Introductions

Options
jennajava
jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
Ok, you all know what I'm talking about.

I'm 24, married, mom of 1. I have friends still living with their parents, still partying it up, still mooching....they're missing out on real life.

Coffee is my last name, though I do like to drink it. I am a nerd, and proud of it. Read my profile for anything else. :)

Edit: Please feel free to add me. Just include a msg that we're members of the same group.

Replies

• LoserMom_3
    Options
    I'm 26 - will be 27 soon (eep!). Mom of 3 - two boys ages 7 & 4, and a 9 month old daughter. I'm married to a younger man ;) (he's 24, soon to be 25).
    We live in Florida, so I kinda need to get in shape again before beach season starts in February!
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 26 (creeping up on that big 3-0) and have 2 boys ages 5 1/2 and 3. My names Sarah. I've been married for 6 years together 9. I "settled" down when I was 20. My husband is 31 so I tend to act a little older. I'm a homebody and love the outdoors.
  • airycha
    airycha Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am 29 and married. We don't have kids but we do have 2 dogs :P

We got married when I was 25 but I have been living with my now husband and not relying on my parents for at least 5 years now. It is a lot different when you aren't living with your parents and you don't have your parents or their money to rely on.

I am getting close to 30 (I just turned 29 less than a week ago) but not quite out of the 20s yet!
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I am 21, not yet married, but living part time with the guy I am going to marry. We'll get married as soon as I am done with school or he can afford a big enough ring, whichever comes first. Haha

Part time because during the week I am in college and stay in my dorm, and on the weekends I live in our apartment.

I don't have any kids. I guess I am not as settled as you ladies, but I don't go out and party or date.
  • jennajava
    Options
    I am 21, not yet married, but living part time with the guy I am going to marry. We'll get married as soon as I am done with school or he can afford a big enough ring, whichever comes first. Haha

Part time because during the week I am in college and stay in my dorm, and on the weekends I live in our apartment.

I don't have any kids. I guess I am not as settled as you ladies, but I don't go out and party or date.

I would qualify you as settled. :)
  • erialsea
    erialsea Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im Jennifer. I'm 23. Been married for a year and a half and have been with my husband since we were 16. We're not planning on having kids any time soon but we have a german shepherd :) My husband and I live on the east coast while all of our family and friends live on the west coast so it's nice to be on a social site like this. I like to party still (not super crazy but hanging out with other couples), but I guess I can because I have no kids to worry about when I'm hung over ;) I try not to drink too much though because I don't think it fits very well into my new healthy lifestyle. I love outdoorsy type stuff and love to travel. I want to be in awesome shape for the first time in my life!
    Feel free to add me!
  • CaitlinMyers428
    CaitlinMyers428 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 years old. My boyfriend and I live together with our daughter. We are getting married next year, no date yet. We just got a house. I'm enjoying this lifestyle. :)
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Heyy, Meg here. Im 27, married since with a 2 1/2 year old ball of energy! My husband and i have been together for 3 1/2 years married since July 3rd, 2011 :bigsmile: Before i met him i was on my own since i was 18 and i can never go back to depending on someone else!!

Hmm, Not sure what else...suppose thats all for now :flowerforyou:

:heart: Meg
  • MercedesV
    MercedesV Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi All, My name is Mercedes. I just turned 26. I'm officially in my late twenties. lol. Engaged but we've lived together a few years and bought a house. We have no kids together except a BEAUTIFUL black lab named Skippy. I love Skippy.
    Anyways, our date is 9/8/12 and i have not even started looking for dresses because I hate shopping for clothes because I don't like where i am. I seriously want my 14 year old body back. I guess i would settle for my 17 year old body.

Anyways, i need the support and looking at doing this the healthiest way possible. :)

PS. ladies, I need freinds. :D
  • MrsJackieH
    MrsJackieH Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Perfect group for me :) feel free to add me ladies!

I'm 21 almost 22 and married to the guy i dated in high school, he is 5 years older then me tho lols. We have lived together already for 3 years. no kids yet but it has been a popular topic for us here recently. my best friend is 22 and lives with her parents so i deff see how things are different with those relationships, even tho she has been on her own more then once before, things do change no matter your age when it comes to coming back to the nest i think, so im happy to have some support here :D
  • jennajava
    Options
    Perfect group for me :) feel free to add me ladies!

