What's On Your Mind Today?

2»

Replies

• nansbones7708
    nansbones7708 Posts: 442 Member
    Not posting my daily progress till later today. It’s fine so far but I’m overtired and my muscles aren’t happy with what I’ve done over the last couple of days and the naught me is craving junk but I’m not hungry.
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,193 Member
    I’m hoping to get more yesses than passes this month

Me, too!

• AwkwardHaircut
    AwkwardHaircut Posts: 156 Member
    I’m feeling disappointed in myself today. I had a huge, late lunch, and didn’t even feel like having supper. But I made some for the kids, and next thing you know, I was almost 500 calories over for the day (250 above maintenance). Usually I’m fine with pass days, because I feel like I’m choosing to do it. But today I was eating out of habit, with little awareness and it didn’t feel great. On the plus side, I had no junk food, and my nutrition choices were good.
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,193 Member
    Finally, yesterday, I did a wee bit of exercise for the 1st time in a long time.
    Have some soreness. Any recommendations? Other than stretches, maybe? Or just ignore…
    Sore triceps, shoulders, & either hip flexor or lower abs—not sure what area it’s called. Front of hips below pelvis where meets legs both sides. (Not groin).
    Not too bad a sore, more like “”good” sore.
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 2,680 Member
    @Elbee1 Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. Keep moving today in whatever way doesn’t feel strenuous. And enjoy the “good soreness” 😎
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,301 Member
    edited October 5
    @kaferine69 ~ roller derby always looks like a riot!
    Elbee1 wrote: »
    Finally, yesterday, I did a wee bit of exercise for the 1st time in a long time.
    Have some soreness. Any recommendations? Other than stretches, maybe? Or just ignore…
    Sore triceps, shoulders, & either hip flexor or lower abs—not sure what area it’s called. Front of hips below pelvis where meets legs both sides. (Not groin).
    Not too bad a sore, more like “”good” sore.

@Elbee1 - i think that muscle structure are the upper inner adductors. had it seize one time, and it prevented hip flexion... it is a complex multi-musclature structure area where several muscles join together that is a bit difficult to stretch gently.

if you have access to a pool, after warmup like walking... there's an exercise to crawl the wall side to side, slowly to fully extend & hold the leg extended, then gently press into the wall at the hips side hugging the wall with bent knee (as if doing a stretch squats).

This can also be done on land with things like a very slow and low stretch with a lateral leg stretch but it's more difficult on joints than in the water.

and for stretching - important not to bounce or do jerky motions, which can injure the muscles.
    deep, slow breathing can help hold a stretch longer and relieve muscle tension, and don't push it too far. Because it it already sore/tender, it can feel sore just moving it, but shouldn't feel increased pain while stretching. Stop if any sharp or sudden pain.

here's an article with some stretches for that.

https://www.healthline.com/health/exercise-fitness/how-to-stretch-inner-thigh#static-stretches
  • nansbones7708
    nansbones7708 Posts: 442 Member
    edited October 5
    Great day Saturday
    gk9vey248k9q.png
    zzkpmbvkgilh.jpeg
    91yc20o8po9q.jpegwn98zrlf9lmh.jpeg

Up and walked before breakfast
    Loads of indoor chores
    Lunch
    Then a successful afternoon of retail therapy.