Aussies doing 30DS

Options
Ange_
Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
Hi,

who are you are doing (or about to start) the 30DS?
I've been doing it for a bit over a week now. Noticing a definite improvement in my fitness and strength.
Anyway how are you all going with it?

Replies

• jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 9. whew.
    This is my 3rd time doing this and am coping much better this time around. So i must be getting fitter.
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Ive being doing it for a few months about 3 - 4 days a week Im not doing the straight 30 days... I use it has a general work out. Since then I have started the c25k (running program) and have found that the 30 day shred has defiantly helped me.
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I did level 2 today fro the first time.

Now, I did all of level one thinking "Yeah, it's a work out.. but it's not all that TOUGH.."
    THen I did level 2 and now I'm all like "OMG" hahaha Level 2 is TOUGH! Looking forward to level 3.
    Once I'm done with the 30DS I'm hoping to join a gym or something and do some strength on the days I don't run. :D
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it in ages. I found it got way too easy.

I should try it again, but with heavier weights.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Day 5 tonight. (I'm currently doing two days on one day off. My knees can't handle it otherwise!)
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I did level 2 today fro the first time.

Now, I did all of level one thinking "Yeah, it's a work out.. but it's not all that TOUGH.."
    THen I did level 2 and now I'm all like "OMG" hahaha Level 2 is TOUGH! Looking forward to level 3.
    Once I'm done with the 30DS I'm hoping to join a gym or something and do some strength on the days I don't run. :D

i'm a bit scared of level 2. Will be starting it in 2 days.
  • meeko_meerkat
    meeko_meerkat Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Going to start 30DS at the start of December. Can't wait! :)
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Whats 30DS?
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I feel I'm doing enough exercise at the moment, but am definitely interested in checking it out!!
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I feel I'm doing enough exercise at the moment, but am definitely interested in checking it out!!
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Whats 30DS?
    It's an exercise DVD by Jillian Michaels - called the 30 day shred.. there are 3 levels, you do one for 10 days, two for 10 days and three for the remaining 10 :)
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Whats 30DS?

30 DS is Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD. Jillian Michaels being one of the trainers form US Biggest Loser. Its a 20 min workout (actually 27min) with 3 levels. Idea being you stick with one level till you are ready to move on, most people try to do each level for 10 days. This is my 3rd go at it. Much better this time. Must be getting fitter and stronger and its a bit easier now that i have lost 20kg. Still have heaps to lose. Anyway I found it quite difficult, and its still giving me a great workout. I had trouble finding the DVD but eventually got it at JB Hi FI.
  • Lozze
    Options
    I think it's like $15 at JB.

I don't know if I can go to level 2 in six days. I was planning on doing Level 1 for the full 30 days.
  • Lozze
    Options
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    I think it's like $15 at JB.

I don't know if I can go to level 2 in six days. I was planning on doing Level 1 for the full 30 days.

Please work at your level. The first time it took me 50+ days to do 30 days and I stayed on level 1. I tried level 2 but hurt my shoulder. I was not ready for it. I learnt to listen to my body and take rest days. Injury is no fun.
  • Lozze
    Options
    Will do! Just did Level 5 and what she says in the video IS true. I'm much better today than I was on Day 1 and 2. I could do a full cycle of the squats and arm raises with weights. I've had to drop them before during the first weight. My cardio is feeling better. I'm not dying through the first round.

Dumb question, but should I be wearing shoes doing this? I haven't been, but my knees are tender and I really don't want injury.
  • Lozze
    Options
    Will do! Just did Level 5 and what she says in the video IS true. I'm much better today than I was on Day 1 and 2. I could do a full cycle of the squats and arm raises with weights. I've had to drop them before during the first weight. My cardio is feeling better. I'm not dying through the first round.

Dumb question, but should I be wearing shoes doing this? I haven't been, but my knees are tender and I really don't want injury.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    AHH Thanks guys, I might look into it soon, I am more of a gym person and doing weights, But my aim is to get ripped, so maybe its worth a look
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Just did day 10 of level 1. have a very sore arm though and had to modify some moves and use lighter weights. I was so looking forward to going straight onto level 2 but I may need to take a rest day. Will keep rubbing it with linament today.
  • SandyEdge
    SandyEdge Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

I did the 30DS with my wife about 3 months ago and got to level 2 - i guess i was doing it on average about 4-5 times a week.
    I have just started again and am on day 3 today. This time around I want to be more consistant.

I find it a really good workout to provide general toning and to keep my body supple. It is fast to do as well.
    AHH Thanks guys, I might look into it soon, I am more of a gym person and doing weights, But my aim is to get ripped, so maybe its worth a look

If you are looking for a workout that "gets you ripped" and you already are a gym guy - then this workout may be a bit low intensity for you. Also look into "p90x" and "insanity" - these are workouts that are higher intensity. I would have a google and also checkout the clips on youtube.