What are your favorite workouts?

Options
missjoci
missjoci Posts: 412 Member
I find during classes, it's very hard to justify working out when I should be studying. Any quick workout strategies you've found helpful?

Replies

• ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    when it gets super busy I go on the stationary bike and read my chapters or treadmill. i find that if im not studying im wasting time so i try to do both. i know its not the most effective at losing weight but its better than not doing anything.
  • ManicMelody
    Options
    I do workouts in my room after the day is done, usually. 30 Day Shred and Insanity are good for intervals, although 30 Day Shred is better for those in a hurry. Then there's the treadmill in the fitness center when i have time.
  • meeko_meerkat
    meeko_meerkat Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I do workouts in my room after the day is done, usually. 30 Day Shred and Insanity are good for intervals, although 30 Day Shred is better for those in a hurry. Then there's the treadmill in the fitness center when i have time.

Awesome, I just bought the 30ds and can't wait to start it. In the meantime I've also found working out in my room before class/between class to be best. I've been doing the EA Sports Active Personal Trainer program on the wii and its really good for quick 20 minute workouts :)
  • ManicMelody
    Options
    Oooo yeah, Wii is good, if you have it. A lot of my friends, even the beachbody trainers, love Just Dance on the Wii for a fun workout.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    If I can't bring myself to go to the gym I'll run in place in my room while watching a movie or TV show.

You can always bring a book to the gym too. I've seen some super talented people read a book on the elliptical.
  • EliotMaree
    EliotMaree Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    when it gets super busy I go on the stationary bike and read my chapters or treadmill. i find that if im not studying im wasting time so i try to do both. i know its not the most effective at losing weight but its better than not doing anything.

Exactly what I do and I love it! Works out nicely....you can get alot of mileage out of a bike but not alot of calories burned....so throw in the elliptical for 10 minutes and try reading if it works. I cant read and be on the elliptical!
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I always make time for Zumba on Tuesday nights, sometimes Wednesday or Thursday, as well.

I like to put my workouts into my schedule just like a class or a meeting or study time, so that I have no excuse to miss it. Otherwise I would get too busy and not workout, which would not be good. I'm a much happier and less stressed person when I work out regularly. Gotta have a time set aside to deal with the stress from school and it's busy schedule!
  • melelana
    melelana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to work out when I really have NO time at all: parking my car waaaayyyyyy across campus so I have to walk a good fifteen or twenty minutes to get to my class. Then fifteen or twenty minutes to walk back to my car afterwards... I've worked in a half hour walk!
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I bike to class. It takes about 7 min each way. I'm trying to take the stairs to class as well. My school is in a tower, and my clases are on the 14th floor. There's 20 min of workout right there.

Since I don't have a car, I bike pretty much everywhere. I try to go to stores a bit out of the way. That technique adds another 15 or so minutes of exercise whenever I need groceries, books or supplies.

I also try to fit in 3 hr of rowing a week in, doing 90 min on Tues/Thurs. It gives me something to look forward to.
  • Mmr2522
    Options
    When I have a lot of reading or flash cards to do I do it on the treadmill during midterms and finals. It doesn't burn as many calories because I have to walk slow, and it's not my favorite machine...but it makes me feel better than doing nothing and I don't feel guilty for not studying.
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to work out when I really have NO time at all: parking my car waaaayyyyyy across campus so I have to walk a good fifteen or twenty minutes to get to my class. Then fifteen or twenty minutes to walk back to my car afterwards... I've worked in a half hour walk!

I've definitely done this at my campus, because there was no parking, so I guess I was getting more exercise than I thought, Haha. I walk to my campus now, but it's only a couple blocks from my house. I guess any exercise is good when you're sitting at a desk all day. :)
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I used to love biking, but I think I look like a flob of fat on a bike.. ;-;
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I used to love biking, but I think I look like a flob of fat on a bike.. ;-;

Ba Ha Ha! Me too! I'm with'ya!

But I bring my book with me to the gym, then read on the stationary bike
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    Dancing! I love to just dance (plus you can burn some calories while you are dancing at parties!) :bigsmile:

My second favorite would have to be running or biking! :smile:
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I always make exercise a priority. I do an hour of cardio a day, plus strength training, so if I am super busy, sometimes I'll only do 30 and no strength. If you're good at multi-tasking, I've found that doing the bike, elliptical, or treadmill can be good for studying as well! Plus, it makes the workout go by faster!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I always make exercise a priority. I do an hour of cardio a day, plus strength training, so if I am super busy, sometimes I'll only do 30 and no strength. If you're good at multi-tasking, I've found that doing the bike, elliptical, or treadmill can be good for studying as well! Plus, it makes the workout go by faster!

This ^ ... Exaxty this and my choice of machine is the elliptical...which I have a chance to get some studying or some reading done while on it
  • fatty2fit88
    fatty2fit88 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    turbofire and insanity
  • VinVenture
    Options
    I lift weights. I decide what muscles to do what days, and once I'm in the weight room the session seems to go super-fast, as I'm only doing four or five different excersises, but plenty enough to feel the burn and get tired. (And takes a lot less time than average cardio to get done)
  • juicygurl1
    juicygurl1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i love spin cycling, and my road bike. if i look like a fatty on two wheels so be it, one day i will be smaller. no hill is too steep to climb!!! i have big dreams! :-)
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I get bored easily, so I try to do something different each time I go, at least for the week. I run, do the elliptical or rowing machine, go to zumba, pilates, yoga, or hip hop... each time is something different.

I've found too that working out is the best way to procrastinate on your homework, because you don't have to work, but you still feel productive. :laugh: