First day who pressed plap ...

Options
Good morning ladies! I hope you all joined me today as starting this Slim in six for 36 days of working out. I plan on doing slim in 6 mon- sat with sun being my rest day. I really enjoined the slim and limber as i needed a good stretch! This workout has a lot of ab work!!

How did you all do ?

I know its hard to figure out calories burned during these work outs so i have a chart here and hopefully it might help you with any work out you might have. Some people have the HRM but if you dont

Calorie Burning Chart for 30 min. of Activity
Activity / Weight 155 lb / 70 Kg 200 lb / 90 Kg 240 lb / 110 Kg
Aerobic 220 280 350
Biking 270 340 420
Fitnesstraining 380 500 600
Fitness Walking 320 400 470
Inline Skating 250 320 400
Mountainbiking 300 390 470
Running (low intensity) 280 370 450
Running (mid intensity) 430 560 690
Running (high intensity) 600 780 950
Swimming 290 380 460
Walking (brisk) 230 300 360
Weight Training 240 300 370

Replies

• jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Nice! I am still waiting on my DVD to get here... The wait is killing me!!!
  • TheHeidster
    Options
    Be prepared Jenn your abs will be SORE lol ! This is the first time i have done this workout !
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do mine tonight. My Start It Up DVD is on loan to a friend right now, so I will be starting with Ramp it Up. I like the Ramp it Up DVD best of the three, and I did not really like Burn it Up at all, so I may just use Ramp it Up the whole time. In Burn it Up, she took out some of my favorite exercises and replaced them with ones I didn't really like... then did like a million more reps of each. Anyway, the thing I like most about these DVDs is the ARM DEFINITION it gives you!!! :)
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I did Start It Up this morning and it went really good. I think my endurance is a lot better now than it was last time I tried doing this series (like 5 years ago). Holding my arms up for all those moves used to KILL me and now it was totally do-able. Not easy but do-able. Lol. I have been doing Slim & Limber everynight for a month or so now and I am going to keep doing that. It helps me relax before bed and it really does help with the stiffness and soreness. I have also been doing the Slim & 6-pack here and there for a while and I pretty much breeze through that now except for the double crunch at the end, for some reason that is where I start to run out of steam.
  • TheHeidster
    Options
    This is my first round i used to workout at the gym in the beginning of my weight loss, and did kick boxing there, then moved to turbo jam and treadmill. This is my first round with slim and 6 and i definitely need the arm definition and tummy toning ! So hopefully this will help me lose more inches! After having the baby i have only lost pounds my goal is to start trimming down as well as losing! Lets home this kicks my butt into shrinking gear!
  • u2fergus
    Options
    This is my first round i used to workout at the gym in the beginning of my weight loss, and did kick boxing there, then moved to turbo jam and treadmill. This is my first round with slim and 6 and i definitely need the arm definition and tummy toning ! So hopefully this will help me lose more inches! After having the baby i have only lost pounds my goal is to start trimming down as well as losing! Lets home this kicks my butt into shrinking gear!
    Believe me... you will. What I found when I did this workout the last time is that it tones up your arms and your legs and butt like crazy!! It did pretty well for the core, too, I think, but I really had to lose some fat off my stomach before the core definition was as noticeable as the other areas. (I tend to carry a lot of fat in my stomach.) I definitely recommend taking your measurements before because it will be very encouraging to see them getting smaller. This is especially important because you may or may not notice a big difference on the scale... I lost inches, but not so many pounds, and it was really discouraging to me if I just looked at the scale.
  • TheHeidster
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement !! I'm definitely looking forward to losing inches! Id rather lose inches and know I'm changing and stay around where I'm at would be ok ! Before i was pregnant i could wear 16-18 jeans and now 7 and half weeks after baby im down to what i was before but I cant fit my old jeans! How can i weigh what i weigh but cant fit in my jeans! That is what discourages me !
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement !! I'm definitely looking forward to losing inches! Id rather lose inches and know I'm changing and stay around where I'm at would be ok ! Before i was pregnant i could wear 16-18 jeans and now 7 and half weeks after baby im down to what i was before but I cant fit my old jeans! How can i weigh what i weigh but cant fit in my jeans! That is what discourages me !

Having a baby changes EVERYTHING!! Even if you are the same weight as before I'm sure your body has a totally different shape now. I know mine does.
  • RosiG
    RosiG Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies...posting late but just wanted to let everyone know that I did my start it up today...yay! I'm really excited to see some changes to this body :laugh:
  • u2fergus
    Options
    It took me till 11:00 pm, but I just finished Ramp It Up for today. The last time I did it (in July), I weighed 242 lbs and I'm at 220 right now... holy crap. Night and day difference. I was able to do the yoga portion of it finally and I barely even sweated that much through the whole workout!! (I used to about die every time I did a workout and I was always too fat to do the yoga moves... it hurt my knees too much.) I'm very excited about this. :)
  • TheHeidster
    Options
    u2fergus that is awesome !!! I am sweating doing the start it up and the abs and i look forward to the stretching part of the dvd its very relaxing and feels great! Im a little nervous about ramp it up! But i know i can do this !!!
  • u2fergus
    Options
    u2fergus that is awesome !!! I am sweating doing the start it up and the abs and i look forward to the stretching part of the dvd its very relaxing and feels great! Im a little nervous about ramp it up! But i know i can do this !!!
    Absolutely you can do it! The important thing to remember is that we can go slower if we need to, and we can take a rest if we need to. Doesn't have to be perfect... just progress. :)
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Well, I was all geared up to start today... but it went horrible! I nailed a deer on the way to work, got a killer headache in the afternoon. so I am checking in on here, then going to bed. Tomorrow is a new day and first thing I am going to do my new DVD!!!