Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

MOTIVATIONAL HELP & QUOTES

Nutbugs2
Nutbugs2 Posts: 60 Member
edited September 3 in Social Groups
kdlvqzaxvmuz.png
Tagged:

Replies

• Nutbugs2
    wi5x4mqk3brj.png

• Nutbugs2
    How many of you have done this? Me too.
    4qqvxa0r259f.png
  • Nutbugs2
    Hey Friends, Here’s How I’m Tackling My 100#+ Weight Loss Journey!

If you’re like me and have over 100 pounds to lose, it can feel like an uphill battle, but we’ve got this! 💪 I’ve been diving into the best ways to make this happen without feeling like I’m starving or missing out on life, so I wanted to share what’s working for me:

**1. Figuring Out My Numbers using MFP:** I started by calculating my Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE)—fancy words for how many calories I need just to stay where I am. It’s super helpful to know where you’re starting from! 🔍

**2. Making a Calorie Deficit:** I’ve been aiming to eat about 500-1,000 fewer calories each day. It’s not about huge, drastic changes but small, manageable ones. This way, I’m seeing steady progress without feeling overwhelmed! 🐢

**3. No Crazy Diets Here:** I tried going super low on calories before, and trust me, it’s not worth it. I was tired, cranky, and it slowed down my metabolism. Now, I make sure I’m eating enough—at least 1,500-2,500 calories a day, and it’s making all the difference! 🚫

**4. Focusing on the Good Stuff:** I’m filling up on foods that keep me full and happy—lean proteins, whole grains, fruits, veggies, and some healthy fats. It’s all about balance, and I’m feeling so much better for it! 🥑🍓

**5. We have to Remember Patience is Key:** I keep reminding myself that this is a marathon, not a sprint. Every pound lost is a win, and I’m celebrating every little victory along the way! I'd like ro celebrate it with you🏅

I’d love to hear what’s working for you! Let’s cheer each other on—we’ve got this! 💥 #WeightLossJourney #HealthyLiving #OneStepAtATime
    #announcement #100# #readytostart
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited September 3
    g8upn6otaxj2.png

I am focused on eating to help my body with food I also enjoy. And do other things (not eat extra) for other non-food needs/reasons.

It's a bit of a daily (re)commitment!

tcaostn9cq2k.jpg
  • Nutbugs2
    g8upn6otaxj2.png

I am focused on eating to help my body with food I also enjoy. And do other things (not eat extra) for other non-food needs/reasons.

It's a bit of a daily (re)commitment!

tcaostn9cq2k.jpg

That that emotional eating chart is excellent! Thanks for posting that. I think I might print that out and paste it to my fridge.
  • Nutbugs2
    bpluqv82yrru.jpg

Having a good laugh now and then is healthy.
  • trixsterjl31
    trixsterjl31 Posts: 55 Member
    edited September 6
    Nutbugs2 wrote: »
    Hey Friends, Here’s How I’m Tackling My 100#+ Weight Loss Journey!

If you’re like me and have over 100 pounds to lose, it can feel like an uphill battle, but we’ve got this! 💪 I’ve been diving into the best ways to make this happen without feeling like I’m starving or missing out on life, so I wanted to share what’s working for me:

**1. Figuring Out My Numbers using MFP:** I started by calculating my Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE)—fancy words for how many calories I need just to stay where I am. It’s super helpful to know where you’re starting from! 🔍

**2. Making a Calorie Deficit:** I’ve been aiming to eat about 500-1,000 fewer calories each day. It’s not about huge, drastic changes but small, manageable ones. This way, I’m seeing steady progress without feeling overwhelmed! 🐢

**3. No Crazy Diets Here:** I tried going super low on calories before, and trust me, it’s not worth it. I was tired, cranky, and it slowed down my metabolism. Now, I make sure I’m eating enough—at least 1,500-2,500 calories a day, and it’s making all the difference! 🚫

**4. Focusing on the Good Stuff:** I’m filling up on foods that keep me full and happy—lean proteins, whole grains, fruits, veggies, and some healthy fats. It’s all about balance, and I’m feeling so much better for it! 🥑🍓

**5. We have to Remember Patience is Key:** I keep reminding myself that this is a marathon, not a sprint. Every pound lost is a win, and I’m celebrating every little victory along the way! I'd like ro celebrate it with you🏅

__________________below is reply by joe.
    Great insight. Look at this as a life change not a diet. Find a way of eating that works for you to maintain the weight you want and then as you approach your weight you end up having to exercise to maintain the deficit. This will make you healthier and make what is a "Diet" into your new diet (way of life).

Dont give yourself cheat anything. If you have an event and you go a little off the rails ok but this is about discipline. Prove to yourself that you can stay in control when everyone else is the room is off the rails and then normal days will be soo much easier. **if you go off the rails get back on and keep trucking, but dont let that make you think going off the rails is a good thing.
  • Adventurista
    edited September 6
    7gpztcusal5l.jpg
    Agree about building a lifestyle Joe, and with Nutbugs2 on figuring how much is enough... Bagged up some 28g (1 oz) mixed nuts for snackage.

Helps to make the time needed to find and make or buy the foods that help us.
  • Nutbugs2
    lqbqepermqa7.png
  • Adventurista
    Gathering Tools for the 'don't quit kit'
    m8f35vrxjmx4.png
  • Nutbugs2
    Gathering Tools for the 'don't quit kit'
    m8f35vrxjmx4.png

These are good. Should print out and alternate placing them on the mirror. Thanks for posting.
  • Nutbugs2
    t1ma1544mw0o.png
  • Nutbugs2
    r51erliq30zx.png
  • Nutbugs2
    8j6oy804jae0.jpg