STUDY GUIDE .
    I’m excellent for reading OFFICIAL O.A. LITERATURE.
  • AG_Lake
    OA POSITIVE AFFIRMATION FOR TODAY :
    A Share at OA can be of good Service to other folks and if it’s written down it can be timeless.
  • AG_Lake
    Aug 4 , 2024 . down -2.2 #s . YAAY me ! 👏 By sticking to my food plan . Even ate a planned snack yesterday just in case I wasn’t eating enough for my body to show a weight loss .
    O.A. POSITIVE AFFIRMATION FOR TODAY : The O.A. TOOLS ARE THERE FOR YOU TO USE TO GET THE POSITIVE ABSTINENCE RESULTS YOU WANT .
  • AG_Lake
    Hi , O.A. people being assisted by MFP !
    Trying to extend a helping hand to obese compulsive overeaters here.
    So I’m seeking big Recovery outcomes in health, physical health, emotional health and spiritual health, and in wellness and fitness.
    At today’s w.i. I lost 1.2#s .
    I must say since starting on this Road to Recovery,
    I’ve had to Re-examine what ‘STAYING WITHIN MY FOOD PLAN’ REALLY MEANS,
    because it came to My Attention that there were Loopholes in Adhering to my food plan ,
    meaning that it’s kind of permissive about how much I can eat.
    Thus I’ve had to clamp down on that loophole and walk the narrow road about my eating plan,
    i.e. got more strict by myself as the food plan wasn’t holding me in.
    If u can follow what I mean.
    Have a lovely sunny day, everyone! ☀️🌸
  • AG_Lake
    edited August 17
    Hi O.A. People on MFP ,
    FYI , there are excellent current O.A. Shares on YouTube . All the Sharers seem to be 💯 lbs lost Abstainers from Compulsive Overeating. Some of them say they Are Recovered , some of them say they are Not Yet Recovered Compulsive Overeaters ; but to be Asked to Share , one must be Officially Successful ; so it’s all good.
    At today’s WI down -1.7 from last WI . YAAY MEEE !!
    TODAY’S O.A. POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS : I DO UNDERSTAND THAT GOD’S WILL FOR ME FOR TODAY IS TO WORK SUCCESSFULLY TOWARDS GETTING EVERY SINGLE POUND OF THE EXTRA EXCESS WEIGHT OFF MY BODY !
    I guess I’m working towards physical recovery .
    AND I DO MY BEST TO SURRENDER TO MY HIGHER POWER
    WHICH FOR ME MEANS : 🎶🎶🎶
    I SURRENDER ALL TO JESUS, I SURRENDER ALL .
  • AG_Lake
    edited August 25
    Hey everyone ! .
    I’m checking- in : down 1.0# from last time .
    My metabolism must be broken quite a bit now that I’m older.
    When I was younger I could definitely lose 10# per month,
    now for the same effort I get 5-6# off per month .
    Thnx for all the Overeaters Anonymous Literature available for newbies like myself.
    I’m praying and hoping to keep strictly on my food plan and to end each week on a Strong Note with a positive weight loss .
    Dipping into some required AA Literature also.
    TODAY’S OVEREATERS ANONYMOUS AFFIRMATION :
    WE CAN BE RELIEVED OF OUR OVEREATING OBSESSION BY JOURNEYING WITH OVEREATERS ANONYMOUS AND WORKING THE TWELVE STEPS .

☀️🌧💧🌸🦩🦩