Hello all, new to Tirzepatide and looking for friends

FionaAnne22
FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
Hey everyone, quick introduction. I'm Fiona, live in Scotland, 2 kids, time consuming, stressful job, and recently started Tirzepatide. Started 3.5 weeks ago, on a 2.5mg dose. Next dose (Monday morning) takes me up to 5mg.

My weight loss history is long and rollercoaster-like. Joined MFP back in 2011 at 270 pounds, and with up and downs, got down to 160 pounds via a combination of methods, calorie counting mainly, but then for the last year Bright Line Eating. BLE allowed me the last 20 pounds, but it felt so restrictive, I rebounded around 18 months ago, and managed to make my way back up to 221 pounds.

During the rebound I was half heartedly trying WW, calorie counting, Zoe, but still overeating with fear I was going all the way back up and over. Enter Tirzepatide, which I signed up for purely out of curiosity, my opinion going in was no way is this going to work, I don't even use hunger anymore as a decision point in eating.

Well I'm now 3.5 weeks in, and I'm pleased to say I'm down 7.5 pounds. Not groundbreaking, but for me this is a slow, potentially forever journey, where my main aims are two things, hopefully lose some weight, but also don't feel restricted too much, as it does just push me into a rebound. I am definitely feeling less inclined to eat, and fuller, and left wondering is this how people with no food issues think?

Looking forward to seeing how it goes, and feel free to send me a friends request if you have similar aims!

Replies

• JodieHut
    JodieHut Posts: 702 Member
    @FionaAnne22 .... hope you are still doing well on this med. I just started using tirzepatide compound five days ago. My appetite is completely gone! It's a very strange feeling. I felt nauseous last week after my first shot, so I am trying to do better this week and get more protein in. Apparently, drinking a lot of electrolytes is equally important, so I am doing that as well.

I am excited for this journey!!
  • PBAUSA17
    PBAUSA17 Posts: 20 Member
    Hello from Edinburgh :) I just ordered my first 2.5 mg dose with expected delivery sometime this week. After weeks of thinking about this, reading various posts online, listening to Johann Hari and Oprah talk about these drugs, seeing a colleague lose weight, and being fed up with a 5-year plateau, I am trying Mounjaro! I initially lost around 33 lbs. through IF and continue to IF every day - and this is why I think I only gained 4-5 lbs back over the past 5 years. But, I just cannot seem to lose anymore. I need to lose 33 more to be in the normal BMI range so am giving this a try. I am worried about side effects, but am choosing to just embrace it and hope it gets me to a new set point. I can then (hopefully) maintain and not have to stay on it indefinitely. That is the dream!
  • JodieHut
    JodieHut Posts: 702 Member
    @PBAUSA17 ,,,, congrats! It's been a game changer for me and I'm only 15 days in! Side effects are minimal for most, but I embrace them as well.... its a small price to pay for better health in the long run. Best of luck to you!
  • jas0441
    jas0441 Posts: 13 Member
    I am in my second week and down 5 lbs ( 4.5 of which were in the first week). But I no longer have food cravings, I can eat 3 meals and not graze all day. My alcohol consumption is way down. So even though I may lose slowly, I am confident I will lose the weight eventually. I have been trying so many years, I think this is finally going to work. My BMR is only 1222 and TDEE 1446, so my daily calorie goal is only 1040 and on Zepbound this is not a problem to eat this little. Time will tell.
  • tabaret
    tabaret Posts: 3 Member
    Hello Fellow Loosers! <3 I've lost 30 lbs since late Jan. Started on Zepbound then switched to Wegovy 3rd month in due to shortage. Switching back to the Zepbound now as it seems it is available in my area again. Both work well for me but I'm having some side effects from Wegovy (lethargy, nausea, bad heartburn) that I didn't have with Zepbound. Have had NO trouble staying under the 1500 calories a day recommended by my Dr. since starting 5 months ago. Feeling better, but got another 70 to go, so I'm in it for the long haul. These drugs are a game changer for me. Looking forward to improving my life.
  • jmgatin
    jmgatin Posts: 3 Member
    Hi all,

I am new to using Mounjaro - had my 2nd shot at 2.5 mg yesterday. I am already down 2.5 lbs so that is a win already. I have a long, bumpy history with trying to lose weight too. My mom made me go with her to TOPS when I was about 13 or so - I think she needed someone to go with her for courage because when I see photos of myself then, I was NOT overweight! That started my messed up relationship with food, I am certain.
    Once I got married, I gained a bit of weight, joined WW and lost it easily. Then got pregnant and gained a lot of weight! I had gone back to WW after baby was born and was doing fine - until I got pregnant again. They immediately put me on maintenance and I got my lifetime membership. I have never been even slightly close to a goal weight set by WW or by me. In 2011, I had a gastric band installed and lost about 80 lbs - weight started creeping back up, and then I started having problems with the band, so it had to come out. I also got lovely gallstones, so had to have my gallbladder out, too. I have tried Ozempic, Saxenda and now Mounjaro - I am really hoping for success! I have spent a ton of money over the last 40 years and am willing to continue to pay for this medication so long as it is helping me reset my mind and get myself back on track to healthy eating. I do want to avoid a lot of the diseases I know can come along with obesity along with aging. I look forward to chatting and hearing your stories,
    Judy in Canada
  • germangirlvt
    germangirlvt Posts: 3 Member
    Hi all
    I’m Sabine, 53, menopausal, hot flashing, struggling to lose weight. What else is new 😂
    Started tirzepatide 4 weeks ago at 236lbs 5’7”, goal weight is 190lbs, currently down 13lbs at 223. With no effort at all, go figure.

I’ve always had issues with my weight and BMI, though I learned through a recent DEXA scan that I have a pretty high lean muscle mass and therefore BMI will never be a good measure for health for me, as it is for so many women because … men invented it.

Regardless, i lost 40lbs via a weight loss nutritionist led program at my gym in 2019, was down to 208lbs and felt great. Used MFP and really found it helpful.
    Then COVID hit, I herniated the discs in my back, and long story short, back to 240 this year.

I’m trying to prep for back surgery this fall by losing weight but also just feeling better about myself.

Great to find a community like this on here!

Sabine
  • JREmore
    JREmore Posts: 21 Member
    Hello all! New to this group and also on my Weight loss journey with the support of tirzepatide compound which have been great. Today I started my first does of 7.5 and since starting I'm down 20lbs in 8 weeks. I'm currently working out 4 days a week with resistance training and at least 30 mins of cardio everyday. Looking to add more friends for motivation so please feel free to add me.