I'm 21 almost 22 and married to the guy i dated in high school, he is 5 years older then me tho lols. We have lived together already for 3 years. no kids yet but it has been a popular topic for us here recently. my best friend is 22 and lives with her parents so i deff see how things are different with those relationships, even tho she has been on her own more then once before, things do change no matter your age when it comes to coming back to the nest i think, so im happy to have some support here :D

Don't rush it. Enjoy your time together...babies change everything, though they are worth it :)
  • pascale485
    pascale485 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Pascale, I am 26 and I have been with my boyfriend for a year and a half now, I can't wait to get married to him, but he wants to wait a little. I am a University student, started in september. Law school can be tough, especially i am almost 10 years older than most of the students. I see them partying and not going to class and that makes me wonder what they are doing there...

I have been on my own since I was 17. I have always paid my bills and taken my responsability.

Now, with the new added stress, University, I took on 15 pounds! :(

I want to look good for my anniversary in april with my boyfriend!
  • erialsea
    erialsea Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi All, My name is Mercedes. I just turned 26. I'm officially in my late twenties. lol. Engaged but we've lived together a few years and bought a house. We have no kids together except a BEAUTIFUL black lab named Skippy. I love Skippy.
    Anyways, our date is 9/8/12 and i have not even started looking for dresses because I hate shopping for clothes because I don't like where i am. I seriously want my 14 year old body back. I guess i would settle for my 17 year old body.

Anyways, i need the support and looking at doing this the healthiest way possible. :)

PS. ladies, I need freinds. :D

It's great that you are becoming healthy now and will enjoy shopping for your dress when that time does come! I unfortunately was very unhappy with my weight at my wedding. But I guess I'm changing things now and that's better than never :)
  • JLervold86
    JLervold86 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just turned 25, got married in August....finished college at 21, been on my own working, put myself through grad school and living life since then...I love fitness, anything outside, travelling all over and and being an "old soul". No kids right now, want to enjoy being married for a couple years first, just us and the dog :o)
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Amy and I'll be turning 25 at the end of the month. Met my husband when I was 18 and we got married in 2009. We just had our first baby boy in March. I LOVE being a wife and mommy!:smile:
  • CarolineSuzanneSmith
    Options
    Hello ALL!

I'm Caroline, 22, and I got married this past May to Christopher (21). I'm done with undergrad and grad school, and living in Auburn, AL while Christopher finishes up his undergrad. Next May he'll graduate and we're off to another city for him to start medical school! Yay!!

We don't have kids- We want to enjoy each other for a while before we have kiddos. Also, we're waiting to start our own little family until we are more financially secure,... some of our siblings got married too young (and without a plan) and are living off our our parents, and we don't want to be like them! We're trying to be as responsible as possible.

Feel free to add me, and I'll add you! I think it's great, and necessary, to have MFP friends of all different sizes, ages, and stories, but for me, personally, I find it most helpful when I have friends with similar stories!
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Clare I'm 28 and a mum of 3 one girl 6 and two boys 3 and 13months. I live in the uk with my fiance and find that my life is very different to a lot of people my age where they are getting up late and partying all night I'm up at 6 and usually in bed by 10ish lol. I wouldn't change it for the world though! Nice to meet you all and feel free to add me
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hola!

I am Vivian, 22, and have been married for a little over a year. I have no children but not for a lack of trying (2 miscarriages). I have only one friend that is similar in age that has a similar lifestyle all my other friends are still partying and doing things that as a married woman i wouldn't do. I love them but can't relate. I have a bsw and plan on going back to school for my msw in may. Look forward to chatting with you guys
  • marlacarie
    Options
    Hello! I'm Carla. I'm 22, married for 2 years (together for 5) and have two boys (3 yr and 11 months). My husband works while I go to school for nursing. We're active in our church and mostly opt to stay in most nights, unless we have to make a diaper run! >.<

Feel free to add me. :)
  • Nelly_J
    Options
    Hey,

I'm 25, married, 1 child: 15 month old girl. I don't have much of a life outside of working full time, taking care of my Daughter and Husband, and running my household. Due to my "friends" dropping like flies once I got in a relationship and had my daughter(Everyone is still living the party life).

Feel free to add me, always looking for friends with similar lifestyles.