Ready to shed some serious lbs !

Options
I am starting slim in 6 tomorrow, i feel that i need to change my workout up a bit and ready to see where this journey will take me! With more members in this group we can hold each other accountable in this challenge! Who's shedding with me ???

Replies

• BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I searched for a Slim in 6 group earlier and there wasn't one yet and I was just about to start one when I saw this group! I have done some of the Slim in 6 before but never got all the way through it. I just finished 30 Day Shred today and was going to take a rest day tomorrow and just do yoga but I can go ahead and start tomorrow. Where you going to do it 6 days a week with one rest day? Have you done Slim in 6 before?
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I am waiting on my Slim in 6 to get here. I am so excited!!!
  • TheHeidster
    Options
    Yeah welcome to the group thanks for joining!! We must help each other to do this everyday and keep track! I have not done slim in six yet , I didn't know you could get a rest day if so then id probably do Sundays as my rest day as it till be my weigh in and measure day as i go! I am assuming this will not be a easy program but i really want to tone my arms, tummy, legs along with losing pounds.
  • TheHeidster
    Options
    Jenn as soon as you get your dvds please join us in working together and keeping us posted with your progress!
  • BeccaB1981
    Options
    I was thinking about only doing Si6 on the days that I am not doing c25k b/c after you get past Start It Up (which is only 24 mins) Ramp It Up is 47 mins and, if I remember correctly, Burn It Up is 54 mins... I am not sure I will have time in the morning to do my running and either of the second two levels. I was thinking on my c25k days I would just do the slim & 6-pack but that would put me way behind you guys so I will have to figure that one out...
  • RosiG
    RosiG Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've had the Si6 for months now and have yet to do a full 6 weeks. I'll be starting it tomorrow for sure. I'm also doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and sometimes I'll do her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I've gotta figure out a good rotation for all these darn dvd's...lol
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have tried doing Slim in Six before and it is a very effective workout that gets results, but it does get boring kind of fast. I'm hoping maybe if I have a support group or a challenge like this, it will help me keep my focus. I just finished C25K last week, and I need to let a hamstring injury calm down a little bit before I start the next running program. I may have to modify a few of the SI6 exercises to work around that, but that's ok, I think. :) I really like the idea of a having this challenge right through Thanksgiving and Christmas, in order to help me keep my focus.
  • BeccaB1981
    Options
    I've had the Si6 for months now and have yet to do a full 6 weeks. I'll be starting it tomorrow for sure. I'm also doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and sometimes I'll do her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I've gotta figure out a good rotation for all these darn dvd's...lol

I know what you mean. I have Tony Horton's Power Half Hour dvds and I want to try those and I want to get Ripped in 30 and the Banish Fat Boost Metabolism.... there are too many things I want to do right now but I am going to do six weeks of this before I move on. I think maybe after I get through all the ones I want to do then I will start rotating them.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I would love to be part of this group! I have also had this program for a long time but have never finished it. I have a routine I do at the gym but I would really like to add slim in 6 to change it up a little bit. I'm going to see family for christmas and really want to be at my best when I see those people I haven't seen in a long time. Can't wait to get started!
  • TheHeidster
    Options
    welcome a board mallory glad you decided to join in ! keep us posted on how your doing !
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I GOT MY DVD!!! I will be starting it tomorrow!!! I am so excited!!!!!
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!! I know I'm late to the game, but they ask not to duplicate a group. So I'll be starting the Slim in 6 on Sunday, Nov. 27th. I'll post my updates for you all and questions. I too have had the tapes for many years (at least 7 or 8) and have never completed it -- especially not straight through. I think 2 weeks straight was my record. Now that I have a group to share with, I'm hoping to actually complete it this time around and see results. The 2 weeks I did do it -- after Ramp It Up for a week I had lost several inches from my thighs. So I know that it does work. Why that wasn't enough to keep me motivated is beyond me. Hope everyone is successful!