Houston

Options

Replies

• klewis81
    klewis81 Posts: 122
    Options
    Hey All!

I live in Oak Forest and I am a newish runner. I signed up for the Turkey Trot 10k, anyone else signed up for this? I am a run/walker too and can't imagine running straight for more than 15 minutes!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Everyone okay with the tornado warnings and thunderstorms? I'm southeast (toward Clear Lake). We've had out lights go out a few times and some heavy rain, but nothing worse than that here.

There's a tornado warning?! And here I've been lollygagging (as my mom would say) around the house like everything is everything! lol

Whatchoo been doing all day?
  • dreilingda
    dreilingda Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, anyone else here an avid Chron.com (Houston Chronicle website) reader? I love Eric Berger's SciGuy blog. He does a fantastic job during hurricane season and regular weather updates and has some good science and Nasa stuff if you're into that. Also, John McClain has a great NFL blog covering all things Texans.
  • macpatti
    Options
    Out of curiosity, anyone else here an avid Chron.com (Houston Chronicle website) reader? I love Eric Berger's SciGuy blog. He does a fantastic job during hurricane season and regular weather updates and has some good science and Nasa stuff if you're into that. Also, John McClain has a great NFL blog covering all things Texans.

I will be now! Thanks for the tip.
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Im excited to see so many people from my neck of the woods on MFP!

lwhitman4... not sure we've met before but its possible I guess. I don't get to the north side much I stay pretty much south of downtown most of the time, maybe I just have one of those faces. :smile:
  • candirw
    Options
    Hi all! I'm in the Pearland area. I started training for the Warrior Dash in February, and now it is only 11 days away. In the meantime, I started running. It all happened accidentally, but now I have run my first unoffical half marathon (13.5 miles) last Saturday. I never set out to be a runner, but I am proud to say that I am now. =) All I can say, is you can do it!

I'll be running the half marathon in Galveston in February and then the Princess half in Florida. I never thought I'd be here, but it's exciting.

I need to refocus on strength training. I've been really bad about that.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Atascocita/Humble area here! We had a tornado touch down just about 5 miles from here tonight - nobody hurt though.
  • BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Houston! Mi casa! Well close enough. It's where I party at anyways. Love this city.
  • macpatti
    Options
    Hi all! I'm in the Pearland area. I started training for the Warrior Dash in February, and now it is only 11 days away. In the meantime, I started running. It all happened accidentally, but now I have run my first unoffical half marathon (13.5 miles) last Saturday. I never set out to be a runner, but I am proud to say that I am now. =) All I can say, is you can do it!

I'll be running the half marathon in Galveston in February and then the Princess half in Florida. I never thought I'd be here, but it's exciting.

I need to refocus on strength training. I've been really bad about that.

I lived in Pearland for years (West Oaks by the Dad's Club). I ran with PearlandFit when I did my first marathon. Good to see you on here!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Spring Valley (close to memorial city mall) here.
  • lil_longhorn
    lil_longhorn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The Woodlands Here. nice to see so many people from the Houston area. :)
  • Alexagetsfit
    Alexagetsfit Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Live in the Heights area. I run on the Heights Running trail and in Memorial Park quite a bit as of late. I am committed to run the Austin Half Marathon in February.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Houston here (and a native!) - SE side (Hobby) but work near med center. We enjoy biking the bayou trails (Buffalo, Brays) and always looking for new ones, walk a lot, and I am trying to improve my not so great running skills :blushing:
  • macpatti
    Options
    Houston here (and a native!) - SE side (Hobby) but work near med center. We enjoy biking the bayou trails (Buffalo, Brays) and always looking for new ones, walk a lot, and I am trying to improve my not so great running skills :blushing:

Welcome! I'm right off Fuqua behind the Fuddruckers!
  • complete_tease
    complete_tease Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Whohoo! Hello H-Town peeps!
  • pammiegirl1117
    pammiegirl1117 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey Houston Babies!!!
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Woop! Going home to Houston for Thanksgiving. If there's a story on Fox26 about a chick who dies from a blood-tamale level of 50%...that's me >.>
  • macpatti
    Options
    Woop! Going home to Houston for Thanksgiving. If there's a story on Fox26 about a chick who dies from a blood-tamale level of 50%...that's me >.>

Haha! We always have tamales for Thanksgiving and Christmas!
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I live in the boonies now and the mexi food out here is so, sooo bad. Think...spanish rice-a-roni with velveeta :sick:
  • macpatti
    Options
    I live in the boonies now and the mexi food out here is so, sooo bad. Think...spanish rice-a-roni with velveeta :sick:

Ewwww. That IS bad!